In-Game VoIP works?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In-Game VoIP works?

I've heard that it supposedly works in BC2, so I gave it a shot last night with my squad (Voodoo, Fyah, Siker) on the TG serer.

... and it works!

... kind of. The 4 of us were also in a TS channel, so I tried communicating in voip, Fyah heard me and I could hear him, but unfortunately Voodoo and Siker weren't able to. Voodoo did note that his "enable in-game voip" checkbox was disabled prior to joining the server, so it may need to be enabled prior to joining the server.

I know this game has limited life with BF3 coming out in 2.5 months, but it'd be nice to see if we can actually get voip working on the TG servers. I'm sure it'll breathe some new life into the server, and we might be able to garner interest from players who are visiting the TG server for the first time.

Re: In-Game VoIP works?

I've noticed that voip does work starting out on a server that has been restarted. We could experiment using the Admins restarting the server each round.

Like your new Avatar, brokeback! Is that your sidekick?

Comment

That's me, son.

PUT YO HANDS UP!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGunney View Post
        I've noticed that voip does work starting out on a server that has been restarted. We could experiment using the Admins restarting the server each round.

Like your new Avatar, brokeback! Is that your sidekick?
        Even if that does work, that sounds like a ton of work for a feature we've done without for a lonnnng time.
        Skud

Comment

VOIP is way too unpredicatable, it works for some people, some of the time, for a short time. Sadly its really not worth the hassle in the current stage of the game. If there was an easy solution it would have been solved by now. Also, I am 90% sure you wouldn't even get through a single round without it dying regardless of restarting the server each round; I recall when BC2 first came out you'd often get it at the beginning of a game on a fresh server only to have it disappear 10min into the game.

Now...if you really wanted to try something different (which might actually be able to be applied to BF3 depending on how that VOIP works out) why not give mumble a try? the positional VOIP it offers might make things more interesting for BC2.

That said, I'd expect most people just want the status quo for now in BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Specterr View Post
            .....most people just want the status quo.....

Seems to be a recurring theme throughout the community in my opinion!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
              Seems to be a recurring theme throughout the community in my opinion!
              Yeah we all suck :D

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Ven, I didnt say that now did I.

I simply commented on a section of Specterr's post as how I see it. You can harp on me all you want about milsim stuff, though I have played quite a few titles here at TG that attempted (and did a great job I might add) to conform to the primer within the confines of the games engine. It just seems as of late that people do not want to take the extra step of doing things that the Primer talks about because it is either too hard, or the servers wont be packed full of people. Personally, I play at TG for a reason like you do, though others including myself can find other communities and servers that use TS and forms of communication as well.....I play here b/c of the Primer and what it stands for which circles me about back to what I commented in my post that I quoted....

I guess Im taking after the quote in your sig: "Sometimes you have to stand,
                Especially when standing isn't the easiest thing to do."

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

First off I dont care that you like milsim, I will be honest and say I do have an issue with comments you and others in the milsim portion of this community have specifically made over time about those of us in this community that like games that are not milsim( cod specifically). And before you ask, no I do not have links to the posts. Why do you care that we like "twitchy" games?..i surely don't mind that you like milsim? That leads into what I believe your comment was about. People in this community view those games as "less than TG" style of games. So I ask you...
                  jack...what is it we are not doing according to the primer in bc2?
                  I can respect you for standing up for tne primer....but at the same time you have to back that with what exactly we're doing that doesnt adhere to it.

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk
                  "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Restarting the server after every round will destroy the server's population.

Mumble was being worked on for BC2, but I'm not sure what became of it. For each game that we would want to use mumble for, the mumble developers would have to tailor it to that game. Just an FYI.

If we want a discussion on the primer, please create a different thread. This thread is about VOIP possibilities, not how the primer applies to BC2. Or, for that matter, if anyone has an issue with how the game is played here and would like to discuss it with the Admin Team, please visit the CAA forums.
                    Skud

Comment

I tired VoIP out this morning on a pub server and asked if anyone could hear me in squad chat and they all said no.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Now that you mentioned it, I can't remember how to change the Voip key. I know the default is Left Alt, but I'd like to change it. Anyone know?

BTW, great games Friday night!

:icon_frow
                        |RIP| Counter=Ops 12.09.09 : Marine - Squadmate - Friend
                        sigpic

Comment

Mumbles listed BC2 as one of their positional audio supported game on their website here.

Comment

VOIP has worked for a long while from what I researched a while back. Remember I was going to write a teamspeak plugin for voip? Well, turns out that BC2 VOIP works on quite a lot of servers and there was anecdotal evidence at the time that if it worked or not was linked to the quality of the service provider. Thus I gave up on the project thinking that VOIP worked fine :)

Comment

How does positional audio work in bc2? Can you speak to a squadmate while they are dead or across the map? Can the enemy hear you? sry, I have no clue and a quick google did not reveal the info for me.

“Up, sluggard, and waste not life; in the grave will be sleeping enough!” Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X