• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Videos !

PS3 Beta Multiplayer Gameplay Part II, from gametrailers.com

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ps...ield-bad/59322

Comment

Ha, when he pulled out his grenade launcher to shoot the enemy right infront of him, I was thinking "What is he doing?Doesn't he know rockets are useless under 20 meters?"

Aliases I go by:

DeTeR

L1QuiiD

SK37CH

Comment

there are loads of beta gameplay vids on youtube now
        http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...+beta+gameplay

heres one
        at 4:18 you see him shooting a UAV

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr9pr0Sj1Hc[/media]
        Last edited by Exploding_Silver; 11-22-2009, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deterhek View Post
          Ha, when he pulled out his grenade launcher to shoot the enemy right infront of him, I was thinking "What is he doing?Doesn't he know rockets are useless under 20 meters?"
          All I was thinking was (sarcastically) "yay, the return of the noob tube."

Comment

Originally posted by draeh View Post
            All I was thinking was (sarcastically) "yay, the return of the noob tube."
            On shorter ranges, and in somewhat larger open ranges, the 'noob tube' really is a noob tube. But there are somewhat more, tactical uses for it. In BF2, I used to shoot towards the sky, killing guys on the other side of the wall when the grenade came down :)
            However, with destructable walls, this won't be of much use anymore.

There are heaps of gameplay vids of the beta on youtube right now. Some of them show some great aspects of BC2, some show the things that would make one doubt if BC2 still is a great game.
            It's a signature...

Comment

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ffa1dswn4rw&NR=1[/media]

Awesome use of the space to affect sounds... Indoor gunshots have loudness, echos.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

nice talk through and review

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sk7pGneBq8[/media]

Comment

Yeah tanks are hard to take out when you miss them and run right at the cannons with no effort to take cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                    Yeah tanks are hard to take out when you miss them and run right at the cannons with no effort to take cover.
                    If it's moving, don't shoot, unless you're absolutely sure you will hit. When you know there's a tank nearby, stay in cover, but keep moving (in case the driver has got this infantry detection unlock). And never, ever walk straight towards it with the barrel pointed towards you. If 1 guy shooting a tank takes to long, team up with another. Shoot simultaneously at the right spot (rear vents, between the turret and body, ...).
                    Do this, and it should prove easier to take tanks down, I guess.

That vid looked ok. Too bad it doesn't show the tank driving in BC2.
                    It's a signature...

Comment

Originally posted by Schaffie View Post
                      If it's moving, don't shoot, unless you're absolutely sure you will hit. When you know there's a tank nearby, stay in cover, but keep moving (in case the driver has got this infantry detection unlock). And never, ever walk straight towards it with the barrel pointed towards you. If 1 guy shooting a tank takes to long, team up with another. Shoot simultaneously at the right spot (rear vents, between the turret and body, ...).
                      Do this, and it should prove easier to take tanks down, I guess.

That vid looked ok. Too bad it doesn't show the tank driving in BC2.
                      Yeah, I know. I was kind of remarking that the guy was whining about how tough tanks are while he runs right at its gun with an RPG. Some of the vids have shown tank driving, seems that the Russkie tank has a black and white TV camera of a view, and it looks like the MG on top for both tanks is using a remote control system, which should make them tougher. Like I said, I'm getting kind of worried about this tank thing. They still have wallhack unlocks, the MG is more deadly, and now cover is not as good as it was. It is worrisome, to say the least.

I would love it if the infantry detection thing actually detected motion. That, I think, would be a nice balance thing. Because if DICE is going to give us wallhacks and destructible cover....I think AT guys like myself are going to have a hard time.

On the plus side, I get my pistol back! And it's a 1911!

Comment

They still have wallhack unlocks, the MG is more deadly, and now cover is not as good as it was. It is worrisome, to say the least.
                        Though it is quite realistic as far as my knowledge goes. The MG's on tanks .are. powerful, and thus deadly. Cover can be shot through with a tank with ease. As far as the wallhack goes (assuming you mean the infantry detection), I think it it supposed to look like IR- or xray-vision or something like that.

I would love it if the infantry detection thing actually detected motion. That, I think, would be a nice balance thing. Because if DICE is going to give us wallhacks and destructible cover....I think AT guys like myself are going to have a hard time.
                        As far as I can tell, tanks are way overpowered. Even at 1km (if the maps get that big), and someone spots an enemy all the way over there in a building, tanks can kill those people. It's realistic, but in games I think either of 2 following things will happen (unless you're playing TG of course :)):
                        1) Tanks start camping at great distances, being safe (with the exception of the UAV-rocket-thingy), but which won't help your team a lot (the MG will be useless at those distances).
                        2) Tanks move up, randomly firing at every building as soon as they know an enemy is over there, not being wary of anyone hiding even better (by for example staying out of line of sight). Then, 2 rockets in the tanks back are deadly, kaboom, tank gone, asset lost, team screwed for the next few minutes.

I definitely have to look up those vids...
                        It's a signature...

Comment

What I have sen a tank shoot at a wall doesn't kill the people inside the building, unless you stand by the wall. Your cover is gone but you still have time to move to avoid being kill.
                          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                            What I have sen a tank shoot at a wall doesn't kill the people inside the building, unless you stand by the wall. Your cover is gone but you still have time to move to avoid being kill.
                            Could be, but most people tend to stick to the wall :)
                            It's a signature...

Comment

Could be, but most people tend to stick to the wall :)
                              True true;)
                              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Though it is quite realistic as far as my knowledge goes. The MG's on tanks .are. powerful, and thus deadly. Cover can be shot through with a tank with ease. As far as the wallhack goes (assuming you mean the infantry detection), I think it it supposed to look like IR- or xray-vision or something like that.

As far as I can tell, tanks are way overpowered. Even at 1km (if the maps get that big), and someone spots an enemy all the way over there in a building, tanks can kill those people. It's realistic, but in games I think either of 2 following things will happen (unless you're playing TG of course :)):
                                1) Tanks start camping at great distances, being safe (with the exception of the UAV-rocket-thingy), but which won't help your team a lot (the MG will be useless at those distances).
                                2) Tanks move up, randomly firing at every building as soon as they know an enemy is over there, not being wary of anyone hiding even better (by for example staying out of line of sight). Then, 2 rockets in the tanks back are deadly, kaboom, tank gone, asset lost, team screwed for the next few minutes.

I definitely have to look up those vids...
                                X-Ray vision is not realistic. If it works like it did in the video where they showed the 6 unlocks pre order people get, I will not be happy. I'm pissed that the tanks still get a lock on warning before I fire the missile. In real life, modern armor has a sensor to detect sudden heat spikes that a rocket motor produces on launch. There is no way to detect when someone is looking at you through an RPG sight, or an optically guided missile. Even a Javelin uses passive infrared guidance. Tanks should not be able to know when I am aiming at them. They should get a launch warning when I fire, not before. They already have cannons and machine guns, it is way too much to give them wallhacks too. Especially now that a tank can methodically destroy any cover the AT people might be using to fire missiles at him.

Oh well, at least they didn't include the reactive armor that shoots out and destroys incoming missiles before they hit. That would have been awful.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                                X