"signature sound"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "signature sound"

Ok, nearly everyone is familiar with the COD "signature sound" - to me it's the electronic "chirp" of the night vision goggles activating. You hear it at the end of the every COD or MW clip the publishers release.

Of course, the Battlefield has its own sound - which I'm not at all sure how to type here. But you hear it in any official EA BF video. Sound like the whole orchestra... duh duh de de duh duh... or something like that.

Well, just checked out the following BFBC2 video, which was great, but caught the updated BF sound at the end, and I have to say it doesn't measure up to COD's. Same melody, but sounded lighter, almost jazzy to me. Not that jazz is bad, but it doesn't really convey "bad ass game" branding to me.

http://battlefieldbadcompany2.com/#/videos/id/5

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Re: "signature sound"

I for one have always enjoyed the quality of the orchestral arrangements for the music in the Battlefields.

Though, as dog says, it is different. I like the Wake Island theme song Rock version.

Comment

I've always enjoyed them as well.. Can't remember where/how I got it, but I got all the map soundtrack clips for 2142.

Comment

Originally posted by thedogwarrior View Post
        I've always enjoyed them as well.. Can't remember where/how I got it, but I got all the map soundtrack clips for 2142.
        Can you upload them to TG so the clip editors have a new toy to play with? (if they don't already have them of course) :)
        sigpic

Comment

Not sure where I'd upload them to, but if you point to a space, I'll send them. Around a 46MB Zip file of MP3s.

Comment

Insun - Sending you a Zip file via YouSendIt service. There will be a download link in the email you receive.

And here's the link... good for 7 days or 100 downloads, whichever comes first. https://www.yousendit.com/download/T...RStUWURIRGc9PQ
            Last edited by thedogwarrior; 11-17-2009, 05:24 PM. Reason: chickenfoot

Comment

Actually, everyone has the entire songs on their computers. They are in the map folders in the ZIP files.

Comment

And I think you got a link to 'em if you pre-ordered the game way back when.

Comment

Really? I was not around for that. Cool. But again, everyone has them anyway.

Comment

Hmm...Can someone tell me which folder these files are in?
                    Hey everyone I'm trying to learn Greek, if anyone has any pointers please PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Math_Magician View Post
                      Hmm...Can someone tell me which folder these files are in?
                      For me it is:
                      c:/Programs (x86)/Electronic Arts/Battlefield 2142/mods/bf2142/

have a look on the zip-files which are so called "sound...<something>" I dont recall in which the music is but it is in there. Very likely you will need a program to convert them into something your iTunes (or what every you use) can interprete the file. Google will help :)

Something else:
                      I had a problem when I opend that zip file. I had to reinstall the game because the game would no longer accept the zip-files and I had a rather silent battlefield. In fact so silent that all I could hear was VoiP. :D
                      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Re: &quot;signature sound&quot;

Originally posted by big-eye101 View Post
                        Something else:
                        I had a problem when I opend that zip file. I had to reinstall the game because the game would no longer accept the zip-files and I had a rather silent battlefield. In fact so silent that all I could hear was VoiP. :D
                        You shouldn't extract it to begin with ;)

Brings me to something else. Yesterday during Zhohars Basic SL class, someone mentioned something about changing the music to your own. It was also remarked that you can't edit this music, for PB will see it as corrupted files.
                        Just though I would mention it. Not something to start a new thread for.
                        It's a signature...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X