• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod tools

Don't expect them.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/11950412-post12.html

Originally posted by Johan Andersson, Rendering Architect at DICE
    Let me clarify what I meant with "have as an eventual future goal to be able to release tools", this is the same as GvD said and what we we mean is that it isn't likely that we will release mod tools for BC2 as we simply do not have any tools that work in such an environment.

Currently our work with simplifying the tools are for Frostbite 2 and future games, not for BC2.

Sorry to disappoint but think it is important to be clear.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Mod tools

Disappointing to hear, but I like the fact that DICE is trying to be upfront about everything. Looks like they actually learned something from Activision's screw up.

Comment

I understand they want to make it easy for "average joe" to use the mod tools, but what harm would there be to release the advanced version? Probably want to keep their proprietary tools theirs and not open for anyone.

Comment

Yeah they said in 1 of the vids, but there are people out there who don't care if you can only mod whilst sitting on the edge of a cliff using a Nintendo gameboy, wearing a blindfold.. they will do it.

The other side of course is why give out something that makes them produce awesome games so that everyone can do it.. Especially whilst it's this new. Give it time..
        BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

No zombie mod :(
          I hope PM is right.
          Without teamwork, you'll never survive.
          Without betrayal you'll never win.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server