• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does BC2 have squad to squad voip ?

Does BC2 have squad to squad voip ?

I do not mean a voip channel for one 4 man squad

I mean a way for squad to voip between eachother

This is the key question for me now

I suspect the answer is no, in which case the squad play may feel like a 4 player coop in a random server

Re: Does BC2 have squad to squad voip ?

Nothing has been stated about squad to squad communication. If I was a betting man I wouldn't count on it though. (based solely on the opinion 90% of the people currently playing BF2142 rarely use squad level comms so more advanced and developed communication is probably not a priority for DICE)

To the best of my knowledge they haven't even clarified if there will be squad leaders or not, and that would probably be the first step to squad-squad communication being plausible.

On the TG server TS should be able to help in this department if required, though not ideal clearly.

Edit: Out of curiosity, in BF 1943 is there squad leaders? haven't played it myself and can't seem to find that info.

Comment

It would make a lot of sense to have a squad leader channel since there is no commander. Surely it has to have been brought up in think-tanks somewhere along the lines.

Comment

In BF2/2142 a SL could get by without SL-to-SL VOIP as we had a commander. However, if there isn't a Commander in BC2 then I'm with Silver. I really do hope it has been brought up SOMEWHERE along the line. Hopefully in-game.

Comment

I haven't heard of the PS3 beta having this but keep in mind two things:

a. Its not the PC version
          b. I am pessimistic we will get all the features we expect/desire considering past history of console ports but the game is in development and can still be shaped when the PC closed beta drops. Get involved and make your voice heard and things can happen.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

It would also add to the responsibilities of the SL. Which is a good thing since the responsibility of beeing the mobile spawn-point died.

I'd really like to have that :)
            "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Right now it seems there won't be SL either. Nothing in the videos points that there would be. Dyke said that "You're able to give attack orders, so your squad mates know where they are going".
              So it seems TG will have to force SL / get TS SL - SL channels, in order to make most of it. I think removing SL utterly will be bad move, even if you're able to spawn in any squad member. Though 2 of the new gamemodes are yet to be uncovered, we'll have to see what is in them.

Comment

Yeah this is a key flaw in SL-SL comms. There is no SL, so everyone would need to communicate with everyone.. I think we will need to use TS more and more as SL-SL (or Team1 and Team 2) instead of a general channel for that to happen. Having a general channel means no-one bothers with channel 1 or 2.

Also, if player counts are low, we need more servers.. So that's more and more channels in TS, it will get confusing. Needs to be in-game!
                BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I agree... use of TS will be key to maintaining some kind of plan and order in matches. I've found in the few CODMW2 rounds I've managed to get in with fellow TG folks, that us talking with voice activation on TS does counter the complete lack of squads or SL's in that game.

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

I'm not sure if "mumble" is compatible with this series, but it is a useful tool similar to teamspeak but allowing positional audio in game so that squads may speak to each other while in close proximity.

"hey blue guy revive me"

"bad guys inside this building, throw a frag"

Normally it requires some configuration(audio receive range/quality). Project reality has made their own pre-configured version.

The main advantage of mumble over teamspeak is allowing you to keep coms clear when relaying info to people in your immediate area. It also allows full coms to everyone in your channel through a different keybind.

*If the teams are limited to 12 max per side I imagine teamspeak would work fine.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

I would hope that by the time BC2 beta comes out for PC, we (TG) might be using or testing TeamSeak 3 which looks to allow more deeper nesting of channels among other things... Just a thought :)

Mumble support would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I was hoping that we would have it this summer. No such luck. On the other hand.

http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=newsa...ident=20091026

We are pleased to announce OPEN BETA TESTING of the TeamSpeak 3 client and server will commence:

* SATURDAY DEC 19th, 2009
                        * 13:37 CET (Central European Time)
                        * 07:37 EST (Eastern Standard Time)

Both the TeamSpeak 3 Client and Server will be available for download and testing on the following platforms:

* Windows (32bit and 64bit)
                        * Mac OS X (Intel and PPC)
                        * Linux (32bit and 64bit)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse