X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions to the beta players ?

Can the minimap be set to static ?

Is there a health bar on screen ?

Is there a personal body armour bar on screen ?

If you have 1 point of health, and autoregenerate health, how long does it take ?

If you have 1 point of health, and have a healthpack regenerate you, how long does it take ?

If you are down and are revived, how much health do you get back ?

.... more questions to come ...

Re: Questions to the beta players ?

Someone did ask the blog this question after playing some beta:

What happened to the health meter, tank reload meter, gun overheat meter, create meter, team meter? Can't tell who's winning.
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by Exploding_Silver View Post
      Can the minimap be set to static ?
      Not as far as I can tell, but that may be changed on the PC version.

Is there a health bar on screen ?

Is there a personal body armour bar on screen ?
      No to both, nor is there a ticket counter. I have to imagine they'll at least add that, since BF1943 has it. There's no way to tell how many tickets the attacking team has left as far as I can tell.

If you have 1 point of health, and autoregenerate health, how long does it take ?
      It takes quite a long time. Your vision gets very red and blurry, and you need to rest for quite a while before it even comes back into focus. It seems like an eternity.

If you have 1 point of health, and have a healthpack regenerate you, how long does it take ?
      I think you regain health in increments, but it's tough to tell since there's no health bar. I do know that I've thrown a pack at a teammate, and instead of the player slurping it up like in BF2, it sits there and I can see points ticking upward on my screen, "Player healed, +20", over and over. I assume that means it's healing the person in increments.

If you are down and are revived, how much health do you get back
      Not a clue. They really need to implement some sort of a health indicator, at least a rudimentary one.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
        I think you regain health in increments, but it's tough to tell since there's no health bar. I do know that I've thrown a pack at a teammate, and instead of the player slurping it up like in BF2, it sits there and I can see points ticking upward on my screen, "Player healed, +20", over and over. I assume that means it's healing the person in increments.
        Or you just gain points in increments, like you get points in BF2142 for every 50% hp or so healed. ;)

However, the way it sounds right now, DICE has got some work to do.

Question:
        How many revives can you do in a row until you have to recharge?

Ditto, but for throwing medpacks?

Ditto, but for supplying?

Ditto, but for repairing?

Do the guns handle like realistic, or can you just spray a whole clip and only miss half?

Are there any binoculars, or have you got to do with your iron sights/scope?
        It's a signature...

Comment

If a medic is in a vehicle eg tank, and infantry are next to the vehicle, do they get healed ?

If medic is in vehicle eg jeep and someone gets into vehicle too, do they get healed ?

similar for the assault and their resupply, does that work when in a vehicle

Comment

Was the game fun?
            Does the game encourage squad coordination?
            Would it be possible for multiple squadleaders to coordinate?
            In BF2142, there are areas that could make fun infantry combat, but never do. Is the same true for BFC2?
            Without teamwork, you'll never survive.
            Without betrayal you'll never win.

Comment

Squad mechanics questions
              SM = squad member

If there is only one SM alive, is there a verbal warning in game to let them know this ?
              Are you automatically put into a squad ?
              When a person creates a squad, can them name it or is it alpha bravo or is it numbers or is it after squad creators name ?
              Can you see a list of all the squads ?
              Can you see who is in what squad ? and even what class they are / in a vehicle / alive-dead status ?
              Can any SM set orders for attack/defend/move or just squad creator ?
              If one SM sets a order, do the others see it too ?
              Can you see orders for other peoples squad that you are not in ?
              If one SM sets an order and another one set a different order 2 secs latter, does it over-ride the first order ?
              Can a squad member be kicked ? by the squad creator or a kick vote ?
              The a squad be locked to invite selected special people, or is it when its open any can join that is fast enough on the click ?
              Is the squad voip channel push to talk, or open mic ?

Any interesting observations on squad mechanics you would like to add ?
              Last edited by Exploding_Silver; 11-22-2009, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Wow, OK here goes -

Originally posted by Schaffie View Post
                Question:
                How many revives can you do in a row until you have to recharge?
                Doesn't seem there's a limit... you just need to re-charge the paddles between each one.

Ditto, but for throwing medpacks?

Ditto, but for supplying?

Ditto, but for repairing?
                I believe you can throw two meds or ammo sacks before waiting for them to recharge. It might be three.

On repairing, it doesn't seem you can run out of a repair charge. The repair wrench works really quickly (too quickly?) to repair tanks and trucks, and I've never had it crap out on me.

Do the guns handle like realistic, or can you just spray a whole clip and only miss half?
                That's a good question... Since this is on PS3, controlling recoil is a whole lot tougher than on PC. That said, I think it's pretty impossible to get away with holding down the fire button with an assault rifle and expecting to hit with anything but the first shot unless you are at point blank. Also, not using iron sights makes it virtually impossible to hit someone at more than around 10m away. The guns feel solid, and the sounds seem dead on.

Are there any binoculars, or have you got to do with your iron sights/scope?
                There's a control setting in the options for binoculars, but I have yet to figure out how to use them. Maybe they're not in the beta. They would be useful due to the size of the map.

If a medic is in a vehicle eg tank, and infantry are next to the vehicle, do they get healed ?

If medic is in vehicle eg jeep and someone gets into vehicle too, do they get healed ?

similar for the assault and their resupply, does that work when in a vehicle
                Unless there's no indicator that it's happening, it appears that they've scrapped healing and repair aura. I have spent a lot of time in tanks as a medic, and I have never seen any indication that this is happening.

Was the game fun?
                Yes, the game is a lot of fun and I'm greatly enjoying the beta. That's a subjective question, though.

Does the game encourage squad coordination?
                Would it be possible for multiple squadleaders to coordinate?
                The game handles squads similar to BF2 - you join a squad (max 4 members), and you have direct voice comms with everyone in your squad. Furthermore, instead of having a squad leader, players can spawn on ANY living squad member, making for a much more fluid combat environment. This makes it fun and easy to get back to the front lines, but it also provides what I see as an unfair advantage to the attacking team in this "Rush" game mode (which is similar to AAS).

In terms of coordination, well... there is none. There's no appointed commander, and no way for squads to communicate to other squads. I really hope this will be addressed in the final version, and it's something I'm going to bring up in the closed feedback forums.

In BF2142, there are areas that could make fun infantry combat, but never do. Is the same true for BFC2?
                Not sure what you mean, since I've never played 2142. There are areas on the map in the beta that are very well suited to infantry combat. The map is a bit reminiscent of Road to Jalalabad, with a long road winding through an urban area with lots of houses. You can enter most (all?) buildings and access their roofs, so the infantry combat has been fun.

If there is only one SM alive, is there a verbal warning in game to let them know this ?
                Nope, not as far as I can tell.

Are you automatically put into a squad ?
                You can be. There's an option on the loading screen that says press X to be placed into a squad, or press circle to join the game without a squad. There's a squad menu in the pause menu which you can use to find a squad once you join, although it's an automated process and you can't view the squads.

When a person creates a squad, can them name it or is it alpha bravo or is it numbers or is it after squad creators name ?
                Can you see a list of all the squads ?
                Can you see who is in what squad ? and even what class they are / in a vehicle / alive-dead status ?
                To answer all of these questions, I don't think there's a way to see who's in what squad. If there is, it's buried somewhere, but even when you try to join a squad from in-game, it doesn't let you choose which one. Again, something I hope will be different in the PC version.

Can any SM set orders for attack/defend/move or just squad creator ?
                If one SM sets a order, do the others see it too ?
                Can you see orders for other peoples squad that you are not in ?
                If one SM sets an order and another one set a different order 2 secs latter, does it over-ride the first order ?
                I haven't figured out how to set orders, but I have received orders from other squad members, so yes you can see orders set from others in your squad. They seem to be limited to choosing which objective to attack or defend, though. I'm not sure what happens when two try to set orders within a couple of seconds.

Can a squad member be kicked ? by the squad creator or a kick vote ?
                The a squad be locked to invite selected special people, or is it when its open any can join that is fast enough on the click ?
                This is the most annoying part, there's no way to kick someone. There was some idiot in a squad with Projax and I on Friday night with an open mic who was mouthbreathing the entire time, and all we could hear was feedback from his sounds. No way to kick him from our squad, or even mute him.

Squads can't be locked. If you have 4 friends, you can use the friends system to squad up together fairly easily, though. This may change on PC, since consoles always tend to the automation side of things.

Any interesting observations on squad mechanics you would like to add ?
                I had another guy yesterday in my squad who kept badgering me on voice chat because I was sniping. "Stupid $#@#ing sniper, stop camping and help the team," he kept saying. I was on a rooftop shooting into the objective with impunity, and thwarted several flanking efforts by the opposing team. I had to leave the squad, and when I tried to join another, it kept placing me back in his squad. I had to lone wolf it for 5 minutes and try again before I could find a new squad.

There really is nothing to the squad mechanics in this game. It seems to be a step backward from BF2, in all honesty. I think the biggest frustration in this community will be the spawning aspect, which makes it incredibly difficult to stop a rush.

Comment

....I think the biggest frustration in this community will be the spawning aspect, which makes it incredibly difficult to stop a rush.
                  I can see that

and thanks for answering the questions

Comment

I think without a constant, accurate visual of how good or bad your team is doing (ticket count), you'll be forced to make decisions based on the current situation you're in rather than the situation you could be in. In other words, if you attack again, you don't know if you'll place your team in a ticket deficit or not. Which, to me, means more focus on the objective at hand. That's a good thing :).

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

Wow, Evo, that's a lot information.
                      After this, it sounds like squad mechanics on the console downright are rubbish compared to the ones we've seen in BF2 and BF2142.

New questions:
                      Are there any limits on the UAV (such as max of x minutes)?
                      Are there any rewards for using the UAV?
                      Are there any punishments for abusing/losing the UAV?

Is there some time before the match starts to get your squad co-ordinated, or is this server related?

Is it possible for someone to give a good summary of what you get points for, and how the points system works? (One specific thing: Do you get points for a certain kit by playing that kit, or is it universal and are your points shared between all of the unlock trees?)
                      It's a signature...

Comment

In terms of coordination, well... there is none. There's no appointed commander, and no way for squads to communicate to other squads. I really hope this will be addressed in the final version, and it's something I'm going to bring up in the closed feedback forums.

There's a squad menu in the pause menu which you can use to find a squad once you join, although it's an automated process and you can't view the squads.

I don't think there's a way to see who's in what squad. If there is, it's buried somewhere, but even when you try to join a squad from in-game, it doesn't let you choose which one.

I haven't figured out how to set orders, but I have received orders from other squad members, so yes you can see orders set from others in your squad. They seem to be limited to choosing which objective to attack or defend, though. I'm not sure what happens when two try to set orders within a couple of seconds.

This is the most annoying part, there's no way to kick someone. There was some idiot in a squad with Projax and I on Friday night with an open mic who was mouthbreathing the entire time, and all we could hear was feedback from his sounds. No way to kick him from our squad, or even mute him.

Squads can't be locked.

I had to leave the squad, and when I tried to join another, it kept placing me back in his squad. I had to lone wolf it for 5 minutes and try again before I could find a new squad.

There really is nothing to the squad mechanics in this game. It seems to be a step backward from BF2, in all honesty.

All this does not bode well for the type of play we're used to around here, nor the type of play in most of the previous BF titles. Lets hope there will be a lot of polishing to the final product.

Comment

Originally posted by Schaffie View Post
                          New questions:
                          Are there any limits on the UAV (such as max of x minutes)?
                          Are there any rewards for using the UAV?
                          Are there any punishments for abusing/losing the UAV?
                          I don't think there's a time limit. I've only tried my hand at flying the UAV (a little remote controlled helo) a few times. I believe there are some pins for getting a certain number of kills with the UAV. It can be pretty deadly if the operator keeps it back and uses it to pick off tanks and jeeps. The only punishment for losing it is that you need to wait a while for the vehicle to respawn.

Is there some time before the match starts to get your squad co-ordinated, or is this server related?
                          Not in this beta.

Is it possible for someone to give a good summary of what you get points for, and how the points system works? (One specific thing: Do you get points for a certain kit by playing that kit, or is it universal and are your points shared between all of the unlock trees?)
                          You're awarded points for virtually everything, and it tells you on-screen what you're getting. Some instances I can think of off-hand:

- 100 points for destroying an enemy vehicle, plus the points you get on kills.
                          - 50 points for killing an enemy, with a 30 pt bonus for landing a headshot.
                          - 40 points for a "squad critical assist", which means you bring an enemy to critical damage, and your squadmate finishes him off.
                          - 30 points for a critical assist.
                          - 20 points for a regular assist. (I think?)
                          - 10 point increments for resupplying, healing, and repairing.
                          - I also believe you get points for getting revenge against a "nemesis" player; someone who's killed you several consecutive times.

Anything you do that benefits the squad, or that the squad takes part in, like kill assists, gives you bonus points.

On your specific question, you earn points toward the kit you're playing. Those points go toward a linear progression of unlocks. There are some overall unlocks that you gain for overall points and level, such as opening new pistols and shotguns. Each class is highly customizable, and you can use a shotgun as a primary weapon (once its unlocked) with any of them, and you can select which pistol, perks, etc... you want before you spawn in at any time during the match. If you want to unlock a specific gun in a specific class, you'll have to play as that class to grind the points out.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                            All this does not bode well for the type of play we're used to around here, nor the type of play in most of the previous BF titles. Lets hope there will be a lot of polishing to the final product.
                            Bear in mind two things:
                            1. It's a beta
                            2. It's not a PC beta

I have hopes that the PC version will have more to it than what is being seen in the PS3 beta.

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

There's a lot of feedback coming into the official EA beta forum. I suggest you take a look, but I'll warn that there is a lot of irrational complaining going on there.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ny-2-ps3-beta/

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X