• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Features (and beta news)

From this blog: http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...lling-not.aspx

PC Beta starts early 2010 aparently!

PC Enhanced Features
    Up to 32 Players on PC (24 on consoles) - Play with up to 32 players online in the biggest multiplayer Maps in Battlefield. Each with a different tactical and gameplay focus set across a variety of environments.
    Full DirectX 9, 10 & 11 Support - Immerse yourself in the Battlefield world as Frostbite engine brings tanks, planes, and explosions to vivid life on your PC. The game will fully support Windows XP, Vista, and 7 with new tech that further improves things like lighting and shadows.
    Enhanced Gameplay - The PC version also includes wide peripheral support like Joysticks for flying, NVDIA 3D Vision, Logitech LCD Keyboards and VoIP Support plus a variety of specific features tailored for PC play.
    Friend Support - Find your friends online with the new buddy list to see if and who is online so you can quickly join their game.
    Dedicated Ranked Server - Everyone gets non-stop action with no connection penalties based on some other player's internet. Ranked Server Provider program will give players opportunity to rent their own server(s) located in professional grade datacenters, ability to modify settings like map rotation, create reserved slots for friends or clan members, kick & Ban players, and custom name your ranked server.
    Clan Support & Private Servers - Independent Clan Tag, and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers.
    PC Squad Play System - Updated from previous Battlefield PC titles now gives control of your squad before heading into combat.
    Very excited to see the "PC Squad Play System" listed here!

Re: PC Features (and beta news)

Very Cool!

Comment

Wow I was not in any way expecting them to rise the player count. Maybe I've doubted Dice too much... Oh well won't do the same mistake again! Brilliant!

Oh and don't miss this:
      With the huge success of the PS3 Beta we decided to drastically increase the PC Beta's capacity to insure as many people as possible could participate. Unfortunately this meant we had to delay the Beta to very early next year giving us more planning time to make it happen and implement more optimizations.

Comment

Sweet. I figured 32 players was coming but its good to get confirmation on a few other things. In particular:

- "Private Servers - and ability to rent servers for hosting and controlling private password protected competitive servers with expanded control over the settings from public ranked servers."
        - a different squad system on PC - not sure what more control means but updated from past BFs to me implies we should not be taking a step backwards
        - they specifically mention voip in the enhanced gameplay section - consoles have voip - squad to squad talk = enhanced?
        - DX11
        - not a fully closed beta!
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

This is very good news! The odds of this being a winner for us suddenly went way up!

Comment

Oh! I'm such a happy boy right know:D
            Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I heard this on the radio today: I feel like there's chocolate rain pouring down :)
              Too bad the beta is delayed though.
              It's a signature...

Comment

This is great news!

Comment

Delayed Beta beats shabby game IMO.

Aliases I go by:

DeTeR

L1QuiiD

SK37CH

Comment

Originally posted by Deterhek View Post
                    Delayed Beta beats shabby game IMO.
                    Very true, but I was hoping to play the beta within couple of week :(
                    It's a signature...

Comment

32 players = great news

Comment

I can't express how much I love this news! :D

yay!
                        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yay for peripheral support! Too many games miss that out (I'm angry at you, OFP2).

Also yay for 32 players and the squad system!
                          |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                          Irregular since 2007.

Comment

me likey, me want to preorder
                            sigpic
                            <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

It's gonna be great. I think it's a game that we can really embrace.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X