Possible PC beta start date

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible PC beta start date

Gamestop has posted on their product page that the PC beta begins January 28th, 2010 and ends February 25, 2010. From what I remember they also leaked the PS3 beta start date.

If true the question then becomes how do you go from beta to retail in a week and still release a demo as well.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Possible PC beta start date

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
    If true the question then becomes how do you go from beta to retail in a week and still release a demo as well.
    You either work very hard or you fail. Is it sure they'll release a PC demo?

About the date given, that's far off into January =O
    It's a signature...

Comment

Well if they base all their tweeks on the PS3 beta, we're screwed. Playstation games have always had rubbish multiplayer platform, and gamers aren't really multiplayer/team type of players, so that part of the game is what the PC feedback is going to have to be about.

Roll on the 1st patch! :)
      BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

PC beta begins January 28th, 2010 and ends February 25, 2010
        a strong indication of beta dates = good

also a indication, at least to me, of possible slippage on PC release date
        Last edited by Exploding_Silver; 12-23-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Either that or the beta is going to be a demo. Sounds like it will closely coincide with the PS3 demo.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

It would not surprise me too much to see the PC Beta run that late. For the most part, any tweaks that they needed to do console side, could have been figured out on the PS3 beta. What they really are going to be testing with the PC beta is the server side software. Making sure it can handle the load and such. Changes to the server software could be made as late as the night before, and hot patched onto all of the BFBC servers without any issue to the general public.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
            ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Latest Tweet, says details are coming soon.

# #BFBC2_PC info will come, but not until it's ready! So don't worry when things are quiet, especially over a major holiday. :-D about 13 hours ago from TweetDeck
              http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                Either that or the beta is going to be a demo. Sounds like it will closely coincide with the PS3 demo.
                This... beta is to drive sales, not to get feedback ;)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  This... beta is to drive sales, not to get feedback ;)
                  Welllll, not necessarily. The PC beta, you're probably right, but I was admitted to the closed beta forum at combattesting.com and DICE was indeed checking reports and they've acknowledged they've made several changes based on the PS3 feedback.

Although, there were several hundred thousand players admitted to the PS3 beta, so I'm sure part of the plan was to drive sales. :) I know they've made a buyer out of me.
                  "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

I would guess PC release would be based off PS3 beta, ongoing balancing and maybe early PC beta results while the majority of stuff from the PC beta will find itself in patch 1.1 or 1.01.

Comment

play.com is now mirroring the date for the PC beta first posted by GameStop:

Pre-Order from Play.com and receive a code to access the PC BETA before anyone else! The BETA is due to start on the 28th January 2010 (subject to change). Codes and instructions on how to access the BETA early will be emailed two days prior (currently 26th January) to the start of the BETA. Please note, pre-orders already taken will automatically receive a code.
                      This just in, the EA Store now joins the party:

Pre-order Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 for the PC
                      and get guaranteed access to the PC BETA starting January 28th, 2010!**

Comment

My preorder is in ! Please be aware gamestop says you must preorder ONLINE to get access to the beta !
                        sigpic
                        *New to TG Start Here !*BF4 Server Rules !*Battlefield 4 at TacticalGamer !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X