This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush Mode Rules

As with all games here at TG, we hold ourselves to a higher set of standards and wish to create the most tactically enjoyable game while striving for that ever elusive:"near-simulation environment"

I greatly appreciate the TG principles but as we all know, some rules must be clarified and expanded upon to make sure that we are all on the same page.

I would like to throw a question out to this forum here to ask specifically for the rush mode on the map Arica Harbor that was so heavily played in the PS3 beta: what rules will be implemented in this game?

Remember: it is ultimately up to the administrators to finalize and implement ANY rules.
    But while there are none, let's have some serious thoughtful discussions!

Some are obvious, others are more tricky.

Even more specifically: how should a defender act once he is "magically" behind enemy lines after the final explosive blows up. and he has no easy access to get back behind friendly territory.

From all the videos I have watched, the map opens to an ever expanding surrounding map, after every successful charge is planted on the two objectives.

Should we strictly prohibit this player from firing his weapon and just become somebody else's kill score?
    It certainly does not hurt the defender's number of respawns as that is infinite.

I wouldn't mind taking a few shots myself at a few of the attackers while I'm in their midst but it's this quickly shifting "UCB" that makes me wonder. There is this moment of transition when the defenders "should" fall back and when the attackers start using a new UCB. This transition period is very messy as with all battles for territory.
    Would it be similar to bf2142, you fire back as soon as your being fired upon? Would people rather the rule that he/she not fire at all?

If you would like to add your two cents on any other rules please delineate and expand on the theory behind your rules. Base them on TG principles!
    Last edited by TheSc1entist; 01-01-2010, 02:19 AM.

Re: Rush Mode Rules

It is kind of hard to make rules for a game that isn't out yet...

Comment

There are not even glimmers of rules being formed(except in thought) right now. As a team, the Admins do not want to get into it until we get a look at at least the beta/demo for PC as there are likely to be some big changes between the PS3 and the PC platforms. It's way to early right now. Rest assured, that when the time comes rules will be discussed in depth. There will also be a CaA forum eventually for you to submit ideas. Right now we really don't want to get into it. Especially in a public forum.

I know you meant well, but it really is too early to be talking about rules.

Comment

EDIT
        Never mind, Oniell posted a clear sign that this should be posted right before I posted.
        It's a signature...

Comment

Dont go around making up Fantasy rules for things not even out.

> Wait for Game

> Play it Vanilla for a while

> Gain Experience and Data in real play environment

> THEN go on about making custom rules about things that disturb the gameflow/modifications that evolved out of wet dreams
          Last edited by Lyramion; 01-01-2010, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I giggled.

Comment

I guess I'm just itching to play this game!!! ARGH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando. View Post
                I giggled.
                You? Giggle? That's scary...... :row__593:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse