Tracer Dart?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tracer Dart?

I was recently re-watching all the BC2 videos and i wondered something while watching them. The tracer dart... I mean i understand that it attaches itself to a vehicle making it easier to hit with a rocket, but what if you don't want to hit the vehicle that has the tracer dart on it? Is there an option when firing a rocket to use some sort of tracer dart lock on?

Maybe anyone who has played the PS3 beta could provide further input.

Cheers.
    2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
    BC2: |TG| Wesb2
    BF3: Wesb23

Re: Tracer Dart?

Well I think you have to be zoomed in on the target for a short amount of time for the rocket to track the dart, you can't just completely fire and forget.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

What Reap said.

I don't think I remember using the tracer dart in any beneficial way at all in BFBC1. All we did with it is shoot friendlies with them...To turn them into Christmas trees. :)

Comment

Id think it'd be awesome if I could do what the video does where he shoots away from the bradley just to have it swing back arond
        That was cool
        But yeh itd be overkill I admit
        sigpic
        <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

When you aim with the RPG at a vehicle tagged with a dart, a little white box appears over the target and starts flashing when you have a lock. It only takes around a second to lock on to it, and if you want to fire at a building or something else nearby, your rocket won't veer off or anything (unless you center your reticule over the tagged vehicle before or during your shot). You can use it to hit vehicles on the other side of hills or buildings to an extent, but it can't make 90 degree turns or anything like that. It needs some room to maneuver.

I thought they were useful but never actually equipped them because I used my 1911 a lot.
          "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
          He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

do you have to create a perfect line of sight (no obstructions from buildings/people/random textures) with the dart first or once the dart is attached, it would be seen through anything.

Comment

Originally posted by DocGuo View Post
              do you have to create a perfect line of sight (no obstructions from buildings/people/random textures) with the dart first or once the dart is attached, it would be seen through anything.
              You can see the little square through anything once the dart is attached. It can still be hard to tell exactly where the vehicle is though. (Is it behind that building, or on the other side of the hill behind that building?)

Comment

oooO!!!!!! awesome...now i can track that piece of armor so much more easily without having other people spot it constantly...

Comment

Are you the only one who can see that dart? Or can anyone on your team see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                    When you aim with the RPG at a vehicle tagged with a dart, a little white box appears over the target and starts flashing when you have a lock. It only takes around a second to lock on to it, and if you want to fire at a building or something else nearby, your rocket won't veer off or anything (unless you center your reticule over the tagged vehicle before or during your shot). You can use it to hit vehicles on the other side of hills or buildings to an extent, but it can't make 90 degree turns or anything like that. It needs some room to maneuver.
                    Ah i see, that makes sense. Thanks :P
                    2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
                    BC2: |TG| Wesb2
                    BF3: Wesb23

Comment

Originally posted by Smachin007 View Post
                      Are you the only one who can see that dart? Or can anyone on your team see it?
                      Anyone on the team can see it.

Comment

well this unlock is easy as it is given away by the limited edition! it's a pistol so i assume you could tag multiple vehicles???

Comment

I saw a youtube video of a guy halfway across the map firing at 45 degree angles into the sky and have the rockets hit the tank. Is this possible without glitching? At a shorter distance?
                          lTG-Irrl Argetnar
                          If you hear the chatter of my Vossaraptor you're already dead.
                          "Squad attack Tollhouse!" Experiment626
                          "Cookies?" Argetnar
                          "Yes bring your cookies too!" Experiment626
                          sigpic

Comment

I would have to see the video in question.

Comment

Yes, you can fire in just about every direction and it will home in on the tracer - even if it's attached to a soldier! lol!

watch!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X