Digital download or physical copy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital download or physical copy?

Hey guys I'm facing a little dilemma. I can buy BC2 through the US EA store and get into the beta but it's a digital download... Call me old fashioned but I still prefer a physical copy. Or I can pre-order the game from the Canada EB games store and have it shipped within a couple days which I would prefer, but no beta with this option....

Any suggestions? This is driving me nuts...

Thanks in advance :)

Wes
    2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
    BC2: |TG| Wesb2
    BF3: Wesb23

Re: Digital download or physical copy?

If you just have to partake in the Beta, then Digital Download is your only choice. If you just want to play the game and don't really care about the Beta, then just go with the physical disk.

Personally, I am all about having the disk, and plan on getting it. While digital download is becoming more popular, I just prefer to have the disk should I need to reinstall my computer, or should a drive decide to die on me.

While I would love to get in on the Beta, the disk is more important to me, so my preordering will be based around that.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
    ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Originally posted by YdoUwant2know View Post
      Personally, I am all about having the disk, and plan on getting it. While digital download is becoming more popular, I just prefer to have the disk should I need to reinstall my computer, or should a drive decide to die on me.
      Well if you order off steam you can just copy and paste the games files onto an external, even zip them if you so please and then it will be just as fast if not faster to reinstall after an OS reinstall or if you lose a disk. Plus there is not disk for you to lose :).

Oh and I'm sure if you are quick and follow the official forums you'll be able to grab a key from FP or somewhere else. So even if you do pre-order you will probably still end being able to play the beta.

Comment

I'd really like to buy/get the game over steam. But I haven't seen a preorder/buy option for it yet (haven't really been lookin for it I admit :D) ...
        "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Steam will be my number 1 choice if they offer it. If they don't carry it I will most likely buy a hardcopy.

Comment

Ive always have bought a hard copy but I just started losing all my CD-Keys.....So yeah I might go for steam this time.

Comment

Originally posted by big-eye101 View Post
              I'd really like to buy/get the game over steam. But I haven't seen a preorder/buy option for it yet (haven't really been lookin for it I admit :D) ...
              Dice is working on it with Valve, in worst case they will bring it in very late (I don't want to say not at all because they've said they would get the beta working with steam). I'm sure it will be posted clearly in either many of the old threads, or in own thread then :)

Comment

Physical disk for me. I have a download cap (60GB per month), and with other people sharing the house where I am renting a room during the university year, I'd rather not go over the limit :)

Comment

Based on past frustrations with EA's download manager and whatnot, I'm opting for a disc this time around. I pre-ordered from Best Buy last night, but if it comes up on steam I'll buy it there for sure!

Also, how sure are we that you need to get the digital version to get the beta invite?

Comment

Originally posted by Mixa View Post
                    Dice is working on it with Valve, ...
                    That's what I heard too! I hope they work it out sooner then later haha :D
                    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm more comfortable buying off steam as I have done it many times, i just hope that they release the pre-order in time for the beta.

Comment

For some strange reason the Swedish Ea-store aren't providing any beta-keys.. Which I discovered after confirming my order:@

Instead Im ordering from Game.se, beta-key and physical disc..:D

Now I need to contact the lovely Ea costumer-support and get them to cancel my order, Hopefully I get an answer in July:/
                        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Physical hard-copy for me too, I like to talk to my disks and give them hugs and stuff :), I cannot do that if it's digital. :(

Comment

Well, I've decided that if BC2 with beta doesn't come to steam this week I'll just suck it up and buy it from the EA store...The only reason i want to be in the beta is because I start college in feb and I wanna play before I have little or no free time.

Comment

I'm getting what ever is cheapest... which is most likely best buy since I have gift cards there.
                              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X