GD subforum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GD subforum?

Any reason why BC2 General Discussion was broken into a subforum? Now I have an extra click if I want to get to the forum.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: GD subforum?

It was broken to different forum sections to get up the other sections that TG prepares for big games (such as this), admin reporting sub-forum etc. (and looks like Oniell has done good work with them so far)

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
      Any reason why BC2 General Discussion was broken into a subforum? Now I have an extra click if I want to get to the forum.
      We considered the forum organisation to be better suited when we follow the organisaiton from the other BF-titles here at TG.

Especially once the game is released we will (hopefully) see quite some activity and want to keep the place tidy and also make information easier to find and accessable. By creating the subforums we (hope to) achieve that. Each subforum has its own "overall" 'topic' and depending on what you want to read / post / talk about - you visit the appropriate forum.
      "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

Simple solution. Bookmark the General forum. I have to update mine anyway. I did move all the threads over though.

Comment

So now that everything is divided, what are the chances of them adding BFC2 to the drop down menu at the top for quicker navigation?

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
          ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Originally posted by big-eye101 View Post
            We considered the forum organisation to be better suited when we follow the organisaiton from the other BF-titles here at TG.

Especially once the game is released we will (hopefully) see quite some activity and want to keep the place tidy and also make information easier to find and accessable. By creating the subforums we (hope to) achieve that. Each subforum has its own "overall" 'topic' and depending on what you want to read / post / talk about - you visit the appropriate forum.

Well, the reason I ask is that there's a good reason that the BF2 forum is subdivided -- because in addition to vanilla, there are several very popular mods that deserve their own subforums. In this case, wouldn't it have made more sense to keep the GD under the main BC2 area (where you can still post topics, I might add) instead of breaking it off into its own subforum?

Sorry if I came across as nitpicking, I thought it might have been done on accident. To me, it doesn't make sense to require an extra click to get to the general discussion forum for a game unless there are mods or whatnot that are more popular.

Simple solution. Bookmark the General forum. I have to update mine anyway. I did move all the threads over though.
            I could do that. I always land on the main page at TG when I visit so I don't miss any news posts though, and I usually read several of the forums from the top menu.

Comment

I like the extra organization.
              Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

compare 2142: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlefield-2142/

;)

Originally posted by YdoUwant2know View Post
                So now that everything is divided, what are the chances of them adding BFC2 to the drop down menu at the top for quicker navigation?
                Thats something I'd like to see as well :)
                "Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Comment

I dropped a note to Asch on IM.

Comment

Here's a suggestion: Subscribe to the forums you like most, and then bookmark your UserCP... use your UserCP as your portal to TG - it shows any active threads you're involved in and also has a clickable-list of subscribed forums

Comment

Never thought to do that, thanks Whiskey. The structure here and in the 2142 are still seems illogical to me, but now I have some different options.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                        Here's a suggestion: Subscribe to the forums you like most, and then bookmark your UserCP... use your UserCP as your portal to TG - it shows any active threads you're involved in and also has a clickable-list of subscribed forums
                        I thought everyone did this. I always visit my User CP, see which threads I've subscribed to have responses, and then if I have time I browse the forums I'm interested in (2142 and BF:BC2 mainly, and Sandbox and General Discussion if I have loads of time to kill)...

...Just in case anyone cared.
                        Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          I've done this for a long time. It's the easiest way to browse all my forums. You can get subscribed thread notifications, subscribed forum lists, visitor messages, Private messages.....and so on. All in ONE PLACE!

Comment

It's almost as though all your info is collated in one spot.

Like some kind of command post.

Comment

Note that we've reverted to the "stickied forum" format, where subforums are accessible directly at the top of the general forum. It may not be what you're used to, but the benefits should outweigh any adjustment discomfort :P

The main benefit of this format is the increased visibility of the subforums: it will be more obvious when new posts are made AND it will encourage people to post/search in those forums first.

The potential downside to this format is that the General Discussion posts have the potential of being pushed off the bottom of the page. To address this, we've consolidated forums and sticky-threads - and will be trying hard to keep the number of stickied threads down to a bare minimum.

:)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X