Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real "First Impressions" Topic

Just played a while.

There is a whole of a lot of action going on. Rly a nice "war" feel. Takes a bit to get used to the sudden holes popping up next to your in the wall that you just called "the best cover ever". The area really seems to be worn out after a while and sadly even some spawnpoints seem to get stripped nude.

As a little critic the light blue HUD symbols of yuor teammates are terribly hard to see on the minimap while playing around in all that snow. Light blue flatlines of teammates on blinding while snow background donīt exacly highten the revive chances :)

Atm in the beta the medic seems to have the PKM. As a positive change from earlier BF games I can note that the reload of such a weapon now correctly takes awefully long.

All in all it was a nice first impression !

Re: The real "First Impressions" Topic

How long are rounds lasting?

Is there any inter-squad communication?

Comment

Anyone able to comment on:

Frequent disconnects from servers?
      Bad/Low performance on high end computers?
      Sluggish PC controls/feels like a console port?
      Bugs/Glitches?

How is the friends interface working?
      What's your opinion on the server browser?
      Improvements by release date?

Comment

hahaha! As a BF Veteran you get a M1 Garand! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          How long are rounds lasting?

Is there any inter-squad communication?
          - 10-25 minutes depending on how good/bad the attackers are?

- There isn't a squad to squad button but my voip isn't working yet so I'm not 100% sure.
          |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

No first impressions as of yet but I cannot wait to see the m16 zoom in action. It looks insane in videos (-:
            "veritas vos liberabit"

Comment

Well I can certainly say that I have had major issues with frequent disconnects. It's getting quite annoying. Maybe 4-5 minutes in game and then I get disconnected and have to wait forever for it to "update my stats." Ug.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                Anyone able to comment on:

Frequent disconnects from servers?
                Bad/Low performance on high end computers?
                Sluggish PC controls/feels like a console port?
                Bugs/Glitches?

How is the friends interface working?
                What's your opinion on the server browser?
                Improvements by release date?
                From a DICE guy on twitter: http://twitter.com/repi/status/8339382581
                The #BFBC2 PC beta central login servers are wonky right now, might experience problems/crashes listing servers. Team is working on it
                I am running on 1280x800 medium/high settings and it performs ok (50-70% cpu load) on my Win XP - Core 2 Duo [email protected], 3gb ram, ATI 4890
                Did not measure FPS.

You can send friend invites and they show up but the second you accept them they seem to just disappear into thin air.

Ingame VOIP seems to work only in your squad and if you have rebound the VOIP key from LeftAlt to some other "normal" key.

The game itself is pretty fun. You can feel it's a BF game. IMO the HDR/bloom effects are overdone. Everything is white :)
                former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

The Beta has stopped working for me, The server browser crashes the game and "play now" works sometimes, but when I get into a server the rubberbanding makes it unplayable.
                  sigpic

Comment

-No Commo Rose
                    -No Prone
                    -Still not able strafe while running
                    -Cannot sort server browser (obvious bug hopefully)

Can't seem to figure out how to select semi-auto/auto, only seems to have one fire setting. Textures are decent looking, but the geometry textures are terrible. Also, I'm not a fan of this Rush game play mode, give me Conquest.

Beta is overloaded at the moment, so CTD upon loading the server browser is a known issue right now.

Comment

Well the Beta is a bit wonky :)

I played alot of Bad Company on the ps3 so i feel right at home. And by right at home I mean I have no idea what is going on around me :)

I like it so far, you still use the "Q" button from earlier BF games to spot enemies.
                      Voip "works"
                      There is a manage squad tab where you can join/create/leave squads just like BF2 or BF2142.

As for stability there is none, just to expect from a beta, random connection drops, rubber banding and the game has started crashing in the server browser (probably because there are som many ppl refreshing at once)

As was mentioned before you can send friends requests but there is no way to accept them, if you do they disappear.

another thing i noticed is that I am no able to rund the game on the high setting eventhough I have better specs than the recommended, runs fine on medium though. Maybe they have some optimizing left to do.

another big plus is that I was able to register my nick correctly :)

So all in all a promising start!
                      "Nemo Saltat Sobrius, Nisi Forte Insanit"

Comment

Commo rose and no crouch are certainly game breakers. I was constantly trying to Q-Medic/Q-Ammo to no avail. :( But overall I had fun.

Gameplay's a bit slower than what I'm used to with 2142. Sound is impressive. I enjoyed Rush too.
                        - -

BF2142 IGN: |TG-21| Rivengard
                        Atlantica Online IGN: Rivengard (Lvl 70, Gunner Class)

Comment

My Specs: 720BE 3 core @ 3.2 / 285GTX / 8gig ram / Win7pro

Very supprised the 3 core didn't effect FPS to bad
                          Max sttings w/ 8AA and 16AF @ 1920x1200
                          Getting 40 to 50s fps with a couple dips to high 20s

Network needs work...frequent rubber banding, VOIP no work on the servers I've been on.

Graphics are fantastic w/ great view distance. Effects and sounds are great. RPG is very underpowered against soft targets. The level of vegitation is spot on and viewable from long distances so snipers can hide very well.

Basically its everything the first BC could have been if they had of put it on PC in the first place.

Comment

Specs: Core i7 920 @ 2.8 / ATI 4870 1GB / 6 GB RAM / Vista 64bit

I barely got to play. But when I did there was lag. I still have yet to create the perfect Nostromo profile, but that is a WIP especially as by G7 dies and I replace it with a G500.

I miss the commo rose and the server I was on didn't have VoIP. Missing prone affected me more than I thought it would.

It's a beautiful game and the destructive environments really makes good cover a must.

Comment

OK. First Impressions, I can't even join a game:P Either the game crash back to windows or I lose connection to the server and it ask me to check my network connection..

Kill me:/
                              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X