Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Current way to use xfire ingame( few bugs)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current way to use xfire ingame( few bugs)

This is common knowledge , but i do not know anyone that has done it yet for the beta. go to program files/xfire/xfire_games.ini.
    Go to the very bottom and paste this.
    This is for the dvd one. The launchdirkey really does not do much, so it would not make a difference without it, so it should work for steam.

Once you enter the code i have below, restart xfire then do the thing i posted on how to make it recognize and do the overlay.
    YOU MUST GO TO the settings tab in xfire, games, then go to not installed, look for Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta, and hit manual detect, browse, and find the folder when the exe is.
    Code:
    [9999]
    LongName=Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta
    ShortName=bfbc2
    LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Battlefield Bad Company 2 - BETA\InstallPath
    LauncherExe=BFBC2GAME.exe
    InGameRenderer=D3D9
    InGameFlags=DISABLE_RELEASE|BLOCK_ASYNC|ENABLE_MOUSE|USE_DINPUT_MOUSE|USE_PRESENT|USE_SWAPCHAIN
    Note, the bugs are, for some reason, it does not say your on thegame in xfire, it does for your own status, but not for it in the friends list.
    Also, no icons atm because xfire places them in a .dll file, and its not open source to get it. Most likely they will add support soon, so this is just a bypass until then.

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
X