Unlock Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlock Discussion

Thought I'd start a thread so we could talk about the different unlocks and load-out people like.

Since I play mostly assault so I find I take

AR: Loving the XM8 (The accuracy outweighs the damage boost of the F2000 in my opinion)
    Gadget: 40mm Grenades (The smoke would be better if it was a bigger area and lasted 3x as long I think)
    Specialization: ACOG

Couple Questions for those in the know:

Anyone use the sprint upgrade instead of a scope? I am tempted for the extra mobility but I just can't go back to iron sights. I wish you could combine the two perk lists and just take two, it would make things much more interesting.

I'd like to go medic but I can't get into the LMG, has anyone progressed enough in that role to unlock the top ones? I believe two of the higher weapons are closer to an AR then a LMG which would make it bearable.

Re: Unlock Discussion

If you dont like the LMGs( which i hate them too ), use a thompson, the gun has high recoil but is pretty strong.

Comment

The M249 (second medic MG) doesn't do enough damage to be useful for anything but CQB IMO, but the Type 88 has nice accuracy and damage.

Medic :

Primary : Type 88
      Secondary : 1911
      Gadget : Paddles (all there is)
      Spec 1 : Mobility (use this since you already get quite a bit of ammo and the speed can help with reviving)
      Spec 2 : Nothing?
      Spec 3 (vehicle) : Extra Damage (use this for all other classes too)

Assault

Primary : F2000
      Gadget : HE FRAG or Shotgun GL (depends on part of map)
      Spec 1 : extra ammo

Engineer

Primary : SCARL or XM8C (depends on part of map)
      Spec 1 : Extra ammo or extra rockets

Rarely use Recon so can't comment there.

Comment

Whats the point of bringing extra ammo when you are the ammo person?
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I have all the medic unlocks that you can actually get without 100000000 points, and the later guns are nicer. They still do not have the same feel as the 2142 assault weapons, but they are not bad. For the most part I have been using the T88, and I like it. I would still rather have a voss, but it is better at range that the other Medic weapon. I also enjoy using some of the shotguns as medic. It sucks for assaulting, but on defense, it is great for clearing rooms fast.

I have found the the light armor with all kits to be a nice benefit. Not a night and day difference like with 2142, but the added speed is noticeable. I have not used it enough to comment on the lower armor rating however.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
          ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

One of the kits I've been testing out:

Assault
            -----------------------
            Main Weapon: Thompson
            Gadget: C4
            Extra ammo, ammo hub and the armor upgrade doesn't matter, I usually take tougher armor.
            -----------------------

Not using a gun with a grenade launcher gives the assault role C4 (yay).
            Extra ammo means you have 6 C4 explosives.

With this kit I can play a decent attack role and once I hit the A/B target instead of arming the bomb I will plant the C4.
            Back away to a safe distance, detonate, target is taken out without any warning or chance for the enemy to diffuse.

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
              One of the kits I've been testing out:

Assault
              -----------------------
              Main Weapon: Thompson
              Gadget: C4
              Extra ammo, ammo hub and the armor upgrade doesn't matter, I usually take tougher armor.
              -----------------------

Not using a gun with a grenade launcher gives the assault role C4 (yay).
              Extra ammo means you have 6 C4 explosives.

With this kit I can play a decent attack role and once I hit the A/B target instead of arming the bomb I will plant the C4.
              Back away to a safe distance, detonate, target is taken out without any warning or chance for the enemy to diffuse.

I'm using almost the same. But I can't shoot with anything other then the shotgun for reason I hope the figure out soon. The C4 is absolutely brilliant in both attack and defense.
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                I'm using almost the same. But I can't shoot with anything other then the shotgun for reason I hope the figure out soon. The C4 is absolutely brilliant in both attack and defense.
                It works magic! So far I have 51 m-com stations blown up :D C4 is definitely dangerous for the m-com stations.

Comment

Best set up ever:

-Any gun
                  -ACOG SCOPE

Comment

I find the saw deadly on the medic..... do not lay down constant fire....just "tickle" the trigger and for some reason infantry drop like mad....mostly head shots.
                    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

The red dot scope on the Type88 LMG is utter pwnsauce. I am dropping people with it standing up scoped from 50 yards plus easily.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Originally posted by Reaperassault View Post
                        Whats the point of bringing extra ammo when you are the ammo person?
                        Allows for longer periods of continuous fire. It's like the 3rd grenade in 2142 -- it compensates for the resupply time to allow continuous firing.

Comment

Is there a wiki or something somewhere that shows the different progressions for the classes? Google was no help. :/

Comment

Go to the Weapons and Gadgets entry in the Beta. For the all kits you can click on the weapon and it will tell you at what rank you unlock it. For the kit specific ones it goes left to right, then the next row. So the AEK is the first Assault, then the XM8, then the F2000, and so on till the M16, which is last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhohar View Post
                              Allows for longer periods of continuous fire. It's like the 3rd grenade in 2142 -- it compensates for the resupply time to allow continuous firing.
                              It should say "extra grenade" then. Extra ammo means that you have 1 more clip (?) to fire, extra grenade means that you have douple the 40mm to shoot and 2 grenades. I can't really see why you should pick extra ammo for assault.

Medic :

Primary : Type 88
                              Gadget : Paddles (all there is)
                              Spec 1 : Mobility (use this since you already get quite a bit of ammo and the speed can help with reviving)
                              Spec 2 : Nothing?
                              Spec 3 (vehicle) : Extra Damage (use this for all other classes too)

Assault

Primary : F2000
                              Gadget : HE FRAG or Shotgun GL (depends on part of map)
                              Spec 1 : extra ammo

Engineer

Primary : SCARL or XM8C (depends on part of map)
                              Spec 1 : Extra ammo or extra rockets
                              I like this, but I'd like to note that on defense, tracer dart > other pistols, and armor for vehicles > damage. And besides assault not needing extra ammo I'd always pick extra rockets for engineer. Or laser sight. F2000 is risky pick sometimes, it does have faster fire rate but accuracy is lower, which usually means that you do have to shoot longer.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X