This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminder about suiciding/Jihad-quads

We've received a few reports of some TG players getting a little too immersed in the 'beta environment'.

This is just a friendly remember that if you're wearing TG tags, you're representing our community and our philosophy; regardless of what server you're playing on. Do not be careless with C4 and do not blow yourself up.

:)

Re: Reminder about suiciding/Jihad-quads

This has made me sad, I hope we don't have to start reporting people before the game even comes out.
    Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

I don't think I've seen any TGers jihad quading

Comment

Just a heads up -- it's worth it to experiment with C4 before actually using it. The blast radius is larger than in BF2142, and most cover "bleeds" damage.
        Also, if you set C4 down, and someone else blows it up (ie, a random frag/rocket/etc), and if you die from the resulting blast, it's considered a suicide by the game and you'll get an epic fail message.

Comment

Yes, secondary C4 explosions are a real pain!
          The blast radius for the C4 is quite large and TGers should really try not to panic-detonate because the chances are you will die.

Comment

Saw a few TG players in EA Virginia wolfservers #1 tonight and yesterday doing the C4 quadbike thing.
            they has crosshairs instead of pipe symbols though.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Can someone define Jihading? Is it when someone quad bikes to the obj fast and then uses C4 to demo the objective killing himself? Or is it when they use C4 to kill themselves and others?

What if you used C4 to destroy the Obj but without killing yourself? Does that count as Jihading? Or what if you use it to take out enemies on the other side of the building and die in the process due to the explosive power of C4 (accidents happen)?

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                Can someone define Jihading? Is it when someone quad bikes to the obj fast and then uses C4 to demo the objective killing himself? Or is it when they use C4 to kill themselves and others?

What if you used C4 to destroy the Obj but without killing yourself? Does that count as Jihading? Or what if you use it to take out enemies on the other side of the building and die in the process due to the explosive power of C4 (accidents happen)?
                It's when you intentionally blow yourself up and cost your team tickets. Regardless of what you achieve by it. Accidents shouldn't be a problem though.

Comment

Both..

What if you used C4 to destroy the Obj but without killing yourself? Does that count as Jihading?
                  No. But as we've had on other BF servers before, if someone sees you with C4 on the the buggy/quad/tank/whetever, you get reported. I'd stay away from laying C4 on your own equipment if you were playing 2142 or BF2. Some people will kill off an already dying tank just so the enemy doesn't get it, or leaves it as a trap.

Or what if you use it to take out enemies on the other side of the building and die in the process due to the explosive power of C4 (accidents happen)?
                  Then you will learn from your mistake, and get further away next time.. This is not Jihad. You made an effort to stay alive. It just didn't work. We all need to die from our C4 before we know how far away we need to be..

The admins have not decided on any rules for Bad Company 2 as yet. It's too soon, but feel free to bring these things to the Contact an Admin forum area, and express your views. Your comments all count and will help build the knowledge needed for rules to be made. For example, can you think of a realistic reason for planting C4 on your buggy?
                  BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Thing is though, there's no ff in the beta at all, people are getting on a quadbike, getting their squad mates to load it up with C4, they are then driving down to the M-com station and having the C4 detonate with the driver still on it - unharmed!
                    The driver then brings back the quad intact! so his friends can load it up again to destroy the second com.

POE2 Developer

Comment

When in doubt... check the primer :)

Originally posted by Primer
                      Within Tactical Gamer, ANY activity that capitalizes on the limitations of a game to provide the advantage rather than that advantage coming from superior teamwork, strategy and tactics, is frowned upon. We all want to win when we play, but the focus at Tactical Gamer should be one of winning with some sort of dignity, honor, and skill, not because you were able to out-exploit the other team or box them into a corner built on technological weakness that gives you the advantage

Comment

The fact that we even have to define such a noob move is pathetic....seriously slapping C4 on a quad to go blow a area...or tank...or whatever? Man up your in TG! It's a FPS not a car race game....keep that crap in pubby game play....not here.
                        "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          When in doubt... check the primer :)
                          Confucius say: If you question the action, then the action itself is probably not worth doing.
                          "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

I will have to admit that I blew myself up several times yesterday using C4 (unintentionally). I guess I am not used to using it in a BC2 setting, and need further expirimentation with it to see how it safely can be detonated. Cover or a wall in 2142 will minimize the self-induced injuries, but in BC2 cover will just blow apart. Also, I set explosives on B during the first wave of objectives, and ran halfway across the pit and detonated. The blast still killed me. I was wounded from hostile small arms fire, so that may have had something to do with it. Like I said, more use is needed to see how it can be saefly operated on my part.

B

Comment

Originally posted by Buriu View Post
                              I will have to admit that I blew myself up several times yesterday using C4 (unintentionally). I guess I am not used to using it in a BC2 setting, and need further expirimentation with it to see how it safely can be detonated. Cover or a wall in 2142 will minimize the self-induced injuries, but in BC2 cover will just blow apart. Also, I set explosives on B during the first wave of objectives, and ran halfway across the pit and detonated. The blast still killed me. I was wounded from hostile small arms fire, so that may have had something to do with it. Like I said, more use is needed to see how it can be saefly operated on my part.

B
                              I think there is a fundamental difference between "accidentally" blowing oneself up and purposely making scrambled eggs out of oneself. I think with time, everyone will become more used to the blast radius of C4.
                              "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X