This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Opinion topic] RDX/C4/DETPACK detonation of M-Com stations

Do you believe that detonating of M-Com stations using the explosive detpacks (available recon default, or assault w/ shotgun) should be accepted in gameplay at TG?

In my opinion, it seems far too much like an exploit to give a detonation system, and even a damage system for other weaponry, and then just forgo everything when RDX/C4/Detpacks come into play. There's no warning, which is the purpose of the detonation system, and there's no way to stop it once it's there beside killing the detonator; but chances are, you'll never get to hit him until it's too late and he's already destroyed the station.
    Yes
    82.35%
    No
    17.65%

Re: [Opinion topic] RDX/C4/DETPACK detonation of M-Com stations

So long as it takes a good few to do it, then why not? Why should this be the only thing in a destructible environment that is indestructible?

I think this is why they make them harder to get to as you progress through the map. The 1st 1 is open up to attack from tanks from the go. The others need a bit of wall removal before you can get to them.
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Blowing M-Com stations with C4 is a valid tactic.

Comment

Enforcing this rule would be an administrative nightmare.
        There is nothing wrong with using explosive weaponry like rockets, mortar strikes and C4 to destroy strategic targets.
        This would not be a good decision if TG banned their use against M-COM stations.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I thinks its a viable tactic. Besides when we get the teams organized and the Voip working, coordinating defences should be a lot easier than it is now.
          [S7]Hablos
          Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Valid tactic. Not exploiting the game mechanics at all.
            "Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." Gen. George Patton

Comment

Defenders have such huge advantage in any case that this is only fair.

Comment

Learn the blast radius and make a sincere effort to avoid suicide. As defenders we will have to adjust and adapt to that threat.

Comment

I think you have to readjust. People are far too used to the 2142 "slap on IDS down and move toward the magic red dots". In this game, you have to watch the objective, you have to patrol the woods and sweep the buildings. The problem is people are on defense and not defending the crate. They're forward or behind it, shooting at random targets and not defending the only thing that matters. That's the problem. Where in Conquest, which most of us played in 2142 or BF2 or POE the flags and the tickets matter, in Rush the crates are much more important. Yes, the attackers have tickets, but you should not be hunting them down. You should be sitting on and around the crate waiting for them to come to you. All it takes is one guy with C4 and you have a blown crate.

The real issue is that C4 is volatile, so you can shoot a C4 monkey before he detonates and his five charges just need a wayward GL, RPG or grenade to set them off. Also, engis should be able to repair crates.

Yeah. The issue is when I see everyone forward. That does not work. They always get through and if one gets through, that means four got through and it only takes one. You cannot push forward on defense, you must defend the crates. You should be within 30 feet of the crates at all times. Cover the crates. It's quite simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                    Also, engis should be able to repair crates.
                    I think a better solution is a slowly regenerating health system for the m-com stations. If engis could repair it you'd end up with the same problem tanks have at the moment and only a sure thing 6 count of C4 would be effective.

It's a very important point though; defenders should be defending the crates, not moving around up-front.
                    We've seen it more than a few times that a good defense is just too hard to get through to plant C4 or sometimes arm the crate at all; most of the times the C4 tactic works is just because the crate is unguarded.

Planting the 6 C4 charges needed then getting out of the blast radius takes a considerable amount of time; much longer than just arming the crate.

One of the more important points I want to make is: If you start ruling out intended game mechanics as viable tactics then why should anybody be allowed to shoot tank shells at m-com station buildings? Why should tanks, grenades, mortar strikes, anything at all be allowed to aim at the m-com stations? It opens a horrible can of worms.

Comment

Using C4 as a tactic if fine. It's obviously an intended part of the game.

I am concerned with people loading up the ATV's with C4 and driving in then hopping out and detonating it. It's very close to Jihad Jeep tactics which aren't allowed in 2142. In the first part of the map it's VERY difficult to take out the B objective by detonation if there's a half decent defense on a wide open area.

Comment

It's all been said for me! Using RDX/C4/whatever is perfect viable. I see this as in intended game mechanic.

Comment

Yes it should be allowed, but they should increase the hit points that the crates have to help balance the game play

Comment

Funny enough, when on my first goes at this beta, I thought that WAS the only way to take them out.
                            Imaging a real super kewl 21st signature here

Situational Awareness Deficiency Syndrome
                            It is a serious disease.
                            Please Q-Spot! generously

Yah, I got me medals somewhere around here

Comment

Originally posted by jb4 View Post
                              Learn the blast radius and make a sincere effort to avoid suicide. As defenders we will have to adjust and adapt to that threat.
                              I think this is key. I don't find c4'ing the crates annoying, but I hate to see someone put c4 and blow it without even trying to get clear.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X