Squads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squads

When I first started to play the game, I find it weird that there was no SL. I thought it was a silly idea to remove the squad leader and put every SM as a spawn point. Now that have played the game for a couple of days, I still can't conform to the idea of removing the concept the battlefield hierarchy.

Let's begin with the removal of the squad leader. I must begin by saying that I squadmating with people I've played a lot in the past. Therefore, removing the SL didn't really change a lot of things since we somewhat, up to a certain extent, develop the same wayof seeing the battlefield (can be good - increase cohesion and bad - singular point fo view). But removing the SL is a complete new matter when you're playing with people that never played the game or with person that don't fully understand the concept of squad play. You can always force yourself in being the SL but there's no way to assure that you're SM will help you along (since there's no kick from the squad). Moreover, in extreme situation or fast pace action every squad member may react in a different way with no leader to focus the effort, hence, reducing squad effectivness.

My second point is the removal of the commander. The fact that there's no supplies or strike isn't a big loss since the recon can call-in a motar strike every 2-3 min. Losing the enemy spotting spaming brings the game closer to reality. The big loss is again in the hierarchy. How to coordonate and focus every squads on the team to fulfill a single goal? How to tell the 4 SL to grab the 2 quads and get the two buildings at the back, behind the objectives? It results in a more chaotic game. Although it may be the reason why they remove it. I know that the developper wanted to keep the chaos of the battlefiled, even if the number of player is reduced.....

My last point was the spawns points. At start,I believe that being able to spawn on every SM was abusive... As I played the game though, I find it more and more interesting as it brings new aspect in the game. It does reduce the importance of reviving though...

So let me know what you guys think about the squad aspect in this game so far... (I know there's no VOIP but there's TS).
    One koala met another koala. Then they killed stuff.... 2 Koala Army!

Re: Squads

They got rid of the squad system! I haven't played Bad Company 2 yet, and now I won't.

The Squad system was what made Battlefield a amazing game.
    Steam ID: DieFinsternis

Comment

Originally posted by Die Nacht View Post
      They got rid of the squad system! I haven't played Bad Company 2 yet, and now I won't.

The Squad system was what made Battlefield a amazing game.
      This game is not part of the main "BattleField" franchise. It's not even vaguely related to BF2/2142 or even 1942/Vietnam.

It's important to remember this when looking at the game.

Comment

The squad system might change in the final version as well, refer to this twitter link (taken from things we know) they key word there is "leading", so we might get a squad leader yet.

On that note, having no commander I don't think will be a big loss if there is a way for SL's to communicate with each other.

As with almost everything else in the game, lets wait until retail and not assume anything that is currently in / not in the game will still be that same in the full version.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X