WTH is with the c4 NOOBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTH is with the c4 NOOBS

So we waited and waited for a good PC title and we finally get one promising epic firefights,great sound,awesome explosions......and what do we do at TG? Find ways to make the matches end in 5 minutes by rushing with shotty's and c4 to blow up the objectives. GOOD JOB! It happened round after round tonight and was pretty much what you would see on a XBox 360 version of the game. I'm sure to those doing it it was fun.....but seriously I expected more from guys wearing TG tags. I am sure I am wrong and someone will have a lame excuse involving "good" tactics as a way to defend this type of piss poor gameplay though.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: WTH is with the c4 NOOBS

Did they kill themselves doing it? Did they abuse the FF off nature of the beta?

Or did they run in, cover the guy who planted the charges, then move away from the objective before calling "fire in the hole!"?

The concerns over C4 involve, for me at least, the whole suicide tactics thing and using assets like tanks, ATVs, and UAVs improperly. If the guy is planting C4, the running away and detonating it, that's because the defending team let him.

I keep saying this: stop defending at places away from the crates. A full team on stage 1 should have a squad north of B, a squad in the construction site doing overwatch, a squad close on A literally looking at the crate, and another squad patrolling the woods east of A and the buildings north of A. Stage 2 should have a squad in the Bradley, a squad doing close defense on A, a squad doing close defense on B, and a squad floating as needed between the two. Stage 3 should have a squad covering the north side of B, a squad on the west/south side of B, a squad in the Bradley/Apache and a squad in the building south of A watching it. Stage 4 should have a squad close on A, two squads around the B building, a squad in the Blackhawk.

You should not be doing anything but defending the crates. Hell, on defense revives don't even matter. Protect the crates, nothing, literally nothing else matters. The only way they can win is by blowing up the crates. Don't chase contacts, don't even bother. Let them come to you. I see on the map all the time, people running back from the edges of the area when a crate flashes, then complaining that someone dared to sneak past them and blow the crate up. You have to defend the crates. Like, actually have your eyes on them. It's not like a flag in Conquest, where rushing to a grey one works. By the time you get there, the crate will be gone if they even have half a brain.

Comment

Britt is right on the spot there.. I was in the squad you think destroys the fun and it took you guys 4 rounds to actually stay back and defend the m-com instead of rushing forward to get some kills.. And do you now what happened when we actually meet a squad near the crate? We died, twice..

Try and actually defend that crates once in a while and then you can judge people, most of the time there wasn't people near the crate. So should I arm the crate and wait for the enemy to swarm in and hope I can kill them and defend the crate or should I enjoy the fact that I'm smarter than them and just blow it up?

But for your happiness I can tell you that in the release you are gonna need more C4 to destroy the crates..
      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

I expected more than this thread title from people with tg tags. WTH and noobs are the words that don't belong.

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
          someone will have a lame excuse involving "good" tactics as a way to defend this type of piss poor gameplay though.
          Let me describe what happened in our channel for a few of the games tonight.
          1. We had people asking for kits (so that we would have C4 to blow objective)
          2. We had people holding spawn while one person rushed with a quad bike (so that we would be fast)
          3. We had people spawning in as soon as the game started (so that we could catch a quad bike)
          4. We had a person designated for holding back (so that we could sustain our assault -- props to Innocuous)
          5. We had people volunteering for kits to repair stolen armor (props to Abel)
          6. We had people asking others not to plant charge (which causes an alarm and is slow) but to use C4 (which doesn't cause alarm and is fast
          7. We had people reviving others so that we could sustain an assault (props to Project and Frozen)
          8. We had a team that would yell at the last guy to stay alive so that we could spawn on him
          9. We had a team that would spawn kits (like Assault with ammo) so that we could continue using C4
          10. We would say when something wasn't working out (ie. a few of our failed beach assaults) and the rest of the team would help/shift
          11. We would communicate well so that we always had both objectives covered with enough people
          12. We even had people throwing out recon balls to spot enemies near objectives
          13. We had everyone asking for others to bring tracer darts so that we could destroy the enemy Apache chopper
          14. We had people screaming about armor at the very last objective so that we could take it down and win (we did win, defending)
          15. We had mature people speaking like adults after losing instead of throwing childish hissy fits.

In short, we had a very fast, co-ordinated, mature, effective, communicative and responsive team.
          We won a lot of rounds, and we lost some too. We had fun, and I believe we were doing it the TG way.

You're welcome to disagree, but I saw no cheap play, and definitely nothing against the primer.

- Zho

Comment

I don't know if that's intended but it doesn't make for tactical play. This is however just one gametype and only one map. Holding the house is not recommended as you know playing defense the mortar and artillery going into that house kills you fast.

So the game basically boils down to nothing when you use this tactic. There is no counter when one guy slips in or when you can pretty much spawn on a teammate anywhere. Even though the game may allow certain tactics it doesn't mean we allow them all at TG. If it devalues the tactical gameplay then it's likely to not be allowed in the future. however right now, it's just beta.

The only way you can possibly defend a tactic that has no defense is to win and we pride ourselves at tg on tactics, not just winning as the primer tells you.

The other problem is they try to do it before the opposing team has a chance to react and get back to the objective. Usually before you spawn or after they take one frontline.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
              The only way you can possibly defend a tactic that has no defense is to win and we pride ourselves at tg on tactics, not just winning as the primer tells you.
              Agreed, though I'm not sure we've concluded this is a tactic with no counter. Creative attacking tactics require creative defensive tactics... which are inherently going lag in development... It's like virus software, you can't patch the security holes until after they're found :)

The other problem is they try to do it before the opposing team has a chance to react and get back to the objective. Usually before you spawn or after they take one frontline.
              Yes and no. It's a problem here because there's no pre-round timer to let everyone load and coordinate. If/when that's in place, then attacking before defenses are fully entrenched is practically a necessity.

Comment

Please also remember that DICE has said that they intend to increase the hit points of the stations in the final release, so until then...

More Info HERE: http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...ml#post1441760

Comment

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zhohar again.
                  Q: Does it take teamwork to pull off a successful C4 rush on multiple objectives?
                  A:YES

Q: What is the best way to counter a C4 rush?
                  A: Teamwork.

Q: How is a tactic that requires teamwork to pull off, and teamwork to defend against a bad thing?
                  A: :icon_conf

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
                  ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

The big one is to defend defend defend.. so many people push up to get them up front. And as everyoen has stated it will change when release comes.

Best part we will have more maps :)

Comment

Originally posted by YdoUwant2know View Post
                      Q: Does it take teamwork to pull off a successful C4 rush on multiple objectives?
                      A:YES

Q: What is the best way to counter a C4 rush?
                      A: Teamwork.

Q: How is a tactic that requires teamwork to pull off, and teamwork to defend against a bad thing?
                      A: :icon_conf

+1!

Hard to defend against? Yes and no. without teamwork its damn hard to defend against but if you play well and as a team it's hard even to get close to the crates as a attacker.

" Holding the house is not recommended as you know playing defense the mortar and artillery going into that house kills you fast."

Well, I played a really nice round defending with Bamboo and some more TG people (sorry guys don't remember who else was one my squad) when the rest of the team concentrated on defending the crates we kept the enemy armor dead by playing as a team always communicating giving each other intel on everything even remotely important.. Our squad managed to kill ALL armor before they even got close to shooting at the crates while the rest of the team defended against people trying to use C4 on the crates.

I don't like loosing but you will never see me crying out on the forums if I loose because I get outsmarted by someone. It actually puts a smile on my face if I loose against team that defeated me by applying teamwork and tactics. Otherwise I wouldn't be playing with TG..
                      Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Please wait until we all have VOIP and can coordinate a defense....we're scattered right now and we aren't used to not communicating at our most effective levels...we also haven't had enough time to learn meaningful counters to certain moves....The imbalance stems from the "newness" of the game....give it some time and effort and you'll be the one smirking at the failed ATV rush

Comment

C4 rushing is what bugs me most in the game atm. It doesn't require teamwork to be successful, it just requires enemy team not to pay attention for the one crate getting C4'd for the moment. It is actually as fast to arm the crate as it is to blow it up with C4 if you just have the right people. But it will hopefully be fixed in the actual game, I sided for this tactic but now that I've noted many rounds ending up to the 3rd point, that actually forces the attackers to stay out in the open for long times until you're able to get to the crate, without seeing single enemy (besides the ones at sniper hill). I think Vulcan had a great post about this above.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                            I expected more than this thread title from people with tg tags. WTH and noobs are the words that don't belong.
                            way to contribute nothing, do you even play the game?
                            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Itīs this new game mode that's the problem. "Rush" is not very TG-ish, of course thereīs a certain need for haste in every tactic but rush? Personally I canīt wait to play BC2 in "conquest" mode.
                              Who knows, "Rush" mode might not even make into the TG map rotation.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X