Constructive criticism from the beta

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constructive criticism from the beta

1. When your squad mate dies, don't default the spawn point to the "site". A few frantic "spawn now" clicks + squad mate dead will leave you 300m away from the squad. Not cool.
    2. Allow dead players to see objective/ticket status. Allows us to choose where to spawn to do most damage.
    3. Ability to position the minimap elsewhere. (Such as the top right-hand corner as it was in BF2142.)
    4. A log of all chat messages / kill messages. (I feel that they scroll by too quickly.)
    5. An easier way to request ammo/health/repairs. (It's much too difficult to find a live soldier of the proper kit and actually look at them.)
    6. The ability to log into the EA account immediately. (It's possible to save passwords, but not to log into the account by default?)
    7. Add compass directions on the minimap. (Easier team co-ordination.)
    8. Reserved player slots on a server. (I'm sure this is in the works, but without it, TG would be unplayable.)
    9. Ability to remap the squad screen key. (Maybe I didn't look hard enough.)
    10. Make the 40mm launched grenades explode only after 5 meters. (Right now, they can be used as both shotguns and assault rifles.)
    11. Punish suicide more. -10 points for a benefit of 350 in destroying an MCOM crate by suicide sends a message that is completely opposite of the wall of ribbons and pins awarded for teamwork.
    12. Fix the ingame VOIP, buddy lists, and server browser.
    13. Clarify or fix the "feature" that allows soldiers to climb up 20m vertical slopes of rock.
    14. Allow the recon balls to stay up longer, or to be resupplied. Right now, they last only a brief bit of time, have a very small radius, and can't be resupplied.

This is a result of roughly 50hrs of gameplay. Very fun game.

Re: Constructive criticism from the beta

Maybe make the suicide close to a crate -500 points. If I bounce a nade back or kill myself completely by accident some other way, I think -10 is punishment enough.

I don't know about 14. I really like that you need to actually hunt down infiltrators, not just check your magic IDS or Otus. Stealth has a role. Maybe keep the no resupply thing, but make them last longer.

Comment

Increase damage and splash across board slightly.
      Prone.
      Reduce/Remove excessive cursing.
      Not happy at all with the support role being the medic.
      Show health.
      Show tickets.
      Disable C4 to take out objectives or give proximity warning for enemy near objective.
      Searching for friends made easier. Perhaps ability to see friends of friends.
      I agree the log in is a little funky. It feels like you log in about 3-4 times.
      I would like to see the destruction need a tad more damage to be destroyed. By the time the objective is destroyed so is the entire area around it.
      Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post

1, Prone

2, Reduce/Remove excessive cursing.

3, Show tickets.
        1, Gordon van Dyke wrote:
        Skilled FPS players will never notice Prone is gone, n00bs looking for an excuse they got owned will!

That comment says it all.. They will not go prone.. There is an announcement on twitter or on the blog where they give a more official statement.

2, You will be able to tune it down in some way in the release.

3, You can see the tickets already.

I didn't show Gordons comment because I see anyone who want to be able to go prone a noob. I just wanted to show where Dice stands and how much they won't get prone into the game.
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
          3, You can see the tickets already.
          It's easily missed. It doesn't show up like it has done in other games. I remember at first people posting "GG" before it ended, and I couldn't see how they knew.. :)
          BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

- Reposition the Squad and kitselect screen so they can both be used at the same time rly no reason for the kit selection part not to be 50 pixels more to the bottom

Comment

Change accuracy for tank secondary gun and non-scoped sniper shots so they become much more ineffective.
              Recuse the damage of tank's and apache's secondary guns slightly
              Increase smoke grenade smoke time and radius
              Increase the amount of shots shotgun attachment for assault has
              Give SL more option over squad (squad name + invite), and over game (tacitcal aid, asking missiles from UAV etc.)
              Increase slightly the respawn time of stationary guns
              Increase slightly the time it takes for C4 to resupply from supply crate
              Increase slightly the time it takes artillery strike to recharge
              Suiciding should remove to least any "combo" points (destroying objective +100, killing enemy +100 - all points for suiciding)
              Fix the bugs with crosshairs, give us option to pick different crosshairs (I can't stand the one with shotguns)
              Give defenders 1 minute to pull out of attackers new base before the area turns into "out of pounds". (should remove vehicle stealing + base rape)
              Give us note in chat if some-one needs medic. Some people may be deaf but its harder to blind if you are playing this.
              Weapons need more info, for instance clip size. Or damage for AT weapons.

//fix all bugs with bad reg and keep optimizing graphics + cpus

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
              Prone.
              Reduce/Remove excessive cursing.
              Not happy at all with the support role being the medic.
              Show health.
              None of those will be changed what I've read out of the developer posts.

Comment

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/385991.page - For prone information.

I do think the increase in C4 will help somewhat from one person blowing objectives. Right now it is very easy to sneak by enemies to get to objectives. Then again, I find myself running right infront of 3-4 enemies and c4ing the objective. Half the time the enemy doesn't even shoot me.

Comment

....I find myself running right infront of 3-4 enemies and c4ing the objective
                  I know it's "just beta", there's no voip, there's on TG server, etc, etc, but... that's a suicidal tactic - not something you want to be bragging about ;)

Comment

I think the respawn times at the minute are just so we all get a chance to use the vehicles and tracer darts and test them a bit more. It's a good idea for the Beta, and sure it will change for release to balance it out.

I quite like the damage from the tanks 2nd gun.. Don't change that! :)
                    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

# 3 able to zoom the minimap.

Love the game.

Comment

When the UAV and Helicopter collide, the UAV goes down and NOT the other way around.

I really can't stand crashing five seconds after takeoff because a tiny little helicopter "threw you off balance".

I'm going over to the official feedback forums to give them a piece of my mind. *grumble* *grumble*

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          I know it's "just beta", there's no voip, there's on TG server, etc, etc, but... that's a suicidal tactic - not something you want to be bragging about ;)
                          95% of them time running in to destroy the objective is a "suicidal" tactic. I'd like to say that in theory, your squad moves in as a group of 4 to destroy the objective but most of the time you are highly out numbered. Is that squad of 4 moving into a position guarded by at least 8 players considered suicidal? If these tactics are considered "suicidal" then look forward to some long drawn out game play where nothing happens.

edit: To clarify, my previous post above this one was misleading. Running in front of 4 enemies while they are all looking at you is suicidal. I didn't think I would have to explain that it's probably a good idea to look and make sure they're not looking first. Why should I shoot the 4 enemies that are not looking at me when I can just run behind them, blow the objective and go find a place to hide and re-supply? This while I am providing a valuable spawn point for my squad if they have not spawned in already.
                          Last edited by Tllyx; 02-08-2010, 01:38 PM.

Comment

feedback to EA
                            don't say its dual core 2.0ghz min spec when thats just not true

Comment

Pre-round start timer
                              Donīt scramble squads after round is finished (bug?)

Really, much of this stuff was already figured out in BF2142, why not use that in BFBC2?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X