Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Includes In-Game DLC Store; Content Available At Launch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Includes In-Game DLC Store; Content Available At Launch

Is there anything about the game that we haven't talked about that you wanted to add?

One thing that's also very interesting is how we see our customers. We see the game as the first step to a longer experience. We have an in-game store where you get free content or you can buy new content to the game, so it's a very integral part of the game that we will have a long post-launch campaign. I think people will be thrilled to see what's in that already. On day one, you will get some really cool stuff.
    More here

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Includes In-Game DLC Store; Content Available At Launc

OK, I didn't even know what DLC store meant.. After some google.. What!? If I have read my google correctly this might mean people can buy weapons and stuff just as in BF Heroes? Please say I'm wrong..
    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Includes In-Game DLC Store; Content Available At Launc

You are correct Abel, yes you'll be able to purchase items in game.

Comment

This has the potential to ruin this game as I for one will most likely will not buy any DLC but others will and it may mean that those who have will have an edge over those that don't, you join the server and people are running around with extra guns or abilities or a map comes up in the rotation that you have to buy and people get kicked for not having the map etc.
        Anyway I shall reserve judgment till it comes online.

Comment

For the hardcore crowd i think they'll buy everything, if the content is good and it's fun. But making maps unique to those who bought them may not be good for the server though.

Comment

To be honest I'm temped to cancel my Pre-Order right now... DLC is short for instead of giving you a full game, we are going to give you half of a game, at the same price, then sell you the other half (which we broke into a thousand parts) at $1.99 a piece. :(

Comment

yeah it sucks, buying the game in pieces. Like in BF2 with the armored fury, and the other one (forgot the name). You end up paying $80 by the time its all done for one game.

Comment

People whine and moan that they only get half the game, yes it sucks a bit nut people seem to be forgetting that EA is a business they don't exist just for your enjoyment. they are here to make profit Premium DLC is simply another way for them to earn it.

POE2 Developer

Comment

I'll deal with it, why? I plan on splitting my time between BC2 and 2142 (once the lag is fixed). BC2 is great and I acknowledge that EA needs to make money, but it can't replace 2142 in my heart.

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                    I'll deal with it, why? I plan on splitting my time between BC2 and 2142 (once the lag is fixed). BC2 is great and I acknowledge that EA needs to make money, but it can't replace 2142 in my heart.
                    Yay 2142!!

Same here, although I hope they keep all the maps free so the whole community can enjoy them, together!

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate View Post
                      People whine and moan that they only get half the game, yes it sucks a bit nut people seem to be forgetting that EA is a business they don't exist just for your enjoyment. they are here to make profit Premium DLC is simply another way for them to earn it.
                      4 years ago and this idea would have failed so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by DrunkenPirate View Post
                        Just as long as we can keep our servers running maps that everyone can join on and not exclude people that way, i'm the first guy that will be buying all the DLC stuff DICE can dish out. I'm just thinking about what happened to 2142 and Northern Strike. Sure it had great content but we barely got to play it because not everyone had it. So Dice should think hard about what they DLC and how.

They can even consider making the game subscription based if you ask me, that way all on can play on the server with all maps and DICE can get their money too. But i don't know if that business-model will work for this type of game though.

But hey Dice, i got money, just make it work proper properly. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                          Just as long as we can keep our servers running maps that everyone can join on and not exclude people that way, i'm the first guy that will be buying all the DLC stuff DICE can dish out. I'm just thinking about what happened to 2142 and Northern Strike. Sure it had great content but we barely got to play it because not everyone had it. So Dice should think hard about what they DLC and how.

They can even consider making the game subscription based if you ask me, that way all on can play on the server with all maps and DICE can get their money too. But i don't know if that business-model will work for this type of game though.

But hey Dice, i got money, just make it work proper properly. ;)
                          I agree I really hate the split community on expansions. This really drove a wedge back in the BF2:SF days. I would rather they just made a monthly sub and call it done.

Comment

They need to figure out this DLC model on PC or we wont get any good games. DLC can save PC games from becoming all console ports. Its all about revenue if game companies can make good revenue on PC we will get great games if not then we will all pay 69$ on console and get all console ports. So I am all for DLC and games I like and play a lot is worth much more than my initial 39$.

Even my favorite company Paradox Entertainment do this now, and it works. Players get better support and better games, yes we have to pay a little more but thats how we get better games and more content. That said if they try to charge to much or provide to little as DLC they know they wont make as much money. Capitalism is the name of the game. Good product create demand and product create profits, in most cases a win win situation.
                            |TG-Irr| Red

Comment

I'm really iffy about the DLC center, since by doing that, you have the big issue that is most free 2 play first person shooters
                              You have people who splurg on the best stuff and kick everyone's ass, or you have teh person who levels up and gets their ass handed to them on a golden platter evrytime they play
                              sigpic
                              <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X