Food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food for thought

Winning a round almost doubles your score.

Killing an enemy = 50pts.
    Healing a friendly = 100pts
    Repairing a vehicle fully = 100pts

Sniping a whole round = 800-900pts
    Being a productive medic = 1800-2100pts [got 2300 once, so many pins!]

Stop sniping, it does not help as attacker. If you really want to help your score, be a team member.
    |TG|Ghost02
    TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Re: Food for thought

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
    Winning a round almost doubles your score.

Killing an enemy = 50pts.
    Healing a friendly = 100pts
    Repairing a vehicle fully = 100pts

Sniping a whole round = 800-900pts
    Being a productive medic = 1800-2100pts [got 2300 once, so many pins!]

Stop sniping, it does not help as attacker. If you really want to help your score, be a team member.
    Could not agree more!!!!! I cannot see one good reason to stay on that hill and try and shoot guys that are trying to diffuse the Mcom, you may get 1or 2 if your good...but the guys taking care of business are the guys near the Mcom keeping diffusers off the site. YOUR TEAM NEEDS YOU ON THE SITE.....NOT 400 YARDS AWAY ON A HILL.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I think there are enough gadgets for the recon on this game to warrant them. If that person is spotting targets, keeping the railguns clear, and setting mortar strikes in key places, this can help a lot. I agree that 4 snipers on the hill doesn't really do anything but get a few kills, but reducing health of enemies mid-battle can help. The game is all about balance. You need a few snipers, but not loads. Having none means your losing out..
      BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Originally posted by PM07SNV View Post
        I think there are enough gadgets for the recon on this game to warrant them. If that person is spotting targets, keeping the railguns clear, and setting mortar strikes in key places, this can help a lot. I agree that 4 snipers on the hill doesn't really do anything but get a few kills, but reducing health of enemies mid-battle can help. The game is all about balance. You need a few snipers, but not loads. Having none means your losing out..
        Sorry I did not elborate. One or two snipers is fine, always need that, but when the entire team is snipers just for the sake of stats padding, it is rediculous. Yesturday, I was with another TG-er [I kept calling him elmo.] and we were the only two people on the team attacking. I kid you not, two guys againts 16, teamstacked at that! The other guys were snipers.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Sniper as an attacker= Good..

Sniper as an attacker up on a hill 400 yards from the battle= Bad

I rarely play as a Recon when attacking since I want to be able to pull out my ammo hub...

It's not what you play it's how you play it.. Since you have Mortar, C4 and Motion balls the Recon can be very useful.. With that said, I have played rounds when myself Mojay and some random player attacked the crates and the rest of the team sniped from the hill.. At that point I just wanted to uninstall the game and start knitting instead of gaming-.-

Edit:

I should read the whole thread before I reply..

The problem as you said in your second post isn't the sniper but the the fact that you risk ending up with 10-15 snipers on one side if you play on a pubbie server..

But that problem will go away when we got our own server..
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

you know its bad when people from the other team are asking you to kill there snipers. It's a shame really that a kit that can be very usefull now has such a stigma to it.

Comment

Its not just BFBC2. Any game I've played on-line, the Snipers have a reputation for not being good team players and when an entire team can use this kit, it exacerbates the problem. In Friday Nights fight, I don't think I was sniped once. Our squads were mostly infantry and engineers with a medic. Its one of the things that have always separated our snipers from the pack that they always seem to have your back.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by Abel View Post
                With that said, I have played rounds when myself Mojay and some random player attacked the crates and the rest of the team sniped from the hill.. At that point I just wanted to uninstall the game and start knitting instead of gaming-.-
                Yeah that was annoying, at least we kept it real anyway! ;)

Snipers are useful in this game, but they need to maybe ditch the rifle on the hill and bring the thompson machine gun or a shotgun and run with the squad/team.

Comment

DICE really rewards being a team member in BC2 and i love it. I have never had to ask someone for meds or ammo in this game and that's a good thing.
                  In BF2 too many times I have had to type "drop ammo ffs" in general chat because people can't be bothered for 1 point.

POE2 Developer

Comment

The hill sniping is just how this map is set up, people like sniper duels and it is perfect for them.

Once out of beta, and the Rush game mode, it should not be an issue.

Comment

The point of OP doesn't mean that being recon is less helpful, it just means being medic can be more rewarding.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
                        The point of OP doesn't mean that being recon is less helpful, it just means being medic can be more rewarding.
                        I think it was pretty clear that he was saying Recon is less helpful than others classes (which, by the way, is entirely untrue):

Originally posted by Ghost02 View Post
                        Recon is a versatile class, and a good sniper can contribute more to a team than the most determined Assault in many cases. Trying to justify your case from the points-whoring standpoint just makes your point look worse. Recon/Snipers classes in any FPS get a bad reputation as being lone wolves, non-contributors, selfish, etc..., but that's just simply untrue in several cases, especially in this game. Snipers can push defenders off an armed crate, they can call mortars, they can booby-trap objectives or choke points, and they can harass and frustrate an enemy to the point of changing their behavior.

I could give you a few examples from my own experience where I made a big difference as a sniper, or a teammate made a big difference. I can also give you a few examples of where I've been griefed when I was playing as a sniper on the attackers side by other players who thought that I would have been more useful as another class.

Team play should be recognized as such no matter what role you're playing.
                        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Last night on those Virginia #6 games we played, we lost many times just because the enemy had recons that team played.

Comment

Also, medic kits are much less common in BC2, so the sniper is not instantly negated by revives, as in 2142 or BF2 vanilla.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                              Also, medic kits are much less common in BC2, so the sniper is not instantly negated by revives, as in 2142 or BF2 vanilla.
                              I think that will change in Conquest mode where the number of tickets dropping are determined by how many downed players were not revived, because defenders in Rush do not lose from lost tickets so there isn't much motivation to revive those who are shot by the assaulting team.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X