More food for thought

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More food for thought

1. As far as we know, the Recon motion balls are the only passive and effective intel tool we have. It's range often covers the entire MCOM building.
    2. Recon mortar strikes can take down a building, hence destroying an MCOM crate.
    3. Recon kit gets C4 which can be used to take out MCOM crates.
    4. Recon kit can carry weapons other than the sniper rifles: including the Saiga automatic shotgun.
    5. Recon can snipe stationary anti-tank launcher users and stationary machine-gun users, easing the assault for both infantry and armor.

The recon kit contributes a lot to teamwork. I know a lot of BC2 players come from BF2142, and within that game, the recon's contribution to the team was smaller. In BC2, however, the recon's role is much more diverse and teamwork-oriented.

Even the sniper recons contribute to teamwork: all of the stationary weapons do a good deal of damage, and have a long range. But, they're also very exposed and high-up on a building. This means they can be easily sniped out of their position.
    On the 3rd set of objectives, this could be the difference between the attackers getting stuck in that narrow pass and losing, and ... the T90 charging to take down the Bradley, and infantry charging immediately afterward, unrestrained, and winning.

Let's come into this game with a clean slate, and be open minded about things. 10 snipers on top of a ledge in the attacker's main base is clearly not the way to win. But let's not take that distaste to an extreme where we handicap ourselves from a necessary and useful kit.

Re: More food for thought

Everything in moderation. That's how I see it. 4 kits, 4 soldiers in a squad. Sometimes you'll drop 1 of the kits in favour of another because you'll need that tool at that time. Sometime the only advance possible is a medic rush. Sometimes it'll be a squad bomb. Every time it'll take teamwork, and that's using the right tools at the right time.

Comment

Just played a good rounds with TG guys. We had assault, recon and I was a medic. It worked perfectly.
      We spotted enemies, recon took them down, we assaulted the crates, recon took them down while we covered.

I hope TGs coming from 2142 would not look down on the kit.

Comment

If I'm not on a team with you Zhohar I usually run as Recon with the Saiga. On offense I rush for M-Com stations, use the motion ball to find defenders, kill them and plant C-4. I have flanked a lot of clever defenders that don't realize I can see them on the map. This lets me get C-4 down and the objective blown before they can respawn.

On defense I like to snipe.

If on a team with Zhohar I just try and keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kebab-Kastike View Post
          I hope TGs coming from 2142 would not look down on the kit.
          This may come from many of the BF2 titles : )

Good to see a positive spin on the role, and as has been stated, the issue is more in how its played, and unfortunately of all the kits this one lends itself more to lonewolfing.

Comment

Well said, buddy. Recon on 2142 may not have been the best, but this is very much a different game.

Comment

Awesome post, wish I would have seen it 5 minutes ago before I responded to the other thread.
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

on a TG server when they are up yes i can see this as being good 1 guy in a squad

but the lone wolf on almost every server i have been on (with out TG guys ) it is so bad
                also the c4 will not be that big when it take 15 in the retail to take down a m com

which will also take down some of the c4 jeeps on the m comms

they have alot to fix from the beta for this to be a great game !!!!

Comment

The kit is never the problem, its the player playing the kit. In general terms the recon kit attracts the lone wolf type player.
                  Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by jazy2 View Post
                    Everything in moderation..
                    This. Seeing 4 or 5 snipers up top on the hill at the start of a match is usually a good indicator on how the match is going to turn out.

Comment

Sniper kit has really impressed me in bc2. In 2142 it was hard to be useful as a sniper, u didn't have a lot of tools to use to help ur team. In bc2, I can really assist my team in attaining victory. Motion sensors reveal movement around the mcom. I can take down stationary weapons. I can call down grenades from the heavens with a mortor strike. Really a well rounded kit. And the rifle the I use is awesome. The sv98 has a faster reload speed and has 5 more rounds than the m24. When u get good with this thing, it rocks close, medium and long range.
                      55th Infantry Division

Comment

Chris makes snipers look good. I actually revive him.

Comment

I would think that a KIT LOCK feature which limits the # of a type of kits in a Squad could be useful.. Works well in PR..
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

The system in PR has its pluses and minuses, not to mention its a pretty different style of gameplay.
                            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

In PR the kits each have very distinct roles, in BC2 a recon can be a boom-headshot Chris styled player or a shotgun/C4 mcom destroyer. Once we have TG servers up this will not be as large of an issue as on pub's because there should not be anymore then 1-2 snipers on a team if people follow SL (or the equivalent position)'s orders.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...