Ask short BFBC2 questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask short BFBC2 questions

I have a couple of things I cant figure out. Since the question are so diverse and so short, Ill just bundle them here and anyone can answer a quick question BC2 related.

A. Why can I only spot or call out 1 or 2 items. I cant spot two enemies and then call for a medic. Why aren't there audiofiles playing when I'm spotting or calling.

B. Hows does the game show who the leader of a squad is. Sometimes I'll just join a 3 man squad and instantly I'll be able to put a attackmarker on MCOMs. I assume this is a attack or defend command how ever I wont hear any audio playing.

C. What does it mean when a players badge/rank next to his name goes haywire. The small graphic will just switch between every rank in the game in a really high tempo.
    2412: TG Displacio or TG Wazzaup

Re: Ask short BFBC2 questions

Originally posted by Displacio View Post
    A. Why can I only spot or call out 1 or 2 items. I cant spot two enemies and then call for a medic. Why aren't there audiofiles playing when I'm spotting or calling.
    The audio files are there to make the game interesting, but I quite like that people don't continually shout "Enemy spotted". Like 2142 commanders constantly screaming it can get annoying.. Your spots however should be recognised and show on the map. I guess it's to keep the vocals down. Imagine a room full of people all asking the same questions constantly. Just my guess..

B. Hows does the game show who the leader of a squad is. Sometimes I'll just join a 3 man squad and instantly I'll be able to put a attackmarker on MCOMs. I assume this is a attack or defend command how ever I wont hear any audio playing.
    There is no leader.. You can all set objectives..

C. What does it mean when a players badge/rank next to his name goes haywire. The small graphic will just switch between every rank in the game in a really high tempo.
    Nothing. Ignore it.
    BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Oke.. But is there a reason why I cant spot a UAV, then spot a soldier and then a tank just shows up and tries to roadkill me but I cant spot it no matter how many times I mash the Q button. Ill have to wait 30 or so seconds when my spots dissapear before I can respot or even call for a ride or ammo

Comment

I reckon this sort of bug will be ironed out in release..

Comment

There is a limit on the numbers of spots you can do since people spammed the spot-button like crazy in the ps3 beta hoping to randomly spot someone..
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

"spamming" the spot key will put it on cooldown in which time you can't use it at all, re-clicking will restart the counter. For instance, you spot a target try to spot a tank straight after but miss and click q instead couple times. I have no idea how long the cooldown is but I'd expect 3 seconds, so if you click again in 3 seconds you will get another 3 seconds to wait for.

This is how it has worked for me so far, it wasn't explained anywhere so it might be wrong.

Comment

When I told my wife about this game coming out she replied, "Wonderful, another year of 'ENEMY TANK SPOTTED! ENEMY INFANTRY SPOTTED!" Lol, that was BF2 when experienced from another room apparently. Lucky for her, I have a sweet new headset.

Comment

Hopefully the spot will be tweaked in the release. As it is sometimes I try to spot infantry in the open, hit the button a few times, then try to spot a tank and it won't work because I've been "spamming". Very frustrating.

Comment

Is TG going to havea Dedicated server? or..better asked..Is EA going to allow Dedicated private servers?? I would love a Server which supported SM's and had a kick feature like PR...
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                    Is TG going to havea Dedicated server? or..better asked..Is EA going to allow Dedicated private servers?? I would love a Server which supported SM's and had a kick feature like PR...
                    Based on what we know right now about the RCON interface, there's a very good chance we'll eventually be able to get the SM-reserved-slots working on our BC2 servers :) (they obviously won't be working right on release day)

As far as what servers we'll run: There will be at least one primary conquest server (ranked). It's a possibility we'll have at least one additional server, but nothing's decided yet. We're still missing a lot of details... how we enjoy the different game modes, what the options are for mixing game modes, what server settings we can tweak, etc, etc.

Comment

Considering the lower player playercount, will TG have more servers?

Oke another one. Next to a player name is your rank or badge. but next to that is a random number in a white square, what does it mean?
                      Last edited by Wazzaup; 02-18-2010, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Considering the lower player playercount, will TG more servers?

Oke another one. Next to a player name is your rank or badge. but next to that is a random number in a white square, what does it mean?
                        Lower player count? We can fill 1 x 32 slot server in no time. There are plenty of BC2 TG gamers here..

Comment

I actually meant lower capacity of servers, being 32. Not less players active, because we can always convert pubbies to our ways like on 2142. We always had 48 Maxed out during high time. so wouldn't 2 servers of 32 or maybe one 32 player server and one 24 player server.

Comment

oh right. Sorry.. :)

Comment

It's the veteran status..
                              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X