What did I just see?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I just see?

Ok.. Yesterday while in a game..just starting out..I was all hunkered down to cover the first B MCOM.. this was before the first wave came down.. I Was thinking that a silly fool who think's he is getting past me is in for a rude awakening (I was hiding like a girl in a corner) ... but what do I hear but a lone ATV... a few sniper shots that missed... then the crazy atv dude drives right into the MCOM..and before I can get out a few rounds the whole thing blows up?
    WTF? Did he put C4 on the MCOM?..on the ATV? Suicide? They did the same thing a minute later on A after a Tank ripped a hole in the side of the Building..
    I had to start going in engineer with Mines right off the start to modify their attack run.. Bleh..

Tell me that's just a Bug or a Fluke that will be patched out.. ?
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: What did I just see?

Using this tactic is basically the only way to get past a good defense of the first two m-boxes. And itīs really annoying since it works so well everyone is doing it. Last night I saw atvs, light tanks and uavs loaded with c4. And suicide recons/assualt on foot.
    Personally I think TG should skip the rush mode on their server, it is way too tempting to use suicide tactics.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
      it is way too tempting to use suicide tactics.
      We will have a banning system still, so suicide tactics won't be allowed.

I don't think it's the only way to beat a good defense, but it is a lot harder than no defense I'll give you that. :)
      BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

If the defending team focus on B, clears all the trees and sets up a nice defense line using the cover from parts of the wall that canīt be destroyed itīs really difficult to make any headway as an attacker.
        sigpic

Comment

Unless you just shell B from the spawn with the tank, from what I hear. I haven't figured out the angle yet. Also mortar works.

Comment

Is there an angle where the defenders mortar and tag/rockets canīt reach the tank?
            sigpic

Comment

I am starting to think the ONLY way TG can do this is in Hardcore mode anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
                I am starting to think the ONLY way TG can do this is in Hardcore mode anyway!
                Please, let's not go there right now. We need to wait till launch until we begin this whole hardcore mode thing again.
                Last edited by oniell121; 02-21-2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

The real issue with these rambo atv's is the fact that when you jump out of the atv, it continues moving for quite a long distance. If people time it correctly they can jump out sending it crashing into the mcom and they can blow it without committing suicide themselves. Although this is not a "suicide" tactic as they do not die, it still seems unrealistic and cheap.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

The amount of C4 necessary to blow an MCOM crate up will be higher in the final game. I imagine this'll deter a lot of vehicle+C4 combinations.

Comment

2142 as a rule that could cover what you said Darth. It's the jihad jeep rule. In all it punish the use of suicide vehicle like sending an atv with C4 on anything. Even if the pilot bail and survive the fact that he purposely destroy is vehicle to take out anything (other then the vehicle it self) is an offense to that rule. The rule still give you the opportunity to destroy your vehicle just so that the enemy wont get it.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                        Unless you just shell B from the spawn with the tank. I fell victim to it by Ikonic the other night. I haven't figured out the angle yet. Also mortar works.

Fixed. ;)

Originally posted by general_alvin View Post
                        Is there an angle where the defenders mortar and tag/rockets canīt reach the tank?
                        Yes. The AA mortar tank can saturate the entire first line from it's spawn.
                        -F-

Comment

That was some beautiful teamwork there, BTW. Nice use of the UAV to call the fall of shot.

1B has to be taken by taking over the Construction site area. Once the Russian armor is firing from the north, and the rest of the team is spawning south of the crate B will fall quite quickly. You just need to concentrate overwhelming force at the critical point. Which is honestly quite easy with the spawn on anyone system.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                            That was some beautiful teamwork there, BTW. Nice use of the UAV to call the fall of shot.

1B has to be taken by taking over the Construction site area. Once the Russian armor is firing from the north, and the rest of the team is spawning south of the crate B will fall quite quickly. You just need to concentrate overwhelming force at the critical point. Which is honestly quite easy with the spawn on anyone system.
                            Too much work. My "Overwhelming Force".

Exhibit A by Ikonic:

-F-

Comment

Originally posted by ikonic View Post
                              Too much work.
                              :icon_lol: classic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server