BC2 Blog: PC Graphic Details for Retail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 Blog: PC Graphic Details for Retail

Some of the things discussed like DX9 for XP doesn't support AA and high graphic details are things you're probably already aware of for Retail in March. Other things like improved CPU optimization (beyond the recent beta patch) are also coming. More in the jump (didn't see this posted).

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...s-details.aspx

Side note: Some games released later this year will not support DX9. Guess its time for XP users to move on to Windows 7!

Re: BC2 Blog: PC Graphic Details for Retail

I am as we speak moving all my music, movies, docs, ebooks, etc. to my storage drive so I can do a clean install of 7. XP...you've served well, now it's time to head off to the glue factory....I mean...out to pasture.

Comment

hope that your transition goes smoothly *fingers crossed....

I'm currently not moving from vista....i've put too much time and effort into my pc...to get it to run this well...I'll wait until my next upgrade when sp2 comes out for windows 7

Comment

Excellent! I have have incentive to move into dx10 now :) And maybe dx11 sometime in the future. Go DICE!

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
          Some of the things discussed like DX9 for XP doesn't support AA and high graphic details are things you're probably already aware of for Retail in March. Other things like improved CPU optimization (beyond the recent beta patch) are also coming. More in the jump (didn't see this posted).
          Is this confirmed? I assumed that the optimization to the beta was the same optimization that they were promising for retail. And I suppose I need to transition to Windows 7 at some point soon, then...:/
          I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Razcsak View Post
            Is this confirmed? I assumed that the optimization to the beta was the same optimization that they were promising for retail.
            Well I can't find the confirming posts that I read, but I have been reading tweets from one of the Rendering guys at DICE, and he did confirm that there would be many additional performance optimizations in the retail build. The demo branched from their code base in december. So, the demo was over a month old when we start playing it on PC. If you'd like to look for the confirming posts you can browse through here. It was awhile back and I'm sure there are easier ways to find it.
            sigpic

Comment

You are correct. The Beta is from a code base that branched in December.

From Ars Technica's article with Anders Gyllenberg, who is the the producer of the PC version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2...

The beta was important for a number of reasons, but chief among them was the fact that the first Bad Company title was limited to consoles; this is the first time the Frostbite engine was brought to the PC. "The code itself is from late December, which is why we see some oddities with the server browser and stabilities," Gyllenberg told Ars. "Only through this type of massive testing can we can find the more rare issues that the beauty of PC gaming can create." Gyllenberg points out that both the client and server have been patched multiple times since the beta's beginning, and they've learned a lot about what hardware players are using to play the game.
              http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2...er-details.ars

Comment

Hopefully there's enough changes to edge the frame rates up for those with lower end systems.

Comment

For those about to upgrade, don't forget about Windows 7 - The Mega Sticky

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

The game apparently is purchasable at select Target stores. Here are two screenshots that show some PC graphics at retail. Note, I dont consider the two screenshots below as spoilers.

User's Specs:

Q9550 @ 3.2ghz
                    4GB DDR2
                    GTX 275
                    1920x1080 resolution
                    ALL settings maxed, 4xAA, HBAO on

Full thread here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1164856

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X