So how is it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how is it?

Well... answer the question. I haven't been able to play it cause my comp is so crappy. How does no squad leader work? Are the weapons nice? Hows no prone feel? Is sniper class way over used? How are the graphics on low setting? How bad is the cussing/ blood? Those are my questions for now. I know, its quite a few ;D
    lTG-Irrl Argetnar
    If you hear the chatter of my Vossaraptor you're already dead.
    "Squad attack Tollhouse!" Experiment626
    "Cookies?" Argetnar
    "Yes bring your cookies too!" Experiment626
    sigpic

Re: So how is it?

No SL works fine in my opinion, gone are the days of the SL running around like a mad man trying to stay alive as his squad spawns off him. I actually think the spawn on any squad member makes it the squads feel more cohesive and effective.

I can't speak for most of the weapons, almost all of my time in the beta was with the automatic shotgun. I do know the LMG's and most of the assault rifles did poor damage, but I think it is getting tweaked in retail. There are some hard hitting sniper rifles that are fun to use.

Don't know about graphics on low.

I did not notice much blood, but there is a LOT of swearing. I really wish there was a way to turn it off or tone it down. I would be embarrassed to play the game without headphones on.

Comment

Game is reasonably acceptable looking on all low.
      Blood is very subtle.
      Profanity is very prevalent throughout gameplay. Don't play this in front of little kids imo.

POE2 Developer

Comment

Unfortunately I couldn't play the Beta. Pre-ordered it on steam DLed the Beta and found I couldn't play due to what I presume was down to a bad computer and DX9. So I waited till the weekend (this one) till I had the new computer only to find out the Beta had ended 2 days ago when I was 98% download! :D

But from what I hear it's a pretty damn good game. Lack of SL sounds strange as I thought there was one but the weapons, vehicles and general gameplay sound really promising.

Comment

SL and such things work fine with this game as it is NOT 1942/BF2/2142 etc. BC2 is much more faster paced action even to the point of the maps generally being, if not smaller, tighter.

No prone feels fine for this imo, as other than when playing sniper it's far to fast paced for me to notice it.

And the ARs and LMGs do pretty good damage but the beta reflected that horribly because of hit detection issues and etc. Really need to play the PS3/360 demo (or watch vids of it) to see what it's supposed to be like.

All my experience is outside TG and not as comprehensive as everyone elses anyway because my ISP is having problems so it's difficult to play anything multiplayer atm.

Comment

the terrain and types of buildings really do not permit the effective use of prone....the cover is good to the point that you can still crouch behind a wall and have 95% of your body covered...the spacing and general layout make the prone unnecessary..
            spawning on s squad-mate requires a methodical method of deciding who stays back and hides..

Comment

Ok, 90 hours of gameplay, lets see if I can remember anything..

I would like to have one designated SL in conquest even thou I didn't miss the SL in Rush.. Rush is so fast compared to conquest and you don't need to have a big plan for everything.. Stick together, talk to each other, call out when people are down so the last one alive can stay alive and you can be brutally effective.

I like the different weapons even thou the hit detection was crappy in the beta. I'm not a fan of the medic with 50 pounds of LMG trying to be nimble and fast reviving and keeping people alive. But when we get to rank 20 that will be taken care of.. M14:D

In 2142 I didn't even have a button for crouch, I only used prone! But here in bc2 I don't even miss the prone function. You have so much cover anyway. I do miss the toggle crouch thou:(

That I wouldn't know..

Blood, is there even blood splatter in this game? Very little blood if any. The cursing, oh the cursing! I'm so sick of being called, well stuff I'm not even going to write here. They really need to tone that down..
              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Sounds great except for the cussing. Is that in multiplayer or single player? Im pretty sure you can turn voices off or down at least. I seem to remeber someone saying the cussing wasn't bad but apparently not! LOL!
                lTG-Irrl Argetnar
                If you hear the chatter of my Vossaraptor you're already dead.
                "Squad attack Tollhouse!" Experiment626
                "Cookies?" Argetnar
                "Yes bring your cookies too!" Experiment626
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah cussing is pretty bad in the MP. I.E. if the crate takes damage the radio voice will likely say "blah blah WE GOTTA PROTECT THIS BEEP" and such. Even says MF at some point.... Was very surprised to see this considering how little BF2 and such had.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X