X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 1 patch is live

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...published.html

Originally posted by Kalms
    It's slightly less than 300MB in size. Assorted fixes, some perf improvements, fov controllable via Settings.ini (fov=55 default I think) and um some other things.
    Last edited by FBmantis; 03-01-2010, 11:12 PM.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: Day 1 patch is coming

Is it bad that the game needs patching or good that DICE is being fast with support for it?

Comment

It is a common procedure for pc games. With BC2's patching system it should be painless.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
        Is it bad that the game needs patching or good that DICE is being fast with support for it?
        I'm not surprised. I was really worried when I saw the time frame for the PC "Beta" because it gave them almost no time to make major changes before RTM. This is all the changes they made because of the beta, plus some others they managed to sneak in, that occurred after they locked the RTM. All in all, a good thing in my eyes. :) I'm hoping that they will start releasing smaller patches more often (a la Steam) now that they have a built in updating mechanism.
        sigpic

Comment

Re: Day 1 patch is live

At some point in development of a game you have to lock down everything and stop changing the code/content so the game can be finalized. A Day 1 patch does not mean the game is bad in the first place, it's just the only way to fix some of the last minute issues without delaying the release of the game.

Comment

I would much rather have a Day 1 patch than play for a couple of month with a buggy game waiting for a patch. A game looses a lot of players if they don't patch quickly as people get frustrated and never give it another chance. It can also fragment a community.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Don't forget the hardcopies that were shipped to stores a while back. They need the patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                I would much rather have a Day 1 patch than play for a couple of month with a buggy game waiting for a patch. A game looses a lot of players if they don't patch quickly as people get frustrated and never give it another chance. It can also fragment a community.
                QFT- we have seen this happen in recent history. A game with great potential does not get fast support and it leaves players frustrated. I am thankful they seem to be playing full attention to this game. Based on all of the different computer configurations now, it seems that patches are inevitable. There is no way to fully test all of the real world scenarios before going live.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X