Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Servers - Launch Information [Update: 13.Mar.2010]

UPDATE - Friday 13.MAR.2010

Here is the latest status on PanzerHans hard work on the reserved-slots for Supporting Members:
    Originally posted by PanzerHans
    I have a close to fully working core now.
    Abilities to fetch server event like punkbuster information including GUID and IPs of players. Thus enabling us to uniquely identify the player including his IP.
    I am also able to harvest chat information. This means we can assign chat to a player if we chose to do so.

Remaining work is to link the punkbuster info to the logged players, enable SM kicks and lastly create the Web GUI needed to display the information for this game.

Work will take a halt for a few days as I am flying to Iceland for work (until Sunday).

Panzer.

UPDATE - Tuesday 09.MAR.2010
    • First week is complete! Things are really coming together in-game!
    • Admin tools are maturing nicely. We've been using BC2Guardian, and the devs have really been responsive to users requests for functionality. We're not out of the woods yet, but we should start to be a little more capable with rule enforcement.
    • PanzerHans has been making steady progress with the Supporting Member reserved-slot system. There is still a lot of heavy lifting to be done, but late last night he was able to talk to the server:
    Originally posted by PanzerHans
    Finally, some real progress. The server is finally answering my requests. This is a giant leap of progress :)

My first real conversation:

From me:
    Code:
    0000   00 00 00 01 1d 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 0c 00 00 00  ................
    0010   6c 6f 67 69 6e 2e 68 61 73 68 65 64 00           login.hashed.
    Answer from server:
    Code:
    0000   00 00 00 41 38 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 02 00 00 00  ...A8...........
    0010   4f 4b 00 20 00 00 00 30 42 43 45 36 41 37 44 37  OK. ...0BCE6A7D7
    0020   31 36 31 31 42 43 43 31 34 32 30 43 30 38 37 43  1611BCC1420C087C
    0030   33 37 33 30 31 46 36 00                          37301F6.
    Now I need to write the parts that decodes the server messages.....

UPDATE - Friday 05.MAR.2010
    A few updates from the admin team:
    • The initial version of our Server Rules has been posted as a sticky. Even if you've played 37 other titles here at TG, please take 3 minutes to read that thread... particularly the Teamspeak bit ;).
    • The posted rules are not final - there are other areas we're keeping an eye on, but we're all still playing and learning what the game takes care of by itself.
    • DICE did not [and will not] provide any admin tools. There are a couple third-parties that are racing to deliver tools, but currently they're all in Alpha phase and provide very limited and buggy functionality. The good news is that they are releasing updates almost daily at this point.
    • PanzerHans has started work on an automated, reserved-slot system for Supporting-Members! There is not ETA at this point, but it looks like we'll eventually be able to have the same functionality we have on other TG servers. Unfortunately, as of today, Supporting Members cannot expect a slot on the server - the admin tools are too flakey to reliably kick non-SMs. Over the next few days, hopefully we'll be able to better serve you.

LAUNCH DAY SERVER INFORMATION
    Feel free to post any comments or questions here :)

TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #1 - Conquest
    68.232.175.47:19567
    Conquest Mode
    Maplist
    • Panama Canal
    • Laguna Alta
    • Atacama Desert
    • White Pass
    • Laguna Presa

Config Options: Stock with killcam OFF - Friendly Fire ON

TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #2 - Rush
    68.232.175.48:19567
    Rush Mode
    Maplist
    • Port Valdez
    • Nelson Bay
    • Arica Harbor
    • Isla Inocentes
    • Valparaiso

Config Options: Stock with killcam OFF - Friendly Fire ON

TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #3 - Hardcore
    68.232.182.161:19567
    Conquest Mode
    Maplist
    • Panama Canal
    • Laguna Alta
    • Atacama Desert
    • White Pass
    • Laguna Presa

Config Options: Hardcore On with all the expected options.

Please note the following:
    • Things are bound to be buggy and potentially break - have patience.
    • We can not mix game types yet - hence for now we have to separate them.
    • I believe every map is going to play twice - we have no control over this yet.
    • The maplists are as large as they go. Only 5 maps for the two major gamemodes currently.
    • We will likely alternate the gamemodes on the hardcore server each day or every couple days.
    • If the server restarts the config options seem to get reset so be aware of that if you notice changes.
    • The admin protocol for BC2 is still a work in progress - we don't yet have nearly the abilities we have with the previous BF games that have had time to mature. Keep that in mind.
    • Automated Supporting Membership Priority is NOT running and likely won't be for a while. We need time to look at the built in support and explore possible better solutions. We will try to respond to manual requests for access on TS but I make no promises for the first couple days.
    • Servers banners should be considered temporary at this point.

Last edited by WhiskeySix; 03-13-2010, 01:15 AM.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Re: TG Servers - Launch Information

Is it possible to add servers by ip somehow, I hate this server browser :(.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

You can add servers to your favorites manually (see below). Then you bring up your FAVORITES browser (bottom right), NOT the Server Browser.

Originally posted by Tllyx View Post
      <PathToMyDocuments>\BFBC2Beta\GameSettings.ini

Open this file

Scroll down to the bottom and look for

FavoriteGames=

If you have added any servers to your favorites list, they will show up after the = sign.
      .[/b]
      FavoriteGames=TacticalGamer.com

Comment

Can't wait for the Passwords to start.. ;-)
        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          You can add servers to your favorites manually (see below). Then you bring up your FAVORITES browser (bottom right), NOT the Server Browser.

FavoriteGames=TacticalGamer.com
          FavoriteGames=3196769692,04c0c226-550a-4e42-8c04-1857455a9cec,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #1 - Conquest;1542307827,dfddb91f-c592-4b03-bbfe-10e3c7d3e44b,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #2 - Rush;

Wth is that haha. Are those IPV6 addresses? I am still unable to add the Hardcore server. The ingame server browser is garbage, and it looks like their servers are hammered because I can't connect to any server now.

I love gaming, mmmmmmmm

Comment

Will we have a Squad Deathmatch gamemode anytime?

Aliases I go by:

DeTeR

L1QuiiD

SK37CH

Comment

For those that aren't aware of this yet let me note some global issues at the moment.

Originally posted by gameservers
              1. Players being randomly kicked

We have seen cases where a server randomly kicks a player for an unknown reason. We have sent logs to EA/Dice to try and find the root cause of the problem. Restarting the server has shown to help

2. Configuration editing

There has been reports that the config editors are not properly saving the settings. We have this assigned as a bug and are working towards a resolutions. This is currently affecting a subset of servers.

3. Servers not showing up on the browser

We are getting reports and witnessing issues with servers not showing up in the in-game browser. It seems that the in-game browser is not picking up all of the servers from the master when listing showing the output. Hitting the refresh key will often times display a different set of servers on the list. It appears to be a fix needed to be done by Dice/EA

4. Favorites not working

It does appear that Favorites are not working correctly yet.

5. Higher than normal ping times

The ping times seen on the in-game browser is listing pings higher than what it really is. This is still under investigation.
              Then there is the big issue of server crashing which wasn't listed above. This issue as well is a global problem that hopefully will get fixed quickly. Currently when the server drops everyone(crashes) it requires a manual restart by an admin with access to the box.(not many) When these crashes happen please notify an admin - the specific admin you notify may not be able to bring it back up but it will get passed on to the right person.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Updated Info from Dice:

For all the players connecting to servers and being kicked straight away (and pbsetup.exe or manual updating didn't help) then you will be happy to know we are sending out R4 servers to our hosting providers which will hopefully solve this issue.

This is going out to the hosts shortly and then allowing time for them to update you should see connections going back to normal in the next few hours and continuing to spread to all servers during this evening.

We are looking into the server crashing but we are also seeing full servers too, so it is possible to fill a server and remain running. It is a priority fix but it won't be in R4.
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

We have a euro player with a sneaky copy of BC2 who cannot find Tacticalgamer in the browser.. It doesn't show up when added to the favorites in the config.ini either.

EDIT: Had to use the long code favorite as supplied in: this post above.
                  BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

Still in browser as far as I can see.

Note from our provider:

BC2 Servers are going through a rolling restart
                    Mar 3, 2010 - 1:16pm EST
                    We are issuing a rolling restart of all BC2 servers to make modifications to the command line in order to get additional debug information for a server crash issue that we are seeing.
                    Translation: R4 is being deployed - server may restart.
                    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

R4 may have fixed the server crashing issue. Time will tell now but our provider is very hopeful.
                      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Strong work admins

Comment

Managed to add all three servers. So add them to the ini-file described above and they show up as favourites.

FavoriteGames=3196769692,04c0c226-550a-4e42-8c04-1857455a9cec,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #1 - Conquest;1542307827,dfddb91f-c592-4b03-bbfe-10e3c7d3e44b,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #2 - Rush;1847513843,cf0fc087-d30a-4ab5-9104-6233b4c5b645,TacticalGamer.com - BC2 #3 - Hardcore;

Comment

[STATUS UPDATE] Friday ... D-Day plus 3

A few updates from the admin team:

1) The initial version of our Server Rules has been posted as a sticky. Even if you've played 37 other titles here at TG, please take 3 minutes to read that thread... particularly the Teamspeak bit ;).

2) The posted rules are not final - there are other areas we're keeping an eye on, but we're all still playing and learning what the game takes care of by itself.

3) DICE did not [and will not] provide any admin tools. There are a couple third-parties that are racing to deliver tools, but currently they're all in Alpha phase and provide very limited and buggy functionality. The good news is that they are releasing updates almost daily at this point.

4) PanzerHans has started work on an automated, reserved-slot system for Supporting-Members! There is not ETA at this point, but it looks like we'll eventually be able to have the same functionality we have on other TG servers. Unfortunately, as of today, Supporting Members cannot expect a slot on the server - the admin tools are too flakey to reliably kick non-SMs. Over the next few days, hopefully we'll be able to better serve you.

Feel free to post any comments or questions here :)
                            Last edited by WhiskeySix; 03-05-2010, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Re: Friday/Day-3 Update

Any word as to if DICE is going to provide admin tools?
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X