Beta -> Retail differences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta -> Retail differences

For the people who can't play the game yet, or people who already have it but would like to know what others have noticed different/improved from beta, here's a short list of the things I noticed by playing an hour at lunch.

Feel free to add your own.

Edit: I haven't been able to check out VOIP since I'm at work and don't have a headset.
    • Sprint speed seems significantly increased (about 50%). Hard to say if movement speed was increased as well.
    • The UAV is a lot easier to control (less delay on input) and moves faster. As a counterpoint, the flight ceiling for it seems to be lower so its easier to take down.
    • Tanks also seem to have a higher top speed, but that may be because I was playing a desert map and not a snow map.
    • Hit detection is better (even better than the late beta improvements). For example I can consistently kill people with two well placed 2-3 shot bursts from the PKM.
    • The chopper handles a bit better.
    • Every map plays twice, with the teams switching sides each time.
    • Server browser is faster to refresh, but it may be because there are less servers than in beta right now. Filtering options work correctly and there is a Server Name search function. Did not see an 'Add via IP' function.

Re: Beta -> Retail differences

Does squad voip work ?
    Is there a team wide voip channel (seperate from the squad voip) ?

Comment

Well VOIP worked for a bit - then went away at one point in the same squad. Just one round on one server but at first glance it looks like the beta issues are still there. :/
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

i didn't see a team voip...shame really...or maybe I didn't look hard enough....

Comment

Is anybody else having trouble adding servers to their favorites listing? I thought they had fixed that issue in the beta.

Comment

With killcam off you don't get to see what your squadmates are doing when you cycle through who you want to spawn on.
            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Server browser doesn't seem any better and still no ping...

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
                With killcam off you don't get to see what your squadmates are doing when you cycle through who you want to spawn on.
                That's...a problem...
                Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Yeah there's no way to see what kit that squad needs.....

Comment

I was just using a rule of thumb.... nearby hostile vehicle on minimap? Spawn engy. No nearby hostile vehicle on minimap? Spawn Assault/Medic/Recon depending on proximity of closest enemy position. *shrug*

I wasn't getting any orders from 'Squad Leaders', the command rose seems to be non-existent for me for some reason, and the default starting weapons just flat out suck, with the exception of the assault gun, which is passable at mid-range.

Just my first few observations from my 2 hours online today.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                      I was just using a rule of thumb.... nearby hostile vehicle on minimap? Spawn engy. No nearby hostile vehicle on minimap? Spawn Assault/Medic/Recon depending on proximity of closest enemy position. *shrug*

I wasn't getting any orders from 'Squad Leaders', the command rose seems to be non-existent for me for some reason, and the default starting weapons just flat out suck, with the exception of the assault gun, which is passable at mid-range.

Just my first few observations from my 2 hours online today.
                      lol, I think all the default 1st weapons are decent except for the assault one. Can't wait to get the XM8 back. There is no commo rose in BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Britt View Post
                        lol, I think all the default 1st weapons are decent except for the assault one. Can't wait to get the XM8 back.
                        In the meantime, don't forget to pick up kits off the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by austforbeer View Post
                          Server browser doesn't seem any better and still no ping...
                          THErealRUDEDOG Yep, running #BFBC2 as a normal user under Win7 does not show pings, running it under admin shows pings. nice security there #Dice ...
                          I reckon a lot of problems will be solved just by running game as administrator..
                          BF3 Soldier: DrSparky

"Cum bellum clamavit, respondivi"

Comment

I don't know if it's a hit detection thing or what -

but the hand grenades and grenade launcher seem better. Not overpowered, just useful.

Proud to have been an Irregular!

Comment

Grenades definitely throw much farther, and C4 seems to weight more than a sheet of paper when thrown now.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X