The Campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Campaign

Anyone started playing this? Seems to be far less "cinematic" than CoD4's (I didn't play MW2), but it's not terrible. I especially appreciate that there are no "monster closets" of infinitely respawning baddies -- yet. I'm only through two missions and just started the third in Bolivia.

One thing that is really a head-scratcher is why they decided to open the game in WWII using all the assets from BF1943. The models and textures look badly dated against the rest of the game. It's not a great first impression.

I also noticed that it keeps track of which weapons you collect. There must be a trophy or achievement at the end for getting them all.
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Re: The Campaign

All the weapons you collect, you'll be able to use them later on via supply creates spread out through out the each map.

Comment

Oh, can you hit the use button on supply crates or something? Hadn't thought to try it, I thought they just refilled your ammo.

Comment

I don't play that many SP campaigns on MP games. I stick to mostly BF titles, most of which don't have an SP campaign, don't have COD or MW2. I find BC2's WAY too scripted for my tastes, I quit after about 45 mins and don't plan on playing it again.

Comment

If you think BC2 is too scripted then you should probably stay far away from COD. But yeah, it is sort of reminding me why I usually don't usually get drawn in to the single player campaigns in FPS games. I'll play through this once and never touch it again.

Comment

I am looking forward to enjoying the campaign story

Comment

It was good, now it's getting narm tacular and making some major errors.

Spoilers

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Like we just found out that the NSA op you rescued in the village before the chase on the back of the truck, they guy who's maybe 50, well his Dad was the guy you played on the island in the 1st level. So the game takes place in....1995 apparently. Oh and Sonny boy is angry because the government sent in his Dad's commando squad on a "suicide mission", proven because the government had...projected casualty reports....which of course proves it was all a conspiracy. So he betrays the team and gets killed by the Russian Big Bad. Then hippie pilot you rescued in the last level pops up with gun pods (which weren't there ten minutes ago), mows down the Russkie scum and pops into a dramatic hover.....and gets blown out of the sky by an RPG....and Haggard goes NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

It was actually quite cool until then. I liked the recover the fallen satellite mission, and I thought the "time your shots with the sound of the thunder" bit was cool too. The cheese is getting strong though.

Oh, the elite Russian soldiers in level 1 take maybe one bullet and the Bolivian militia later on take like 4.

SPOILERS END

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X