Conquest - Flags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conquest - Flags

Some people. including myself, were confused about what the Flags in conquest actually do. I found this:

Each time your team gets a kill, the tickets are reduced based on how many flags you control.
    0 Flags = - 1 ticket
    1 Flag = - 2 tickets
    2 Flags = - 3 tickets
    3 Flags = - 4 tickets
    4 Flags = - 5 tickets
    5 Flags = - 5 tickets

Not 100% sure on this, but makes sense. Different from a steady deduction they had in the old BFs

Re: Conquest - Flags

there's a map with 5 flags?!

Comment

I think it was an example, copy paste from forums.

Comment

And this system replaces bleed?

Comment

well, it would explain the 3 minute rounds last night before teams evened out.

I was going to break something if I heard that alarm one more time.
          sigpic

"Remember to pillage BEFORE you burn!"

Comment

Originally posted by Therg View Post
            Some people. including myself, were confused about what the Flags in conquest actually do. I found this:

Each time your team gets a kill, the tickets are reduced based on how many flags you control.
            0 Flags = - 1 ticket
            1 Flag = - 2 tickets
            2 Flags = - 3 tickets
            3 Flags = - 4 tickets
            4 Flags = - 5 tickets
            5 Flags = - 5 tickets

Not 100% sure on this, but makes sense. Different from a steady deduction they had in the old BFs
            So basically, this means you should always hold 1 more flag than the other team, which will give you a 50% or 30% lead at all times on kills. Rather than say, keep running around in a big circle attempting to capture points that don't actually do anything unless you're also killing peeps.

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
              Rather than say, keep running around in a big circle attempting to capture points that don't actually do anything unless you're also killing peeps.
              In some countries they spell that D-E-F-E-N-S-E ; )

In the few rounds of Conquest I was on last night, I'll chalk up all the zerging I saw to people wanting to check out the parts of the map they hadn't seen yet (since the last time they ran by).

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                In some countries they spell that D-E-F-E-N-S-E ; )

In the few rounds of Conquest I was on last night, I'll chalk up all the zerging I saw to people wanting to check out the parts of the map they hadn't seen yet (since the last time they ran by).
                Its a conundrum for sure. This is usually because in conquest you're left wondering: Should I stay here and hope for action? Or should I run off and potentially leave this point undefended (only to see that it starts to be captured shortly after you run away).

Comment

Which brings us back to no commander to give defend orders.

Comment

I'm sure those most of us who have a clue will quickly start think at that commander level and give our squads' ord... errr... suggestions? to defend :/

Comment

WARNING!!! WhiskeySix for not following suggestions!

lol

Comment

sorry, I dont quite believe the stength of that map bleed, more investigation needed
                        If it is that strong then its rush forward and grab one more flag than them and then defend like a dog

Comment

People should always be thinking big picture and what they can be doing for the betterment of their team. Since I don't actually have the game yet its hard to comment on map bleed other than understanding how it works will be important for figuring the game out. Another thing to figure out is when tickets are deducted, like 2142 when someone is no longer revivable or something different.
                          Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                            Which brings us back to no commander to give defend orders.
                            All of the conquest maps so far are so simple and linear (except maybe that jungle one) that I don't see why a CO is needed. Either in-game text chat or TS is fine to coordinate who is defending what.

Comment

This makes sense for what I was observing from the game. I do prefer it to the old system.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X