A Few Things I Noticed Last Night

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Things I Noticed Last Night

Just wanted to take this time to point out a few things I had noticed while playing on the server last night. It was on the Hardcore server btw.

First: The game is fun, especially with TG guys. (Now that thats out of the way :D)

I noticed that on our team we had like 6 medics, and of those 6 only 2 where actually doing what they needed to, like reviving our team mates. I was running across the entire map last night, past other medics, to revive our guys. They seemed content to drop health packs at their feet and camp. If you are a medic help me out, I can only shock so many people.

Team balance. Our team was greatly out numbered and despite several attempts at getting the teams balanced nothing came of it. The players on the larger team just ignored our plea's to make things even. It almost got to the point of not being fun anymore. If you are playing on the obviously larger side, switch over. Keep things fun and balanced. I understand that you are in your buddies squad and whatnot, but is it really worth overstacking the teams? Is it really fun for your 20 guys to over run the 10 on the other team everytime?

Super l33t Snipers. Several rounds last night consisted of the other teams composition being 95% snipers. I understand that you are the best sniper online gaming has seen and you get tons of kills, but does your team really need another sniper? Why not go with being a rifleman, or engineer or even a medic? Going against a platoon of snipers is:
    a.) next to impossible to win
    b.) not fun for anyone
    Speaking from experience last night, its not fun to spawn in take two steps and get shot in the head from across the map for the entire round. At one point I managed to get on top of a roof and ran into a snipers nest. There where at least 6 snipers in that one particular spot.

Again, I am just pointing out things that I had witnessed on the server last night to you guys. Minus the platoon of snipers and medics not doing medical things I had a great time and I think O'Neil even learned that I am in fact a bullet magnet and you shouldn't spawn in on me unless you are ready to start zig zagging. :D

Thanks for the gaming last night guys! Look forward to maybe doing it again.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: A Few Things I Noticed Last Night

Is there or will there be anyway of limiting the number of kits in a squad? If so this would solve this issue quickly.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

It's fine to comment on these occurrences, but please remember that the game is BRAND NEW and a lot of these things will get taken care of naturally as the servers and player base get setttled.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
        Is there or will there be anyway of limiting the number of kits in a squad? If so this would solve this issue quickly.
        No, there is no way of doing this, and until VOIP is stable, really nothing you can do about it except try to get people to switch over. Even so, forcing others to play a kit they dont want will not solve anything.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
        ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus View Post
          It's fine to comment on these occurrences, but please remember that the game is BRAND NEW and a lot of these things will get taken care of naturally as the servers and player base get setttled.
          Definatly, again, I was just pointing out a few things I had noticed is all. All in all it was a good time.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Some of this is the dynamic of new game and some is game design.

Kit choices: the game requires you to unlock weapons/perks and you must play the role to get them. After a week of most people getting unlocks, they will settle into their favorite roles as they do in all games. This is part of the medic problem you cited. Many people, like me had their dfibs disappear and there has been EA/vet status unlock problems. Many medics are running around with first aid and no paddles yet. They have to get points to earn them.

Snipers: Are there always going to be players that camp and snipe, sure, but the game has given (recon) a more diverse role in BCBF2. If you are carrying a Thompson, C4 and extra ammo are you a sniper or assault? You may be wearing the suit, but your role can be very diverse. Many people decide to snipe right now to get points for unlocks. That won't last forever. That is a function of how the game is designed.

Teambalance: We should pay attention to the teams. In most cases this takes care of itself after a few weeks. Right now, there is a greater concern for many to get points to unlock kits. IMO, that is nothing against the players as the game design requires them to do so in the beginning. By next week, I believe people will settle into their roles no matter what team it is on.

Even though this is a familiar title to all of us, it is a very different game then we may expect. It will be frenzied, there will be chaos, and to matter how much proper TG we bring to it as players, it is it's own animal by design. Let's let it see how it plays out. This is early in the game life cycle and there are always a few growing pains.
            Last edited by jb4; 03-04-2010, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I wanted to revive....but with no shock paddles it's kinda rough
              "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                I wanted to revive....but with no shock paddles it's kinda rough
                Yeah, that does make it a little difficult, lol. I am just glad that I had unlocked them in game before everything was lost. Seeing as how I play medic 99% of the time lol.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I had the defib at first, along with the Garand. I think this was because I registered on the Battlefield Veterans site.

Then sometime during the course of the evening they disappeared?

edit: OK now I see Y's post about the veterans system problems. Guess that explains it.

Proud to have been an Irregular!

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    I noticed that on our team we had like 6 medics, and of those 6 only 2 where actually doing what they needed to, like reviving our team mates. I was running across the entire map last night, past other medics, to revive our guys. They seemed content to drop health packs at their feet and camp. If you are a medic help me out, I can only shock so many people.
                    Sadly, I was one of those no-good medics because it was my first time playing the release and I did not have the medic bag or shock paddles un-locked yet unfortunately.

Super l33t Snipers. Several rounds last night consisted of the other teams composition being 95% snipers.
                    I played sniper a bit, but not with the sniper rifle, I used the Thompson submachine gun instead. Wich I found to be an excellent weapon in close quarters. I think that it was un-locked because of my veteran status, but not sure, maybe someone can clarify that. There's a lot I don't know about this game, I need to read the forums more. I love how visually stunning the game is though, it's a work of art in my opinion.
                    |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

I was one of the non reviving medics on the hardcore server lastnight. Was getting a little frustrated as I was had all the unlocks the night before and then poof they were gone. Should have the defib back after a couple more rounds though so no biggie.
                      |TG-12th| Sawviper

Comment

JI noticed that on our team we had like 6 medics, and of those 6 only 2 where actually doing what they needed to, like reviving our team mates. I was running across the entire map last night, past other medics, to revive our guys. They seemed content to drop health packs at their feet and camp. If you are a medic help me out, I can only shock so many people.
                        Keep in mind that a lot of us have lost our pre-order unlocks that included the shock paddles and our health packs. This was a complete shock to me as I had both unlocks working the night before. I felt like a fool running around as a medic with absolutely no way to help the team. I ended up playing assault.

EDIT:
                        Ooops... should have read the rest of the thread. ;) I see that this issue has already been raised.

Comment

As dredge mentioned, I learned a very important lesson. Don't spawn on dredge... :D

Comment

As has been methioned ad-nausem here... But I knew that numerous times Our squad did not Need me to be a worthless Medic (aka..No real Medic kits)..but the way the game is setup..I had to keep the kits just to earn the unlocks..
                            I found that a quick and cheap way of doing this is in the RUSH mode.. You will get your points up there quickly... Then you get to play the REAL modes.. ;-)
                            |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                            ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Team balance is the single biggest issue at the moment, especially on the RUSH game mode.
                              After a round is done quite a few players tend to shift to another team (possibly just simple shifting to the winning team).

We really need to keep an eye on this. There were only a handful of rounds in an entire day of gaming where the teams were not unbalanced.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X