Where the hell is my M1 GARAND? - Answer revealed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where the hell is my M1 GARAND? - Answer revealed

Did some digging, and apparently there were so many BF2 player trying to register for their "Battlefield Veterans" bonuses (which include the M1 as well as the first few unlocks for all the classes) that is completely killed the Battlefield Veterans system and all the bonuses. Until they get things going again, which could take a while, none of the Battlefield Veterans bonuses will be available.

Heres hoping you already have that Defib unlocked...

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/batt...h-traffic.aspx

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/421427.page

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
    ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

re: Where the hell is my M1 GARAND? - Answer revealed

Yeah i was wondering what happend. Started off last night running around with dfib paddles and an M1 then all of a sudden....nothing..lol. Here's hoping they fix it sooner rather than later.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

There is always a risk picking up a game at launch, and we're seeing it now with the PB issues and the bonus unlocks. I was lucky enough to be able to enter my codes to get my unlocks, and since I'm on PS3 for now I didn't have to deal with PB, but this sounds like a mildly botched launch. That's not to mention all the Steam preloading and downloading issues, which always seem to be a problem on Steam for third-party games on launch day.

On the balance though, this is a great game and I'm glad I got it day one.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

First night all my pre-order unlocks were working fine.

Second night they were all gone.

Now I have no shock paddles.

/sad face

Comment

Yeah it was the same for me Draeh. First night I had them and I fell in love with M1 in hardcore mode. (just about a one shot kill anywhere) But when I logged in the next day they were gone. thankfully I already had earned enough points to get my Defib, otherwise I would be without it now as well.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
          ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

All I can say is that it doesn't affect everyone. Also, does this have anything to do with servers not having any unlocks sometimes...or is that a different issue?

Comment

Glad this has been resolved, or at least an answer as to why it happened is known. I miss the M1...

THEDOGWARRIOR... CALL ME DOG / WILL NOT RESPOND TO "HERE BOY" OR WHISTLING

Comment

I lost my Garand and my medic doesn't have a defib and medic pack. EEEEAAAA argh!!!!!
                "Press the red shiny button"~Vortex
                "I may give out, but I'll never give in." ~ Lou Bond "To the Establishment"

Comment

At least you aren't the dude who lost EVERYTHING except his grenade lol!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1175255

Comment

Re: Where the hell is my M1 GARAND? - Answer revealed

Thank you for the update, I am glad to know what happened.

I MISS MY M1 !!!!!!!
                    |TG| RoadWarrior

Comment

Funny how an outdated and obsolete bolt-action assault rifle is one of the best weapons in a game trying to emulate near-future warfare.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                        Funny how an outdated and obsolete bolt-action assault rifle is one of the best weapons in a game trying to emulate near-future warfare.
                        It's not a bolt action, it's a semiauto battle rifle.

The reason the M1 and M14 weapons were abandoned was because America went from a country where most people learned how to shoot at a young age to a country where large numbers of people never ever shot a gun. Thus you handed them an M16 and taught very basic marksmanship in the hope that if they sprayed enough rounds downrange they'd hit someone. The doughboys of WWI had no trouble killing Germans with bolt action weapons, and the GIs of WWII had semiauto Garands which fired the same powerful round as the Springfield because they'd shot weapons from when they were kids. Marksmanship is an art which requires enormous amounts of practice to acquire. You can't draft a kid in the fall of 66 and expect him to be a skilled rifleman and warrior when he deplanes in Da Nang in the spring of 67. You need people who took their first deer at 8 and have been target shooting since they were 6. If you look at the elite units now you see they are composed of mostly Southern and Western folks of rural extraction, because that's where the shooters are. You take a guy who kills prairie dogs at 400 yards because the burrows break the legs of his cattle and you just hand him a Barrett and fine tune his natural instincts. Take some kid from the ghetto who had the choice of the Army or jail and you're lucky if he holds the gun rightside up.

If you look at pictures of special ops guys in Afghanistan and Iraq, you see a lot of M14s, and soon you'll see a lot of SCAR-Hs. The 7.62 NATO is a man killer, the 5.56 NATO is a man wounder. The 30.06 the Garand fires is even more powerful. If you can shoot it well, a full sized battle rifle is a much better choice for combat. By the same token, a 5.56 that hits is better then a 7.62 that misses. I'm not surprised at all that the Garand is popular for Hardcore mode, and the M14 will be very popular in it too once you get to rank 20. One shot from a Garand to the chest or head is an instant kill in real life, while a surprising amount of 5.56 can be necessary to bring a target down sometimes.

Comment

Outdated?...maybe. Obsolete?...certainly not! Why you can get your Garand right here!!!

http://www.thecmp.org/m1garand.htm

"The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible uses of firearms and airguns through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions."

I'm looking at getting an M1 Carbine through the CMP myself, it would be awesome to own a real piece of WW2 history like that.

Comment

Sorry Harly, at this point most of the rifles in the CMP are not WWII vintage. What's left is ~50s stuff for the most part, and the supply fluctuates. Still a great place to get a solid gun, though anything you obtain should be taken to a gunsmith for a safety check before you fire it.

I saw a beautiful Krag-Jorgenson in nearly mint condition right next to a Springfield that was in decent shape last time I was at the gun store. Price for both? More then I can afford.

Comment

Yep, the main advantage the AR15 (M16/M4) platform has over the M1/M14 platform is weight. Lighter rifle, lighter ammo = a lighter army.

In fact, I was just thinking the other day that a Garand with a nice lightweight polymer stock would be a great addition to my zombie defense arsenal...
                              Become a supporting member!
                              Buy a Tactical Duck!
                              Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                              TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X