Squad Deathmatch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Squad Deathmatch

Has anyone tried this? And why isnt TG running this.

I havnt played it myself yet, but on paper this sounds like a great mode. It really puts the focus on the micromanagement of the squad instead of the giant blob that moves from flag to flag which we call a team.
    2412: TG Displacio or TG Wazzaup

Re: Squad Deathmatch

I gave it a shot, it was complete pub game, but the game mode forces you to work as a tight squad. There were couple lone wolves, but if they managed to make score on their own, hes now 3man squad would usually get rolled behind him. It is far easier to organize 3 (or 4 as a whole) guys than whole team, and with voip bugging it had to be done without it too. I enjoyed it, and it didn't feel like "fill up" compared to conquest and rush. I would like to test it further, but if the player amount wouldn't be so much lower than what conquest and rush need, it would be great option to run besides them.

People seem to become very camping type in this mode though, as open areas outside buildings usually mark instant death.

Comment

Maybe a couple of Squaddeathmatch channels in teamspeak so TGers can host their own games on pub servers.

Comment

^Done

How does the spawning work in squad deathmatch? Unless its very random I would think spawn camping would become a problem.
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

How does squad deathmatch work in general?
          |TG-12th| asch
          sigpic

Comment

Its kind of old school....4v4v4v4....apparently there's one Bradley in the middle of the map to fight over....first squad to 50 kills wins.

Comment

Me, Lien, Alvin and Vulcan just did a couple of rounds using the Rush TS channel... Only kills are shown but other scorepoints are still rewarded. The squads regular spawn-in is always random, so only one person should spawn regular the rest should always spawn in on teammates or you will end up on four different corners of the map.

Comment

I have played it a few times. The spawn on squad is usually spread out enough that spawn camping was not an issue. It was full with players and enough space to move around to do the things we like to do like maneuver cover to cover, flank, etc. It is a fun change of pace. Some people will sit and snipe, but the squads that moved together cleaned house.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X