Rush - hardcore mode

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush - hardcore mode

Could we get a server with Rush but in hardcore?

This is where most TG's spend their time, and Conquest is half full of pubs or half empty with TG's whichever way you want to shrink it :row__582:

Even those that played Rush at its current stage has voiced themselves in TS about shooting a target 4 times before it dies, and it seems to be the mode that's more exciting for most TG"s.

to sum it up, switch conquest hardcore with Rush hardcore. I'm sure I am not the 1st to suggest.

Thanks for reading : )

Re: Rush - hardcore mode

Earlier the Rush server was completly empty, three or so hours ago I think. Switching the Conquest HC server to Rush HC would be pretty cool, but I'm not sure how the dedicated server files work so I don't know if they can even do that right now.
    sigpic

Comment

I noted in the server launch thread that we would be switching the hardcore server back and forth between the two modes. I can do it overnight or wait a few more days and start it the next week on Sunday.

Also my gut feeling is conquest is or will be more popular here.
      |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I'll second this motion, with an addendum that even HC isn't HC enough. I've still had times where I empty my assault rifle into a guy at point blank and he doesn't die. I actually don't mind having a mini-map, but damn, bullet damage needs to go up.
        [squadl]
        "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

I'm with tarpan, HC isnt HC enough lol. Anyways after playing HC alnight then trying rush out, I just cant stand it in its current configuration. Makes me feel like im playing HALO or something.

Comment

Originally posted by FBmantis View Post
            I noted in the server launch thread that we would be switching the hardcore server back and forth between the two modes. I can do it overnight or wait a few more days and start it the next week on Sunday.

Also my gut feeling is conquest is or will be more popular here.
            Seems like Conquest is the more popular of the two, but did have a good run in the Rush server a bit ago. But it was completly empty earlier and both Conquest servers were full or filling up.
            sigpic

Comment

Hardcore is just a sniper game mode with human targets.
              Last edited by Portable.Cougar; 03-05-2010, 03:17 AM.
              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Can you do both?

I'm not sure how BFC2 works, but I know in 2142 you can have a sever rotation with both conquest and titan, so why not just add one rush map to the hardcore conquest rotation and call it good?

Edit: Never mind... I see now that we cannot do that yet...

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
                ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

My opinion is conquest is played( especially by pubs) gamey, I would like to see rush in HC just to see what SUPPORTING MEMBERS prefer, right now the servers are a free for all with little or no Teanmplay rush seems to force frontline combat with its ebb and flow in conquest youre constantly flanked with snipers(threats come from all directions) there needs to be a STRICT limit on snipers as well as its one shot one kill with snipers...........kinda ridiculous having whole teams playin sniper ,some maps you cant move in the open at all, spawn campin is rampant as well with the snipers mostly

Tex

Comment

Originally posted by Portable.Cougar View Post
                    Hardcore is just a sniper game mode with human targets.
                    It will be for a while until people learn the game a bit more, get their unlocks, and until VoIP is working so we can communicate sniper positions better, etc.
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

I wish the HC server had minimap.

Comment

I think with Conquest mode.. you get folks Point Whoring..trying to get the next goodies (Or even a damn ammo box or medikit!) ... It's hard to restrain yourself and Defend an objective when there are all those "juicy" points to get in the Battle at the next Objective.

A good example of why this consolize gaming doesn't work well with TG Style play.. It's not about the team win...it's about the personal Achievements..
                        BLehh.... I still wanna play now though.. Grr...
                        |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                        ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                          I wish the HC server had minimap.
                          If you hit TAB and bring up the scoreboard you see the minimap. Though you might as well bring up the full map then. :)

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                          I think with Conquest mode.. you get folks Point Whoring..trying to get the next goodies (Or even a damn ammo box or medikit!) ... It's hard to restrain yourself and Defend an objective when there are all those "juicy" points to get in the Battle at the next Objective.

A good example of why this consolize gaming doesn't work well with TG Style play.. It's not about the team win...it's about the personal Achievements..
                          BLehh.... I still wanna play now though.. Grr...
                          It will be especially difficult while people are new to the game and unlocking content. But we've seen with our other ranked games that this trend dies out after a short bit. Once that happens and we get VoIP I would expect the quality to be much better. If not I'll be banning the whole admin team. :)
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Short answer: No.

Long answer: I'll be damned if you remove HC Conquest. Yes, pubbies all go sniper (this is old hat, guys), but to be honest most of them miss you even when you're standing still. Once VOIP is fixed and supporting member script works, everything will be much better.

Also, I dunno what guns you guys are using or how good your aim or latency is, but I can down a guy with 2 pistol shots in HC...
                            Last edited by LordKelvin; 03-05-2010, 11:41 AM.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Yeah, In HC people drop after what 4 bullets.. Never had to spray someone, oh well I have but then I really spayed and missed 3/4 if the clip.

I would like to test Rush HC but not locking the HC server too one mode..
                              Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X