Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"PC currently has more people playing and are in game servers than both the consoles"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "PC currently has more people playing and are in game servers than both the consoles"

Direct quote from a DICE dev:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...-now-soon.html

Lets hear it for PC gaming!

Re: "PC currently has more people playing and are in game servers than both the conso

Wow! I wonder if he meant combined, even? Probably not.

Comment

Re: "PC currently has more people playing and are in game servers than both the conso

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
      I read it as meaning combined.

Comment

Me to now :(

Comment

PC players are the people with the money and dedication for gaming. Seems right they would be more online. Console is just a quick fix for a frag if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
            PC players are the people with the money and dedication for gaming. Seems right they would be more online. Console is just a quick fix for a frag if you ask me.
            Nicely put Superfast! One can only imagine what the game might have been like if it was PC exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Assault9 View Post
              Nicely put Superfast! One can only imagine what the game might have been like if it was PC exclusive.
              I drool at the thought of what this game could have been as a PC exclusive game. PC is the best platform for FPS's in my opinion.

The problem is that the PC also has the most hackers...
              sigpic

Comment

Here is an indication of how busy the pc version is.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l-servers.html
                |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I have not seen hard numbers on this yet however I HOPE it does not mean that sales are lower than expected for consoles. Would love to see some concrete sales stats to compare the consoles and PC as well as with play time and such. These numbers will be a huge part of the justification of the future direction DICE takes towards Battlefield including support for this title.
                  Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                    I have not seen hard numbers on this yet however I HOPE it does not mean that sales are lower than expected for consoles. Would love to see some concrete sales stats to compare the consoles and PC as well as with play time and such. These numbers will be a huge part of the justification of the future direction DICE takes towards Battlefield including support for this title.
                    I hope sales ARE lower than expected for consoles. If it ends up as a trend we can hope for dedicated PC titles that they can port to consoles rather than the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDudeBT View Post
                      No, not combined. If you look a few posts down, he restates the quote saying that PC out sold each individually, NOT combined. Still that puts it in the top 5 for number of active player for an online FPS.

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
                      ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

Console players make up the majority of the gaming world. If the sales there are lower than expected and PC does not make up the difference in expected sales then that is a very bad thing. It is a great product and I hope it does very well. Good sales for Bad Co 2 is good news for the future of Battlefield players.
                        Battlefield Samurai 'Banzaaaiii!!!

Comment

Originally posted by [tR]Greasy_mullet View Post
                          Console players make up the majority of the gaming world.
                          I highly doubt that.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

"PC currently has more people playing and are in game servers than both the consoles"

No small achievement, if you take into account the numerous disconnects and long stretches of downtime!

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
                              I highly doubt that.
                              They definitely makes up the large majority of sales.
                              Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X