Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 Hour Downtime: EA Fails

Forum Link

Servers will be down until 3am (I assume EST) in America/9am France.

Can anyone explain why it will take 10 hours to do server maintenance? It takes me less time to completely reformat/reinstall my home PC, including updates.
    sigpic

Re: 10 Hour Downtime: EA Fails

Noooooo!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I just bought the game and couldn't connect.Now I know why

Comment

I think we are misreading this. Dice surely would have noted this themselves if they had planned to be out that long. The indications they have given are they are rolling out a new server update and removing basic EA servers temporarily to lessen the load. The master server being down is an unexpected outage as far as I know...

edit: dev response here http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/13092549-post39.html
        |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

Suits me well, I am tired of fighting that server browser and when I finally figured it out I got the cannot connect to EA. The worst is the big anticipation I worked up to play tonight for the first time, but the heck with that
          ,a good nights sleep and I am fit for fight again.
          A Battlefield infantrist since beginning of time, now gone MIA. Ahhh..bf1942 the adrenaline rush not encountered again in any game...since. I miss thoose great times.

Comment

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...l#post13092566

See post #45 from DICE, Bazza just posted that they are restarting servers etc.

Comment

I just want to know why the veteran stuff still isn't working, or at least some info on progress.

Comment

My estimation is they are seriously attempting to get all the gaming servers/master server connect back for US peak gaming hours, which is a few hrs from now. If they fail to do that then they really will have egg on their face

Comment

Its a Conspiracy against the Working Man... First Taxes, now taking away my only Prime Time Gaming ... I got to get to bed at 9:00!! I get sleepy..
                  |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                  ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I haven't been able to get past the server browser since the game came out I hope this fixes the problem.
                    sigpic

Comment

And they decided to do this when..................on a Friday night.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yoyi View Post
                        And they decided to do this when..................on a Friday night.
                        Ya, no kidding. Why not do it at 0300 est Sat morning? Everyone will be sleeping in until about 1000-1100 anyway.

Comment

<shakes fist>

Comment

It could be possible they wanted it fixed in preparation for primetime.
                            If you've played the game at all you know the servers (and the EA master servers) tend to get real ****ty when there are tons of people playing.

Comment

Yeah, servers get ****ty when they dont put enough MONEY into it and there is more demand than supply. Its oversight and crappy handling that's all. You don't see Oracle databases and other services going down without redundancy. Who am I kidding though, this is a game, and its not like we're going to sue the crap out of them...yet.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X