BC2 more popular than BF2?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 more popular than BF2?

According to Bazza in DICE, it would seem BC2 is quite popular.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 has managed to prove so popular that yesterday the concurrent users in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 surpassed that in Battlefield 2 which has been going strong for almost 5 years.
    Source.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...ct-status.html

Re: BC2 more popular than BF2?

Lets see how long it lasts though... and that I think is more a testiment of how good BF2 was to alot of people, that many people playing for that long...

A BF3 would instantly kill BC2 online I think, at least in the PC userbase...

Comment

hardly suprising that a new game has more people playing it then a 5 year old game
      AnimalMother
      Ex TG-31st LR
      "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
      sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalMother View Post
        hardly suprising that a new game has more people playing it then a 5 year old game
        'xactly. Their PR group is in full swing :)

- -

"..good sportsmanship shouldn't be sacrificed in the name of teamwork. " --WhiskeySix

Comment

I would not be surprised if PR and POE were killed off for the most part. If it wasn't for the hardcore settings in BC2 I think PR and POE would stay.

Comment

newer games, more gamers, less expensive hardware. rly with time off course a game will be more popular with something that came out before it. even if the game wasnt as great relative to BF2 back in its day it still would get more players in my opinion.

Comment

Game monitor, which tracks all BF2 servers, says there are around 13,000 players online as I type this. I know I remember BF2 being in the 30,000 player range at one point a few years ago and it probably was double that back around the launch.

For BC2 a few sites give some info:

- Steam stats indicate 26,000 players online right now.(some of that is SP)
              - xfire has BC2 at 8.8 times the amount of minutes played by BF2 for all players on its servers for today so far. (again some SP)
              - there are at least 3000 servers according to gametracker and which would be a max of 96,000 players if all of those servers were full 32s. If I sort by player count and go to the midway point servers are showing 15 players on those servers at the midway point. You have to go to about page 100 of 122 to find empty servers.

So based on that my best guess would be 45,000+ online atm. Clearly better than BF2 right now but thats a 5 year old game.
              Last edited by FBmantis; 03-06-2010, 04:28 PM.
              |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

There is also the Console Drain....The PC'ers who jumped to the Console to play..while in early BF 2 there wasn't the option..
                |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

well for starters, BF2 is old news.

"im free of all predjudices, i hate everyone equally" -Brad
                  "Fine, ill just talk to my fellow corpses!"-Chris G-AKA Miles Tegg

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X