|TG| Tags

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• |TG| Tags

In reading the BC2 forums, I have not come across an official post stating how the |TG| tags are to be worn in game. Can we please get a ruling on this? I have seen a wide variety of tags on the servers, ranging from /TG/ to crosshairs to [TG] and everything in between. In my opinion, it looks very sloppy. Lets clean this up to show a better image to people new to |TG|.

The 21st have adopted using the uppercase I for the bar until there is an official ruling. It is as close as I could find to the upright bar.

If there has been an official ruling, please show me where, and I apologize for the rant.

B

Re: |TG| Tags

I've been using a lowercase "L". It gives you that straight bar look.
    Give me strength to save a life...

Comment

Originally posted by Halligan View Post
      I've been using a lowercase "L". It gives you that straight bar look.
      what he said...

| |

My friends call me Y. My enemies call me... well, that's a secret.

"The only reason I team killed you is because I though you were already dead...
      ...Oh god, I just know that is going in someones signature" - Eroak

Comment

^ Same here..
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Lowercase "L" and uppercase "I" showed no visible difference, from what I could tell.

B

Comment

Been usiung lower case l as well.

Comment

you can also use the "SHIFT \" which looks like this |TG|, it goves it a bit bigger bar look over the lower case L.

SHIFT \ |TG| lTGl----Lowercase L

"Well Jayne, my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle."

Comment

Originally posted by Broly View Post
                you can also use the "SHIFT \" which looks like this |TG|, it goves it a bit bigger bar look over the lower case L.

SHIFT \ |TG| lTGl----Lowercase L
                This is where you would be incorrect since that produces the corsshairs the OP was talking about.
                Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

The current tag system doesn't allow you do enter enough characters for something like lTG-87thl . As the game is currently a mess...an official ruling now would be a mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by |3illY View Post
                    The current tag system doesn't allow you do enter enough characters for something like lTG-87thl . As the game is currently a mess...an official ruling now would be a mistake.
                    I disagree. Official rulings can be changed, they are not set in stone. The current situation with different usage looks sloppy and unprofessional.

Comment

Some of us have made due with no bars - TG-19th etc. No bars of any kind. Unfortunately the current state of the game is sloppy and unprofessional.

Comment

I use lower case L. As for the tag character limit, it is set at 8 I believe. I just remove the hyphen, so my tag is lTG23rdl

Comment

Maybe once we all get comfortable we can Email EA and change a few names. No big deal. I imagine they are slightly busy at the minute however..........

Comment

Expect something on this later today, its a high priority.

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectNA View Post
                              Expect something on this later today, its a high priority.
                              Thanks Project!

I personally just put up the lowercase L in mine and left it. I, personally, was a bit put off by EA's choice to replace the pipes with crosshairs but there are many ways around it as people have pointed out. Though, I do like the look of the square brackets ("[TG]") but I doubt many would agree with me.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X