Any news on the VOIP ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news on the VOIP ?

Has anyone here heard of when VOIP will eventually start working or is it just not included in this game?
    sigpic

Re: Any news on the VOIP ?

I've actually heard some VOIP every now and again, and no, it wasn't the ingame speech.
    I think it's just buggy at the moment and it'll work soon.
    TG Naith

Comment

I'v heard people talking too, but they didn't hear me. So buggy yep. Likely they'll fix it? Very if you ask me.

Comment

Lets hope its sooner rather then later

Comment

On a fresh map load me, Reap and Fehmart briefly had a clear VOIP communication. Then after 3-4 minutes it got all distorted again.

Comment

I've heard work fine while unsigned to a squad, but it doesn't seem to work when in squad.

Comment

Originally posted by vectorline View Post
              I've heard work fine while unsigned to a squad, but it doesn't seem to work when in squad.
              Well if you are unassigned to a squad you will do very well talking/giving orders to yourself :P
              sigpic

Comment

Personally VOIP works all the time for me. After a while other people seem to stop talking and I assume it stops working.

Comment

I also think it works fine as well... Just some people do not respond or have the VOIP disabled thus I assume it does not work. I think it work and will try to use it as much as possible while on TG

Comment

Originally posted by |TG| B View Post
                    I also think it works fine as well... Just some people do not respond or have the VOIP disabled thus I assume it does not work. I think it work and will try to use it as much as possible while on TG
                    I did notice after a while today it did get garbled and eventually cut out entirely. I think Lyramion had it right on the nose with it's relation to map time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirusblk View Post
                      I did notice after a while today it did get garbled and eventually cut out entirely. I think Lyramion had it right on the nose with it's relation to map time.
                      Typically it works on non TG servers....therefore when it comes up on TG severs people shoot it down.....it usually works......gets a little choppy....but usually works.

Comment

meh
                        Last edited by |3illY; 03-07-2010, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Well I suppose they had to release some kind of game on the March 2nd date - I guess we have to wait for the first patch to come out - until then I guess it's all about ranking up and keeping up with the rest of the players (bit of a late starter myself) :)

For me the biggest attracting feature of these games is how well the squad is able to communicate - VOIP is one of the largest reasons why I play online - without it, it just feels like any other game out there, might as well be playing against glorified bots. :D
                          sigpic

Comment

We just got an acknowledgment of the issue - I take it as very positive for being fixed at some point. I'm going to try to prod for more info...

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/13378386-post16.html
                            Last edited by FBmantis; 03-15-2010, 09:29 PM.
                            |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X