TG Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Gripe thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Gripe thread

Ok so it seems we all have complaints about this game, so I thought I would just make one thread that is dedicated to venting our thoughts! This is not a troubleshooting or technical thread, just something for us to let off some steam! Ill start.

-stability: I hate how once in a while the game freezes for a few seconds then starts working again. Its the only game on my system that does this.
    -ranks: I wish I had no life so that I can have more unlocks than God and a super high rank like some ppl I have seen in the game.
    -spam, bunnyhopping, general asshattery: 'nuff said
    -communications: What happened to me being able to hit "Q" and "T" and spot and request stuff? This was great in BF2 but doesnt work for me in BC2 even though its mapped in the options....
    -no prone position: now its harder to lay low and avoid fire. being a sniper sucks and my finger gets tired from holding ctrl all the time.
    -my favorites dont work and my history wont show what servers I have been in.

grrrrrr :( I think EA/Dice have a LONG way to go to get this game working right. It seems I have seen alot of ppl talking about technical problems like admin tools and stuff that are broke. The server browser sucks ass too.

Once its fixed it will be a kickass game I think!

Re: TG Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Gripe thread

-No designated Commander/Squad Leader: Has been discussed to death already. You're either OK with it or don't like it. Doesn't really matter as it would take a pretty huge redesign to do anything about it. Probably not gonna happen.

-No commo rose: I know the Q-ing what you want works, but having to look around for a medic or assault to "Q" them to request their respective supplies takes valuable, albeit brief, time which could be done nearly instantly with the commo-rose, keeping your awareness on the enemy instead of a teammate to supply you. Being able to say "get in" or "get out" was a quick way to communicate with people not in your squad or not in TS. Was the commo rose such a bad feature that they intentionally scrapped it for the current system? Oh, and I miss being able to hit a thank-you button in the commo-rose, I love me some battlefield politeness.

-No Move Marker: Again Q-ing an objective gets the message out what you want to attack/defend, but not being able to mark a non-objective part of the map for squadmates is a big step toward less tactical game-play IMO.

-No healing/ammo aura: I'm OK with no repair aura when in a vehicle as Engie. At first thought not having healing/ammo auras around vehicles seems a bit more realistic, but then I thought it wouldn't be any LESS realistic to get health or ammo laying up against a vehicle with a Medic or Assault sitting in it, as it's really not much different than squatting over a med or ammo box on the ground. Kinda on the fence about this one.

Comment

All this negative posting in the game forum is really getting me down. So now we're going to have a thread to focus people on what they don't like just so people can complain?

Seems off to me.

Comment

I also miss the commo rose, commander, squad leader
        Unable to see chat or who killed who when dead is lame.
        Hard to tell if you should spawn on squad mate or if it's suicidal
        Spam from 40mm, Gustav
        Sniper spam
        Do something about the flash from the APC 20mm. If you are in the gunner seat it makes you blind and unable to aim. Realism is fun but sometimes its too much. And of course sometimes its too little.

UAV is too easy to see and shoot down. Some guy spots it then the whole enemy team wants to blow it up. I also don't understand how the UAV machine gun works, sometimes its there sometimes not.

A dedicated man portable anti-air weapon like a Stinger would be nice. Could replace the AT weapon in your engi kit.

Hardcore mode. Maybe a little too hardcore? Really sad spotting doesn't work here and since VOIP is broken its almost as if every man is for himself. Unless of course people are on TS or whatever but not every server has that.

Need kickback from being shot at to prevent rofl knifing. To prevent this from making everything way less fun it should be limited to less than two meters from target or something along those lines.

More team switching freedom and balance feature to help out with making teams even.
        aka spartan421
        Bad Company 2: Kill dudes heal bros.

Comment

everytime someone complains a kitty dies..

Originally posted by An Anonymous Kitten
          Hate to say it that way, but the amount of whining and crying in the BC2 forums is starting to turn me off. I wonder if the other communities carry on these conversations the first week the new game is out, or if instead they are just having fun with a new title. Its almost as if everyone is bringing all their rotten baggage from the last title they played. The whining on TS last night was just stupid, and then everyone jumps on the team stacking bandwagon. No solutions, no suggestions, just plain crying and whining. I'm in the same game they are, I was losing along with them, but I just don't see it. Not every game can be by one point. Not every game has two winners.

We finally get something new and they are peeing in my cheerios.

its taking the joy and fun away from it. I honestly am not that worried about full TG servers, its actually refreshing to play on a different server. I don't know what that means.

(BTW, the angry face was to match the assorted threads in the BC2 forum, I don't get worked up over a game.)

Think of the kittens!! :icon_lol:

Comment

LOL whiskey! Honestly I tried single player mode and then I tried online, and its really sad, but I had alot more fun playing single player than I am online. I dont know of anything we can really do about the things were complaining about. The only thing I can think of is list everything we dislike about the game and then forward the thread to Dice as kind of like community feedback.

Comment

Or we could just complain about it.
              This thread has been really informative for me - since some of these issues I just thought I was unable to figure out. Now I find out that they are actually limitations. Good to know. :)
              BF4: Indiscrimin8

Comment

Originally Posted by An Anonymous Kitten:

"Hate to say it that way, but the amount of whining and crying in the BC2 forums is starting to turn me off. I wonder if the other communities carry on these conversations the first week the new game is out, or if instead they are just having fun with a new title. Its almost as if everyone is bringing all their rotten baggage from the last title they played. The whining on TS last night was just stupid, and then everyone jumps on the team stacking bandwagon. No solutions, no suggestions, just plain crying and whining. I'm in the same game they are, I was losing along with them, but I just don't see it. Not every game can be by one point. Not every game has two winners.

We finally get something new and they are peeing in my cheerios.

its taking the joy and fun away from it. I honestly am not that worried about full TG servers, its actually refreshing to play on a different server. I don't know what that means."

Well kitty it can't always be sunshine and rainbows. It's kinda like those "How am I driving?" phone numbers you see on the back of company vehicles. Hardly anyone calls them to say how wonderful the driver was doing, but calls to complain are common I would imagine. (Okay, it's not like that at all, but you get the gist of it) Forums are the same way, and yes if you go to just about any clan or game forum for any game release you'll see many a complaining thread. Negative feedback is sometimes just as important as the positive kind.

Think about any feature of any game that got changed by it's devs in a patch, chances are they were put in place because a whole lot of people complained about something. Or how about these ridiculous rules some of these gaming communities have on their servers that these admins enforce concerning teamplay and playing games "the way they were meant to be played"? I'd be willing to bet it took a little complaining at one time or another from some folks to the powers that be to agree to make it a rule.

Don't think of it as complaining, think of it as constructive criticism, as long as it's constructive that is.

Comment

All you need to do is take a gander at the EA/Steam forums and its actually worse than MW2's launch in terms of complaints. And before MW2's launch, Drona had to step in and do damage control in the MW2 forums.

Comment

Unreasonably high health/low damage levels.
                    Every thing that I have a gripe with is a subset of this.

Pros of having lower health/higher damage levels:
                    -Less fighting is CQB, leading to more people firing at people out in the open while they're vulnerable, rather than running up in faces smashing down their mouse button with the vengeance of Zeus.
                    -With less fighting being CQB, less useful the knife becomes.
                    -Not having to spend 30 rounds to take out an enemy

I could go on and on. Hopefully hardcore damage settings will make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Comment

No command ability on any level.

Former TG-21st
                      Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

I really don't want to take a dump on the game at this point. Most of the posts are right: it's new, it's fun, get over it's excentricities.

However, with the game being so F*&^ING buggy I can't believe it was actually released. I'm not talking about the master server downtime either! The big one that really gets me, largely because I'm trying to step up into a SL role, is the complete and utter lack of reliable in-game VOIP.

The CTDs don't bother me. The downtime doesn't bother me. The lack of M1 Garand doesn't bother me. JUST GIVE ME IN-GAME VOIP!

Comment

Don't think game devs don't browse through forums, especially large and highly visible communities like TG. I'll change the tone of the thread from "gripes" to "things I would like to see improved". As a preamble, all of these items are for hardcore mode.

- Assault rifles feel like toys. Strange recoil (feels rubbery/bouncy), poor accuracy and low bullet damage even on hardcore. I would like to see bullet damage be closer the COD4 hardcore levels; I feel that 5+ bullets from an AR to kill a guy is far too much. Also, though I know spray and pray isn't high accuracy, I shouldn't be able to spray an entire magazine at someone at point blank and not kill him (has happened numerous times).

- LMG bullet damage and accuracy feels too high.

- Grenades "float" in the air like they have no weight at all. Granted, they don't seem to go all that far, but they look and feel more like something out of a sci-fi game.

- Assault rifle and pistol reload times feel too high; it feels like I'm watching my guy reload in slo-mo. Grenade launcher reload times feel pretty good, however.

- Mounted MGs (emplacements, HMMV) don't aim properly in hardcore mode. I tested firing one bullet at a time (so as to have zero recoil), aiming down the ironsight. Each bullet hit wide right and high of where I was aiming.

- Voice comms need to be repaired, though this is obvious. :)

- This one I'm not sure of, but I don't believe you can Q-spot while reloading. I've tried numerous times, though the targets have always been a fair distance away. I've never successfully spotted someone while reloading, however. I'm also not quite sure, but I believe this is the case while in vehicles as well.

- Can't strafe while sprinting, would love to see this change.

- Wishful thinking, but I would love a lean feature. Also, sticky-crouch that doesn't involve creating a behind the scenes script. Alternatively, I'd love to see the BF2 feature of sprinting by double-tapping the forward key return; then I could use that left shift for something useful. :P

There are a lot of other general improvements needed, such as stability, however I'm sure these will improve in time. Overall, the game launch feels very rough compared to other ones that I've experienced. Definitely feels rushed, but I'm hoping that with the amount of popularity the game has gained already the fixes will be coming soon.
                          [squadl]
                          "I am the prettiest african-american, vietnamese..cong..person." -SugarNCamo

Comment

Originally posted by SmokingTarpan View Post
                            Also, sticky-crouch that doesn't involve creating a behind the scenes script. Alternatively, I'd love to see the BF2 feature of sprinting by double-tapping the forward key return; then I could use that left shift for something useful
                            1) Double-tapping W does work.

2) I have a sticky-crouch I made for BF2/PR, and I'll probably making an adaption for BC2 at some point.

Comment

An HP nerf or damage boost is needed (either or or maybe a bit of both) to fix the amount of kinfe rushers I have been seeing on the servers. Or if a person gets shot with a knife out they drop their knife and cannot re-equip it for say 10sec and are forced to use guns(I'd love to see this just to annoy the hell outta the knifers).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X