Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I defended Port Valdez and all I got was this lousy main battle tank.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I defended Port Valdez and all I got was this lousy main battle tank.

Just finished some great rounds on the Rush server! Thanks again to reaper for quickly asking for team-balancing after being down three soldiers for a bit.

Anyway - When it was our turn attacking on Port Valdez, we got past the first two MCOM's, but stalled out at the second stage. We just couldn't get our act together and attack together. Time after time, I, or someone, would say, "ok everybody, lets go!", but only 2-3 of us would go, while 8 or so would stay back to "cover us" - and obviously we all got smoked once we reached the crate area.

Then, as defenders, we did well for a bit, but the attackers took over the construction site pretty well and we eventually lost A and B. When B went down, I was in the B pit and tried to stay alive. It turns out it only takes about 15 seconds for the T90 to spawn there, so I grabbed it and high-tailed it out of there.

I made it back to the bradley spawn area darted and with about 50% health, but was able to get repairs [thanks to whomever brought the wrench]. I ended up hanging-on to that T90 for the rest of the round. It's not too hard if you realize that when you're darted, the rockets take a pretty low-angle of attack on you. So you just hug buildings and cliffs and such so the dart-seaking rockets can't get you.

Once we lost the third stage I was able to get back to the heli-pad area, where I stayed for most <yawn> of the round. It's a brutal tactic. Facing a Bradley, T90, Apache, and entrenched infantry without any armor to help lead charges... it's pretty much game over for the Attackers. We won handily, but it wasn't very fun.. a boring, meaningless victory. I think I got the vehicle stealing out of my system. Sorry Attackers ... next time I look forward to crushing you and bringing you to tears in a more fair fight :D

Re: I defended Port Valdez and all I got was this lousy main battle tank.

I had you dead to rights with C4, and then your gunner turned and my face was right in his turret. Frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
      I made it back to the bradley spawn area darted and with about 50% health, but was able to get repairs [thanks to whomever brought the wrench].
      You're welcome, although Reaper yelled at me for getting out of the Bradley to do so when I was closer than him and had it in cover anyway... And then he stole it from me (which is probably for the better anyway)

Comment

As I replay the round in my head, I realize it actually took quite a bit of solid teamwork to keep the tank up... mainly because I was assault when I boosted it, so it was a team effort to keep it in good working order.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          so it was a team effort to keep it in good working order.
          Sure was. I know I'm not the only one that did, but the two times you asked for repairs over TS I was running up with wrench in hand.

Comment

that was awesome, but frustrating, since I thought you were supposed to turn tail and run not hijack our stuff
            Anyway Im getting astuff back I feel perks ruin games for new players haha but it was fun
            sigpic
            <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFart View Post
              that was awesome, but frustrating, since I thought you were supposed to turn tail and run not hijack our stuff
              Anyway Im getting astuff back I feel perks ruin games for new players haha but it was fun
              Yeah, I bet it was frustrating. IMHO, a tactic that's frustrating for one side and boring for the other = not a great tactic, however effective :)

When B blew, I was in the pit right beside it. We cleaned out a few defenders and then I made my way to the other side of the pit - towards the corner by A. There, I shot two guys heading towards the pit (from A area).. and then voila! OPEN TANK!

Comment

I felt kinda dirty destroying the A MCOM so fast. I rolled the tank up behind the building and leveled it in four shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Amplitudo View Post
                  I felt kinda dirty destroying the A MCOM so fast. I rolled the tank up behind the building and leveled it in four shots.
                  No hard feelings, we let you do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
                    No hard feelings, we let you do it.
                    HAHAHA! I forgot about that! Yeah, before the round, we were on TS saying lets defend B and not even bother defending A... just abandon A since it's impossible to keep anyway. Of course we spawn in and a few people (who I guess werent on TS) ran over to A, and people were like "no, leave A!!"... then 5 seconds later A explodes :icon_lol:

Comment

I wish I had a video of you guys rushing over the hill when you were offense. There was a lull in the action, and then all of a sudden it looked like an entire team of medics ran over the hill in front of my Bradley. It was at least 20 guys running in a line, just about everyone in our TS yelped, "What the hell!"

I think I got 10 kills in 2 seconds with the Bradley.

Comment

@ Amp

The Geneva Convention
                        for
                        MEDICAL PERSONNEL AND CHAPLAINS
                        (paraphrased in NWP1-14M, Section 11.5)

Medical personnel, including medical and dental officers, technicians and corpsmen, nurses, and medical service personnel, have special protected status when engaged exclusively in medical duties and may not be attacked. Possession of small arms for self-protection, for the protection of the wounded and sick, and for protection from marauders and others violating the law of armed conflict does not disqualify medical personnel from protected status.

HA! Shoot at me now! ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

If you are packing an M60 with laser sights you are going down.

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                            Possession of small arms for self-protection
                            Sounds fair to me Amp! That M-60 sure isnt small!
                            sigpic

Comment

Small arms is a term of art used by armed forces to denote infantry weapons an individual soldier may carry. The description is usually limited to revolvers, pistols, submachine guns, carbines, assault rifles, rifles, sniper rifles, squad automatic weapons, light machine guns, and sometimes hand grenades. Shotguns, general purpose machine guns, medium machine guns, and grenade launchers may be considered small arms or as support weapons, depending on the particular armed forces.

HA! I win again. Now stand still and let me defend my patient by shooting you. :D

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X