Sniping into uncaps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping into uncaps?

Is this allowed? I got sniped when I spawned first thing on the map with the red water and boats and stuff.

Here's a diagram:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1268120813

I complained but everyone said "Lol thats the game nub, you're a retard".

Re: Sniping into uncaps?

#5 in these rules:
    http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...te-06-mar.html

"For Rush and other game modes, there are no restricted areas beyond those imposed by the game."

#2 on the other hand:

"No Spawn Camping"

In rush mode you can fire into the attackers base but you cant spawn camp and pick them off one by one. Someone correct me Im wrong.
    (Professor douchebag :) )
    sigpic

Comment

spawn campin is gamey period...................

Tex

Comment

1. That's legal. Expect to be shot at, regardless of where you are on the map.

2. That's not spawn camping [as defined by our rules]. Spawn Camping is simply waiting for a player to appear at a known location, and killing them before they have a chance to move. Fortunately it's an exploit that's actually a little difficult to do in BC2.

3. Drop the DB references please... maturity and mutual respect are just as important as not bunnyhopping.

:)

Comment

It would seem like there's a lot of disagreement on this issue.

"Spawn Camping is simply waiting for a player to appear at a known location, and killing them before they have a chance to move."

That's what happened. I was killed within 2 seconds of spawning.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            Fortunately it's an exploit that's actually a little difficult to do in BC2.
            Not all the time. On the desert map, just to the side of the base is a huge hill that looks right down into the spawn. Last night I had a guy up there that was taking us out as soon as our boots touched the ground. Most of the other maps its hard to get to the spawn but on that one all you need is an ATV and a scope.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Saphric View Post

That's what happened. I was killed within 2 seconds of spawning.
              Were you spawning on a squadmate? I thought the fixed, campable spawnpoints were back from the crest of the hill - unreachable by snipers at a lower level.

Its a subtle but important difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Saphric View Post
                Is this allowed? I got sniped when I spawned first thing on the map with the red water and boats and stuff.

Here's a diagram:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...g?t=1268120813

I complained but everyone said "Lol thats the game nub, you're a retard".
                I've been on that island with people sniping the attackers base and I can definitely see how one could argue it's spawn camping. Excellent diagram by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                  Were you spawning on a squadmate? I thought the fixed, campable spawnpoints were back from the crest of the hill - unreachable by snipers at a lower level.

Its a subtle but important difference.
                  I've had it happen before, albeit not on TG servers, on the actual spawn. Only happened once, but still happened none-the-less.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X