Let's take a step back and breath

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's take a step back and breath

There are quite a few players new and old, including myself, that are excited about the latest title in the Battlefield series. Many of us have been playing the battlefield series since BF1942 and a few of us started playing those games at Tactical Gamer. We also have many regulars who have heard great things about the battlefield series and BC2 is their introduction into this realm of FPS play.

We all have high hopes and expectations about the game play on Tactical Gamer servers and about the game itself, many of which will not be realized right away and some won't be realized at all. I would like to point everyone to a most excellent thread on BC2 Community Expectations, specifically the community responsibilities section. There are no words to express the importance of those responsibilities and their relevance to Tactical Gamer.

We need to change the tone of some of the threads that are popping up. The negativity and lack of constructive feedback does nothing to move us forward. The game is a week old for goodness sakes. Before a public complaint thread is lodged the question needs to be asked of what you did to make the situation better and if all possible options were exhausted. You're not on your own here. We're a community that has many helping hands willing to work through any obstacle to make for a great gaming experience.

So enjoy the nuances of the game and take some gratification in tackling the struggles as a community. Then get your butt back on the server and enjoy yourself and the other community members.
    Last edited by asch; 03-09-2010, 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Let's take a step back and breath

Well Said.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

I'm going to bump this. This is extremely important for everyone to read.

Comment

Bumpity bump!
        |TG|Melee
        Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

One of the writers at Shacknews made mention of the TG community in an article about BC2 last month. Not sure if you guys saw this, lets make sure we all live up to the standard of teamwork he talked about.

Evening Reading: Bad Company 2 Almost Here!

As we head into the weekend, it occurs to me that Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is almost here. Sadly, we won't have one more weekend with the beta before Tuesday's release, but I'll take the time to reflect upon why I'm looking forward to this game in a big, big way.

Battlefield 2 was one of my all-time favorite games (ever). I used to play on the TacticalGamer servers, which required you to squad-up and have a microphone connected. Suffice to say, it fostered a good amount of teamwork and intense virtual battles. There were some especially good pilots that played on those servers.

Personally, I played as a medic and focused more on keeping my squad alive than getting as many kills as possible. It was a golden-age of PC FPS gaming. Men were men. PC games were PC games. The twelve year-olds were focused on Halo 2 on the Xbox. Times were good.

DICE's focus on PC gamers for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 is encouraging. We keep dedicated servers, clan support, and an interface developed specifically for the PC version. Man, they even released a trailer detailing the PC specific features:

I wish EA and DICE a smooth launch and hope to see you all on the Battlefield on Tuesday! With that out of the way, let's get into the Game of the Evening. Another one of my favorite PC games ever:
          |TG-X| mp40x

Register for the Forums! | Get on Teamspeak! | Play Squad! | Join Discord! | Support Tactical Gamer!

Comment

bump.

I'm a returning player (been playing since 1942, played Vietnam, BF2 for the longest time and eventually PR, and played some 2142. After a long absence, BC2 made me return and I enjoy the discovery of this new puppy, and see players I used to see a lot in my BF2 days. I think we're all discovering the game and its possibilities. And I've witnessed & experienced a lot of TG coop gameplay I grew so fond of. Let's stay positive, and continue to bring that attitude in the game.

Cheers!
            |TG|drjones666

Comment

The game has it's flaws, get over it! play the game!, get on TS, and coordinate, hold your ground, and stand fast, to win the game!
              Last edited by MrMojay; 03-13-2010, 01:14 AM. Reason: I got inspired!

Comment

Always nice to get a bit of good press. Maybe it will bring some like-minded players our way.
                |TG|Melee
                Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Comment

yes the game is getting better everytime I play!! Will be nice to see what they have done with it after this weekend's hardware downtime :D
                  |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X