Too many snipers!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too many snipers!!!!!!!!!!!

while playing on TGs hardcore server last night I quit in disgust after spawning in not once but five times (I counted)and dying to snipers within seconds after spawnin in it became monotonous and just plain not FUN
    I know admins cant restrict classes, but this is getting old fast..........Im sure its pubs but I personally would like to see somethin at least attempted to curb an all sniper TEAM .People gamin the game is not why I choose to join TG(not accusin anyone in particular)Its why I quit playing in pub servers.

Tex

Re: To many snipers!!!!!!!!!!!

There are probably not really any more on the HC server than the other two. It just feels like it because of the insta-kill damage they do. I usually start my gaming day on the HC server, before it gets too snipery, then switch to normal to alleviate the OSOK sniper frustration.
    Last edited by Harlequin; 03-10-2010, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Snipers never get any love. In 2142, people griped because they were nearly useless, but now that they are decent (and powerful in HC mode), suddenly that becomes the problem.

Make up your damn mind people, you can't have it both ways.

And while we're on the subject, I always lay aside the kit in favor of assault if our team needs it. The recon sensors however are amazing, the gadgets available are also amazing, so I don't see the problem.

The main source of frustration I think is rather that most of the pub snipers don't push up when necessary.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

I always want a recon in my squad. Those balls is worth more than anything else I can think of and if he is useless as a sniper and wont equip a shotgun I don't care. As long as he keeps throwing out those balls!
        Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by LordKelvin View Post
          The main source of frustration I think is rather that most of the pub snipers don't push up when necessary.
          Not only that but when playing a game and over half the other team is sniping it makes it difficult just to spawn in. No matter where you spawn, where you move to, you have 6 snipers aiming at your head. This makes it impossible to move outside a building let alone try and defend an MCOM as no where is safe. Personally I feel cheated everytime I get sniped when all i am trying to do is spawn or move 3 feet to the left. I understand that its part of the game and whatever whathaveyou, but the fact remains that when you are playing and you get shot in the head from across the map with no way of defending yourself or even having time to take cover, steals the fun out of the game. I would like nothing more than to get into a pitched firefight over an MCOM or flag, but being killed before I even start is making me regret paying 60 bucks for this game. It just isnt fun.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Some other people feel your pain.

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

I hate good snipers, I love bad ones. Knowing a sniper is following you in his scope just makes it so much fun when you are sprinting from building to building.

Comment

I'm looking forward to one day passing here where I don't read about someone complaining about dying in some way, shape, or form that they arbitrarily find "un-TG." Wishful thinking. Today it's snipers, yesterday it was knives, before that it was grenades, before that it was 40MM. Not to mention the complaint of too many snipers on your own team, showing that it really goes both ways with this complaint.

When you have a bad round, before coming to the forums to gripe about it, take a breather, drink a beer, and play some Peggle or something to cool down. Can't wait til I get this on PC so I can join you all.

No offense is meant to the OP by this post. Honestly, there are several hard counters to snipers; among them vehicles, UAV, snipers, helos, and soft counters like flanking, etc... If you're getting sniped when you spawn, choose a different spawn point or spawn back at the uncap. You need to be flexible in the role you play, and if you're unwilling to adapt to what the enemy team is doing you are probably going to continue to be frustrated! We also need to accept that you will sometimes play against individuals or teams that are much better then you.

This is about as balanced a game as I've ever seen at launch, yet the laundry list of things people find "unfair" continues to grow, which is amazing to me. And I'm stuck on PS3 right now!! I'm the one who should be complaining! :D
                "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Honestly, you get used to 50 billion snipers in hardcore mode. I have nowhere near the irritation towards snipers in BC2 as the rage towards snipers I had in BF2142. Not sure why. Maybe because the rest of the game is so incredibly awesome.

Comment

The issue yesterday on the HC was worse because for a period we had snipers killing us as we spawned in the UCB. This is obviously against the rules, but without good admin tools how do we inform and enforce?

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                      I'm looking forward to one day passing here where I don't read about someone complaining about dying in some way, shape, or form that they arbitrarily find "un-TG." Wishful thinking. Today it's snipers, yesterday it was knives, before that it was grenades, before that it was 40MM. Not to mention the complaint of too many snipers on your own team, showing that it really goes both ways with this complaint.

When you have a bad round, before coming to the forums to gripe about it, take a breather, drink a beer, and play some Peggle or something to cool down. Can't wait til I get this on PC so I can join you all.

No offense is meant to the OP by this post. Honestly, there are several hard counters to snipers; among them vehicles, UAV, snipers, helos, and soft counters like flanking, etc... If you're getting sniped when you spawn, choose a different spawn point or spawn back at the uncap. You need to be flexible in the role you play, and if you're unwilling to adapt to what the enemy team is doing you are probably going to continue to be frustrated! We also need to accept that you will sometimes play against individuals or teams that are much better then you.

This is about as balanced a game as I've ever seen at launch, yet the laundry list of things people find "unfair" continues to grow, which is amazing to me. And I'm stuck on PS3 right now!! I'm the one who should be complaining! :D
                      +1 Well said. We look forward to your arrival, and good attitude. :)

Comment

We just simple can't. We can only tough it out until the admins get the tools they need.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner View Post
                          The issue yesterday on the HC was worse because for a period we had snipers killing us as we spawned in the UCB. This is obviously against the rules, but without good admin tools how do we inform and enforce?
                          Check if an admin is on TS and provide the name of the player. If not on TS, then post it in the contact-an-admin forum. If it is a regular TGer they can always address it with the player even if not immediately while in-game.
                          |TG-12th| asch
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Axis_Sniper View Post
                            I hate good snipers, I love bad ones. Knowing a sniper is following you in his scope just makes it so much fun when you are sprinting from building to building.
                            The key phrase there is "A" good sniper. Not 6.

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
                            If you're getting sniped when you spawn, choose a different spawn point or spawn back at the
                            The only problem with that is if you spawn on your squad mates there is a sniper there waiting. If you spawn at the uncap there is a sniper there too. You dont have time to counter any of the snipers because as soon as you start you have a bullet flying at your head.

I am in no way trying to feed the flames but, I find it hard to believe that some people dont see it as a problem. "Its just the game" I agree it is just a game however when it starts to be not fun that makes it something else entirely. "Stop crying about it and play", cant, we keep getting killed everytime we start for a majority of the round. 1 or 2 snipers do make things very interesting and get you semi paranoid when you hear the crack of the bullet, but with only a couple you have a chance to survive long enough to do something about it as they cant cover all areas at once. When you get upwards of 5 or 6 they are able to cover the entire map making walking, shooting let alone surviving for longer than 10 seconds next to impossible.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I have to interject and maintain that this 'spawn and get sniped within 3 seconds' is a gross exxageration.

Even on hardcore, less than half of my kills are with the rifle in a given round and for every shot I make, I miss about 3-4 more due to misjudged height compensation or sudden movement from the target.

The best defenses against sniping in this game are to only remain stationary behind total cover and avoid moving in predictable straight lines. Hide in burning tank husk or throw smoke to obscure their vision. Move through dense foilage so they have a hard time tracking you.

There are a lot of ways to avoid being sniped.

I die far more often to the 40mm and m60 spam than I do to snipers.

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X