Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple solution to the missing SL issue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple solution to the missing SL issue.

So.... the game doesn't saddle someone with SL automatically, that doesn't mean your squad has to be a headless chicken. TAKE CHARGE!

If your are inclined to lead a squad, (and we have many many talented squad leaders here at TG) make a squad and take control. Maybe use a secondary TS channel and issue orders.

Simply explain that you are the squad leader and anyone not wanting to comply with your orders can find a different squad.

If you're not inclined to lead, ask on TS if anyone is, join their squad and support them.

Ill make a squad next time im able to jump on and try this myself, but I really don't foresee any major issues with the guys here at TG.

Re: Simple solution to the missing SL issue.

I think this will be the norm once we have VOIP.

Comment

Yeah, once the teams are able to communicate better this will become second nature. We just need to be patient and do the best we can with what we have until then.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I would hate the leave the team-wide channel though. Some valuable intel gets shared there.
        This is why I was really wishing that teamspeak3 would support users being in multiple channels at once :/
        Maybe something can be done with tabbed server connections

Comment

Originally posted by KnyghtMare View Post
          I would hate the leave the team-wide channel though. Some valuable intel gets shared there.
          This is why I was really wishing that teamspeak3 would support users being in multiple channels at once :/
          Maybe something can be done with tabbed server connections
          No reason why you can't talk in squad VOIP, and have the team in the channel sharing team relevant information only.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
            I think this will be the norm once we have VOIP.

Till then the one with the deepest voice gets to command

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
              Zhohar?

Comment

This is why I was really wishing that teamspeak3 would support users being in multiple channels at once
                You can sort of. All you would need to do is set up key binds to jump between channels easily, and add every one of those channels to a whisper list. Set it to something like your num pad so when you push one you talk to squad one etc.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

When you join a squad in-game be sure to make a mental note of the squad you're in. It makes life so much easier when you can give orders like "Echo Squad: Defend Alpha"

Comment

Something to throw in to this discussion: If you create a squad, please dont LOCK it so that other TG/people cannot join it and then not respond when being asked about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
                      Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                      Zhohar?
                      Sc1ence.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                        Sc1ence.
                        +1 Exactly!

Comment

When you join a squad in-game be sure to make a mental note of the squad you're in. It makes life so much easier when you can give orders like "Echo Squad: Defend Alpha"
                          It's odd how they chose to give both squads and objectives letter designations. It can make for some confusing comms. We should make an SOP to refer to squads by assigning a number to their respective letter. Or use the pre-1955 Able-Baker designations for one and the current Alpha-Bravo for the other, but then of course you still end up with two charlies.

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                            It's odd how they chose to give both squads and objectives letter designations. It can make for some confusing comms. We should make an SOP to refer to squads by assigning a number to their respective letter. Or use the pre-1955 Able-Baker designations for one and the current Alpha-Bravo for the other, but then of course you still end up with two charlies.
                            Could call it "A" and "B" instead of alpha and bravo. But the able baker designation sure brings back them memories of WWII.

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                              Could call it "A" and "B" instead of alpha and bravo. But the able baker designation sure brings back them memories of WWII.
                              Yeah, that thought crossed my mind, but then I figured it's easy to confuse "B" and "D" on maps that have a D which is why phonetics are used to begin with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X