X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC2 Bullet Drop

Interesting:

"On the "physics" of Bullet Drop, there are several types of bullets:
    • Bullet. The standard for all weapons from pistols to the weaker Recon Rifles. They are not affected by gravity at all. You can fire straight at an enemy at any distance.
    • Sniper_Bullet. A bullet affected by fake gravity. Used by the M24, SV-98, GOL, and Slug Shotguns
    • HMG_bullet. Used by stationary and vehicle mounted machineguns. That AND the M95 sniper rifle.

The two features of HMG_Bullet is that it does not drop as much as Sniper_Bullet AND it can damage lightly armored vehicles such as Jeeps and Helicopters.

All bullets travel at the same arbitrary speed of "600" (though their tracers are made intentionally slower than the actual projectile)."

(source)

Re: BC2 Bullet Drop

So firing your M60 at the helo is pointless?

Comment

Yes.
      "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
      He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Evo<^|SiNz|^> View Post
        Yes.
        No! A 4x scope on a M60 can take out the gunner or pilot given that the person aims correctly. Also, only support class should be firing at a helo because of the rapid fire rate compensates correction for the ability to hit a small target moving quickly (or if you are a really good shot/sniper). So the next time you play and notice everyone and their mom is firing at a helo because its flying a little bit lower than usual, you're on a noob team.

You should NOT be firing the M60 at any other part of the helo except exposed areas where the pilot/gunners can be damaged.
        Last edited by Avs; 03-10-2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
          So firing your M60 at the helo is pointless?
          Not completely..but it sure as hell looks cool :D. You just have to make sure to scream out "GET SOME! GET SOME!"

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
            Not completely..but it sure as hell looks cool :D. You just have to make sure to scream out "GET SOME! GET SOME!"
            ahahaahhaha litterally laughed out loud at that :D

Comment

This explains why I can't hit anything with the M95. I've been grossly overcompensating for drop....

"Cum bellum clamavit, nos respondivi..."

"I've given everything I can... There are no heroes left in man..."

Comment

Also : Tracers go slower than the actual bullets. Which means that while the slug seems to take forever it's really just as fast as any rifle as mentioned above.

Comment

They also travel much faster in this game then BF2142 meaning you have to lead your target much less.

Former TG-21st
                  Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Does that mean when in a tank on tank battle, if you are in the gunner seat, it is actually useful to shoot your gun at the enemy tank? Because i know no hit markers show up, but does it slowly do damage?

Comment

AND it can damage lightly armored vehicles such as Jeeps and Helicopters.
                      I think 'lightly armourred' is the keyphrase here. A tank is heavily armoured so I think that HMG bullets won't damage it while you can use them on jeeps and choppers. Maybe also on light tanks but I'm not sure of that either. My money's on no.

Comment

I think it's a safe bet that if you don't see the X indicator, you're not doing any damage.
                        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by twiddilywink View Post
                          Does that mean when in a tank on tank battle, if you are in the gunner seat, it is actually useful to shoot your gun at the enemy tank? Because i know no hit markers show up, but does it slowly do damage?
                          I have shot down helos with the tank mounted hmg, so yes it is useful.

Comment

Originally posted by twiddilywink View Post
                            Tank MGs, and MGs on cars do not damage MBT (main battle tanks), aka. Heavy Tanks. Heavy Tanks (T90, or Abrams) can only be damaged by explosives: Grenades, Rifle Grenades, MT4, RPG, CG2, AT Mines, Helo Fire, Light Tank main guns or BMD AA gun, and other heavy tanks.

So in short, dont fire machine guns on tanks. I believe the ZEUS emplacement does not damage them either. Could be wrong, but nobody ever uses that anyways without getting blown up.

Cars (Jeeps, Russian Party Van) and helos can be damaged by all sorts of small arms fire (windows for the most part) and MGs alike. In fact, don't ever fire on a tank with your tank's MG unless the main gunner doesn't see the tank and needs you to help. Otherwise you're:

1. Revealing your position
                            2. Not watching for C4 guys and RPGers
                            3. Not helping your gunner spot

Comment

Originally posted by Avs View Post
                              2. Not watching for C4 guys
                              It is amazing how many kills you can get just staring backwards to kill everyone behind you, people always assume they are safe once the tank has passed and they either A: come out into the open or B: are hiding in a spot were turned around you can easily see them.

Former TG-21st
                              Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...