X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BFBC2 getting “extensive paid DLC” in the next six months

Source:

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/201...ext-six-months

I hope that free DLC comes out real soon. This game needs more maps for sure. To note: Its still possible that existing owners (first time owners) get the said DLC above for free if this is still part of the $10 program to discourage second hand buyers.

Re: BFBC2 getting “extensive paid DLC” in the next six months

why did I read "expensive paid DLC" first? :)

Comment

Cause you know its coming. It will hit us when we least expect it. Good find Avs!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Lyramion View Post
        why did I read "expensive paid DLC" first? :)
        ME TOO!!!

I really hope they give us pre-orderers some free stuff*crosses fingers*

Comment

We are actually supposed to get a couple more maps for free, then they start charging for more. Might make things complicated for TG servers, as not everyone is going to want to buy more maps.
          Another article on it:
          EA: Look for lots of Battlefield Bad Company 2 DLC in next six months

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
            Might make things complicated for TG servers, as not everyone is going to want to buy more maps.
            Well, if we stay strong with multiple servers we could run full map rotation servers and non-DLC ones.

Comment

Pff the art of splitting their own community... EA has it down. Craptacular.

Comment

Pretty much al haha, if they havnet learned anything
                sigpic
                <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

Originally posted by BigGaayAl View Post
                  Pff the art of splitting their own community... EA has it down. Craptacular.
                  Exactly!!!!!!!!

Splitting a community up is one of the quickest ways to kill an online game. I remember it happened to FarCry with a patch snafu shortly after release, where half the players couldn't get the new patch to work, but it fixed a lot of stuff, so the players that could get it to work went with it. People got fed up waiting the month or so for UBI to get it fixed and never came back. The ammount of servers and players in them by the time it was fixed was tiny compared to before.

This isn't a patch the same way as FarCry, but it does the same thing. Some TG guys aren't going to buy, some are, and we won't be able to play on the same servers as much. The better thing EA/DICE should do is like with BF2, release mod tools so people can make their own maps for free. How can they be so clueless and forget what worked and why BF2 still sells so well. :row__531:

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by biggaayal View Post
                    pff the art of splitting their own community... Ea has it down. Craptacular.
                    qft
                    Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                      How can they be so clueless and forget what worked and why BF2 still sells so well. :row__531:
                      They didn't forget. They're a business. They've already gained the reputation, now they're milking it for what it's worth.

Comment

They should've just made the whole thing subscription based.

Comment

I heard the First Paid DLC will be a Functional Server Browser (Circa Tribes 1 or even Tribes 2!) and then followed by a VOIP Pack... Again..Just rumors...

On Another Note... Is this another reason why we, as PC Gamers, should fear the prominance of games that the companies state will not be open to the modding community? Think of a Little game called BF2... Look at the lessons "learned" there by the DICE/EA Folks...
                          Every time someone boot's up PR...someone at EA Marketing sheds a tear...
                          |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
                          ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
                            They should've just made the whole thing subscription based.
                            They're marketing to console players. Not to mention they would lose sales overall for players who wouldn't want to pay2play.

Every time someone boots up PR, someone at EA Marketing is taking a money bath.

Comment

Originally posted by peardog View Post
                              ...and then followed by a VOIP Pack... Again..Just rumors...
                              V-V-V-VOIP pack? Like we have to pay for VOIP?!? I hope not...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X