• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Funny Voip Fix

This just popped up on the EA forums:

Aparantly in your gamesettings.ini there is a spelling mistake

"VoipRecieveVolume" should read "VoipReceiveVolume"

Apparently if you fix this mistake and make the file read only (otherwise the game will do it again) then VOIP works...
    I haven't tried this out yet and warn anyone testing it to save a copy of the file you are editing in case funny stuff starts to happen.

The file is located in my documents/bfbc2

Ill test it out tomorrow and let you guys know.
    2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
    BC2: |TG| Wesb2
    BF3: Wesb23

Re: Possible Funny Voip Fix

LOL.. OH well..Spell check ftw... we should know if this works if we get a Mysterious update today from Dice...
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

Yeah "mysterious" :)

- having fun on the battlefield, the "TG way"

Comment

funny, but that can't possibly fix it - VOIP sometimes works....

Based on what it sounds like when it starts cutting out, my money's on it being a network/bandwidth issue.

Comment

That would be funny haha
          sigpic
          <a href="http://www.metro2033forum.net">metro 2033 forum</a>

Comment

I figure they misspelled it everywhere.

Because with coding, once you've typed it once, you just keep everything consistent, you don't often stop and think it out.

I've never heard the VOIP work ingame, so I wouldn't know what Whiskey knows. With his input, I would really just assume against the notion that this would be the problem.
            There's a possibility that it's the issue, though. Just doubtful.

Comment

In-game VOIP always works on the first map when the server resets. The TG servers crashed a lot last week (like everyone else) and I definitely had VOIP working 4-5 times.

Comment

VOIP was working earlier tonight as well on the Rush server...definately choppy though and I think you hit the nail on the head Whiskey when you said it was a bandwidth issue
                |TG-Irr| Zantheus

Comment

meh
                  Last edited by |3illY; 03-13-2010, 03:57 AM. Reason: smoke

Comment

VOIP worked a few nights ago on the Rush server right after it came back from a crash, lasted about 10 minutes or so before everyone's voice garbled up and eventually it stopped working all together.

Comment

It seems the ingame VOIP only works with a certain amount of people on the server. When I was playing after the servers emptied out and there was maybe 4 on each team VOIP sounded decent, it was hard to tell the difference between our TS and the ingame VOIP (take that, Source-based games ;) ) however after about 15-20 players filled the server it started to garble up and clip when people were talking, before disapearing completely.

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisclaveret View Post
                        it was hard to tell the difference between our TS and the ingame VOIP (take that, Source-based games ;) ) however after about 15-20 players filled the server it started to garble up and clip when people were talking, before disapearing completely.
                        As advertised on the box:
                        "You'll receive crystal clear audio, as long as there's only 5 people playing!"

Comment

I also noticed in the GameSettings.ini file that there are settings for Voip at the very top and bottom, should there be only 1 instance of these settings?, I do not think one is for transmit and one for receive as there is only a setting for receive in the game settings, could these 2 instances be causing a conflict in turn causing the Voip to stop working after a while?

I deleted the settings at the bottom and the game put them back in when it started up, I then deleted the settings at the top and the game did not put them back in after it started.

EDIT:I also deleted the GameSettings.ini file after backing up the one I already had (back it up baby!) and the game re-wrote the file, it puts all the settings to default, I closed the game and opened up the file and there was only one set of Voip settings?

I started the game back up and changed the Voip volume to 1 to see if the game would pop in another set of settings but it did not it just changed the single set?
                          Last edited by MrMojay; 03-15-2010, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X